Diabloii.Net Member
120% Crushing Blow??

With this gear
Gore Riders (15)
Rattlecage(25)
Guilliames(35)
Venom Grip (5)
IK Maul (40)

I could accomplish some pretty good crushing blow....its lookin mighty nice for a zeal pally, or perhaps a kick assassin. How about a strafe/multizon does the crushing blow still crush with that? ooh the possibilities of a physical type static shock.

Zenkat

Diabloii.Net Member
Crushing blow works at half potential when used with projectile attacks.

Anymore than 100% cb is unnecessary.
Perhaps a StoneCrusher legendary mallet (40% cb), instead of ik maul, so you can wear a shield.
Also, perhaps blood gloves (possible 5-10% cb) or steelrend, which have 10% already.
The "monster flee" on Rattlecage is annoying unless youre a bowzon.

Stonecrusher 40
Guillaume 35
Gores 15
Gloves 10

Thats 100% right there.

incognitojawa

Diabloii.Net Member
In Hell I dont find the monster flee on rattle cage annoying because it usually turns the creature and I finish him while he is fleeing with my frost zealot. It really helps in big groups too.

Mikeyg

Diabloii.Net Member
Then again u could subsitute the IK maul for a Cranium Basher (75% crushing blow) but as said it wouldnt let u use a shield

Mikey

twighlight

Diabloii.Net Member
please note you would not have 100% chance of a crushing blow, the only way of getting 100% is to have a mod on an item which says is 100% CB. with this set up it would be possible to get 5 crushing blows in 1 hit although the chance would be like 0.01%. With these items i believe that the chance to get at least 1 CB is around 80%, with diminishing chances to get 2, 3, 4 and 5 CB's with 1 hit.

i can only think of a couple of ways of getting very high crushing blow on an item. an ettin axe can have 5 sockets so 5 ber runes would give you 100% of a crushing blow with pretty decent damage, i think this would be a real waste of runes and would much prefer a eth ettin axe with a zod and 4 gul's in it. the other way i can think of is a cranium bahser with a ber rune which would be 95% CB.

it would take long time to work out the crushing blow percentages for this set up but it hink it would be around

MorbidDoom

Diabloii.Net Member
twighlight said:
please note you would not have 100% chance of a crushing blow, the only way of getting 100% is to have a mod on an item which says is 100% CB. with this set up it would be possible to get 5 crushing blows in 1 hit although the chance would be like 0.01%. With these items i believe that the chance to get at least 1 CB is around 80%, with diminishing chances to get 2, 3, 4 and 5 CB's with 1 hit.

i can only think of a couple of ways of getting very high crushing blow on an item. an ettin axe can have 5 sockets so 5 ber runes would give you 100% of a crushing blow with pretty decent damage, i think this would be a real waste of runes and would much prefer a eth ettin axe with a zod and 4 gul's in it. the other way i can think of is a cranium bahser with a ber rune which would be 95% CB.

it would take long time to work out the crushing blow percentages for this set up but it hink it would be around
That is exactly the opposite of what Arreat's Summit says. I got this from the Arreat Summit site:

Crushing Blow Items stack in most cases. In 1.10 Crushing Blow is calculated before your normal damage. So, before doing the damage that you would normally do, there is a chance you will reduce the health of the monster by X% then normal damage apply to the resulting lower life. If you have more than one item with Crushing Blow, the probabilities will be added together. There will be one random check for a Crushing Blow. There is no check for each separate item, so one can not get multiple Crushing Blows in one attack.