Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

120% Crushing Blow??

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by bunghole, Feb 29, 2004.

1. bunghole

bunghole IncGamers Member

120% Crushing Blow??

With this gear
    Gore Riders (15)
    Rattlecage(25)
    Guilliames(35)
    Venom Grip (5)
    IK Maul (40)

I could accomplish some pretty good crushing blow....its lookin mighty nice for a zeal pally, or perhaps a kick assassin. How about a strafe/multizon does the crushing blow still crush with that? ooh the possibilities of a physical type static shock.

2. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Crushing blow works at half potential when used with projectile attacks.

Anymore than 100% cb is unnecessary.
    Perhaps a StoneCrusher legendary mallet (40% cb), instead of ik maul, so you can wear a shield.
    Also, perhaps blood gloves (possible 5-10% cb) or steelrend, which have 10% already.
    The "monster flee" on Rattlecage is annoying unless youre a bowzon.

Stonecrusher 40
    Guillaume 35
    Gores 15
    Gloves 10

Thats 100% right there.

3. incognitojawa

incognitojawa IncGamers Member

In Hell I dont find the monster flee on rattle cage annoying because it usually turns the creature and I finish him while he is fleeing with my frost zealot. It really helps in big groups too.

4. Mikeyg

Mikeyg IncGamers Member

Then again u could subsitute the IK maul for a Cranium Basher (75% crushing blow) but as said it wouldnt let u use a shield

Mikey

5. twighlight

twighlight IncGamers Member

please note you would not have 100% chance of a crushing blow, the only way of getting 100% is to have a mod on an item which says is 100% CB. with this set up it would be possible to get 5 crushing blows in 1 hit although the chance would be like 0.01%. With these items i believe that the chance to get at least 1 CB is around 80%, with diminishing chances to get 2, 3, 4 and 5 CB's with 1 hit.

i can only think of a couple of ways of getting very high crushing blow on an item. an ettin axe can have 5 sockets so 5 ber runes would give you 100% of a crushing blow with pretty decent damage, i think this would be a real waste of runes and would much prefer a eth ettin axe with a zod and 4 gul's in it. the other way i can think of is a cranium bahser with a ber rune which would be 95% CB.

it would take long time to work out the crushing blow percentages for this set up but it hink it would be around

6. MorbidDoom

MorbidDoom IncGamers Member

That is exactly the opposite of what Arreat's Summit says. I got this from the Arreat Summit site: