Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

108 Damage Pike Any good?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Forbiddian, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Forbiddian

Forbiddian IncGamers Member

108 Damage Pike Any good?

I'm just wondering. I'm thinking about making a level 12 Classic Hardcore Charger with it.

Gear is easier to find because you don't need 39 Charms and only lose ~4-5 hours of leveling/rushing if you get pasted (everything gets looted).

Anyway, I found 25-108 damage Pike and I'm wondering if I should keep searching (level 10 Req).

And do 4 Socket Gothic Plates spawn? I'll probably have to go to NM cows for them, if they do spawn (Do they?).

I could get Angelics combo, Bloodfists, Death's Belt, some random boots, 7 Socket Helm/Armor with regular Rubies, and this Pike.

Also, on a completely different note: Does Whirlwind always Whirl at the same speed (i.e. Lance gets more hits than Khalim's Will because of more range).

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I'd wager that 108 is decent for lvl 12 Classic.

Last time I knew, weapon speed had nothing to do with whirlwind speed in Classic, so it's all about range. That's why you only see Lance and Martel Barbs.

EDIT: Wouldn't you want Duskdeep for a helm? Angelic's + Bloodfists + ruby armor should be plenty of life, and Dusk adds some max dmg... or is that too high lvl?

3. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

*goes and looks at his merc's crappy helm*
    Level 17, sounds a bit high ^_^
    But what about biggins?

To answer the WW question, I *HEARD* ww was bugged in classic, which results in ww hitting way to often making rattle cage + goblin toe rather common for BvB duels. That is just hearsay.

4. evils

evils IncGamers Member

no socketed white armors in classic..

//Johnny

5. Forbiddian

Not at all? So I have to find soem shitty rare with 24 FHR, some life, resists maybe and defense at level 12?

But I can get a 3 socket mask? Or only crowns (I've seen 3 socket crowns, but I've never seen a regular mask at 3 sockets).

Bah, so I gotta find a good Gothic Plate or something.

6. evils

evils IncGamers Member

yes, crowns/masks can spawn with 3 socks.. and aim for a nice rare gothic/light with fhr/life/nice res/socket .. or maybe angelic armor..

//Johnny

7. DarkHoly

DarkHoly IncGamers Member

No socketed armors in Classic, at all. I believe the highest damage level 12 req pike I've seen is about 135ish. I can hook you up with the bloodfists and angelic, if you like, as well as a 3socket bone helm and sigon's boots, or something to that effect. It's all just lying around on a mule, might as well let somebody put it to use:). Whirlwind has a set attack speed in classic (not bugged, it's always been that way), so weapon speed with WW is rather pointless. One thing to look out for, though, is anyone with sigon's shield or any other decent-blocking shield. Dexterity does NOT affect blocking in classic, and as such allows for higher Vitality and max block. The key to a charger is to kill in very few hits, especially in PK (as opposed to PvP), and if you're only hitting once out of every four hits for, maybe 50 max PvP damage, you're not going to get many kills. I honestly suggest waiting a few more levels and using an ancient axe. IMO, axes are way under-used. I've seen a few of them with the -30% requirements mod on them that have some pretty hefty damage. Anyway, my account is *Dark-Holy on USWest, give me a hollar or a PM if you'd like some help with a rush or anything.

-Dark

8. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

im with darkholy on the axe issue.

i had started an axe pkk barb in classic with an ancient axe(i think it was ancient...whatever the normal version is) that had something like mid 60's% ED -20% requirments 1-3 or so cold dmg and an open socket. lvl 11-13 reduirement (dont remember).

while that may not be a "godly" axe, i gambled it in about 10 trys with my lvl 44 shockadin lol

but then i decided to go back to exp just because there are soooo few games in classic its not even funny :(

9. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Can you socket armors with sojs in classic?
    My latest dive into it didn't net me excess Sojs to give my armor an extra 38 life so I don't know o_O

10. BaNiSeR

BaNiSeR IncGamers Member

i honestly dont know, but from what ive heard there are NO socketed armor period...so im guessing no

11. Forbiddian

Snap, dark holy, that'd be great.

I'm gonna gamble Great Mauls, probably. They do insanely more damage than Ancient Axes.

Ancient Axe is like: 69 Str Req with 22-45 damage (67 avg.).
    Great Maul is: 99 Str Req with 38-58 damage (96).

That's an average of almost 30 damage/hit. That's an extra 5*whatever my ed ends up at.

It'll cost me 90 life (less with -reqs), but I'll have way more damage.

Hmm, if I drop to level 15, I could probably pick up an 80 ed (or so) Great Maul with -reqs.

I was thinking about pking people in the Sewers range (12-18 or 19)... I know that there's some dueling group at level 20 that pks act 3.

12. JDM.

JDM. IncGamers Member

108 dmg pike is decent. Armor in classic doenst spawn with sockets.but you can put socket stuff with soj and pskull (only 1 time per item), but good luck finding SOJ in classic HC.

13. Forbiddian

Lol, found 3 Nagels, already... 20, 21, 21....

But if the old "ring order" thing was up, I'd have an soj (one was in a tomb run, the next was in Norm cows, and the last one was in Nightmare cows).

But as it is, I don't even have one good one.

14. DarkHoly

Forbiddian, you really need to either give me your account or look me up man, I've gotta dump out some of this stuff on my mules:p

-Dark

15. Forbiddian

KillzUGot for pking and classic hardcore ladder.

Wait, is your stuff non-ladder? I'm really just playing Ladder, right now.

16. Forbiddian

Thanks for the help. In my gambling, luck struck twice:

Bone Crusher
    Great Maul
    73-111 damage (184)

99 Strength Req
    17 Level Req

4% Life Leech
    Adds 4-7 fire damage
    93% Enhanded Damage
    +94 Attack Rating
    20 IAS

The ironic thing is that it'd be better without the IAS mod (one that I've gambled hundreds of javelins for in the Expansion).

Grim Song
    Great Maul
    62-96 (158)

99 Strength Req
    Level 9 Req

65% Enhanced Damage
    +1 Maximum Damage
    +53 to Attack Rating
    Adds 1-7 Lightning Damage
    Prevent Monster Heal (if only this worked on players)

And two Ancient Armors:

One with 299 Defense
    +1 Life
    26 Cold Resist
    Some other kind of resist

And one with 230 def and
    +26 Life

17. DarkHoly

Excellent, I'll finish nm quests for you tonight, hopefully find the blasted angelic gears soon..

-Dark