Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

-100% td weapon

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Mana, May 1, 2005.

1. Mana

Mana IncGamers Member

-100% td weapon

Consider this a noob question. Would using a -100% td weapon mean I won't have to worry about ar when kicking in pvp? Or would -75% td (claw) be viable also?

2. Throttle

Throttle IncGamers Member

-% target defense suffers some penalties in PvP, so it wouldn't be 100%. I'm not sure of the exact figures but someone else might be.

3. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

The -x% TD mod is halved in PvP. So would need to have -200% TD to completely negate an opponent's defense.

4. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

Does that mean off of total defense or base defense?

For example, if I have a 6 eth phase, which is -150% or -75% pvp target defense, will I take a paladin with 40k defense down to 10k defense? or will his defense still be much higher?

5. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

It is taken off the total defense.

The penalty exists for bosses, uniques and champion monsters as well.

6. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

so is there any way to get an "09 eth bug" effect in this patch?

like, tiger strike/dtail with a 6 eth phase and level 10 or so CoS, and then like how much ar? assuming 40k def or so.

7. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

I was under the impression that if the character you were attacking had any +% deffense gear or skills {such as holy shield or shout or defiance}, then something with -% deffense would have to be taken away from the total +%.

Example would be a paladin with a 200% deffense holy shield, and you kicking with a 150% - deffense phase blade, the paladin would still have 50% deffense.

The problem is obviously, lvl 20 holy shield alone without synergy and just level 20 has +310% deffense, lvl 20 shout has 290, and dont forget about iron skin, and the simple fact that most barb's prebuff to make that % alot more.

For this to be effective you would have to find a lower level barb or pally who havnt invested that much into holy shield or shout, and also work with your cloak a bit.

8. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

There are two types of -target defense: skill and item. Nali's explanation applies to weapon based reductions (Eth runes, or natural reduction mods), while yours applies to skill-based (CoS reduction, War Cry, etc.)

I think there are a few quirks with this too, like the boost on CoS acts like an item-based buff.

No. It was a bug and was fixed.

As for AR calcs, just use the formula and solve backwards from a 95% chance to hit.