Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

100 Posts! And a "Gift"

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Verashiden, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

100 Posts! And a "Gift"

Well, this is my 100th post. Man, it seems like it took forever to get here. Anyways I have a little excerpt from a story I [may] write on Diablo II. Tell me what you think.

Oh, and so this is on "topic" The Lionheart Runeword. Is it viable for HLD if I put it in an elite armor?

On with the story:

…

Leikai looks over the cliff at the ensuing chaos below. Druids everywhere are fighting those who have come to purge them. How did things end up this way? Perhaps it’s because their closeness to nature scares them. Or, perhaps their shape shifting skills seem a tad too close to the power of illusion used by the demons. Still, whatever the reason may be the Paladins have come and given the order of “Forsake your ways or die.â€. Unnecessary to say, but the Druids have chosen to go down fighting.

Leikai looks at his Master quietly. They’re waiting for the sides to develop a bit more before they enter the battle themselves. Leikai slightly disagrees with this. It doesn’t seem that there’s any clear cut order developing. The battle started as chaos and will problem remain chaotic until the very end. If anything the waiting just seems to bring even more chaos to the fight. Leikai lets out a small whine. It’s interesting how Wolves tend to keep their wolf characteristics even when they’re not shifted.

“Leikai.â€

Leikai looks over at his Master again, already knowing what’s coming. He begins concentrating on his primal instincts even before his Master utters his next words.

“It’s time, let’s go!â€

Leikai immediately leaps from the cliff, falling down to the battle below. As he falls he can feel the changes in his body already taking place. Fur begins to erupt from his body and his jaws begin to feel tight. He can feel his muscles condensing and changing to become more of a springboard. His skin begins to stretch as his muzzle begins to form and push its way out from his face. At this point a light encompasses Lei, saving everyone a view of the more radical changes to his body. When the light fades Leikai is no longer there. What’s in his place is a Werewolf, ready for battle.

Falling into the Paladin ranks Leikai makes short work of the nearest one. Using his claw in a lazy slash he catches the unprepared Paladin in the throat, ripping into his Jugular Vein. The Paladin’s eyes grow wide as he tries to gasps for breath but is unable to. Feeble hands reach up and grabs at the torn throat, attempting to clear his throat of the blood. The clawing hands quickly slow down as the brain starts to die from the lack of oxygen. The Paladin falls to his knees, his eyes rolling back into their sockets. Then he falls to the ground, motionless.

Leikai turns and looks at the remaining Paladins around him. All of their shields are a glow with what they call heavenly energy. Leikai scoffs at them, which comes out more of a growl. These fanatics can’t leave well enough alone. It’s a shame. They don’t know what they’re messing with right now. This battle isn’t going to go as easily as they had originally thought. He focuses on the Paladins who don’t have any weapons. Shield Dancers. That’s what the Druids call them. Of course, people might better know them as Smiters. Leikai’s been warned time and time again about these guys. Guess now it’s time to see if they’re all they’re cracked up to be.

The first paladin to get brave rushes Lei and thrusts his shield out in front of him. Lei braces himself and prepares to catch the annoying “holy†shield and deprive the Dancer of his only weapon. Despite making his intentions obvious, the Dancer continues rushing him. Lei frowns to himself. Is this guy ignorant? Perhaps Leikai didn’t make himself clear enough. Oh well, this fool will soon realize. Leikai reaches out and grabs the shield with both hands. Suddenly a searing pain flairs through them and Leikai rips his hands away. The Dancer senses the opening and quickly rams his shield into Leikai’s chest. Another searing pain flairs through Leikai as he is knocked backwards. He barely manages to dig his claws into the ground and keep himself from toppling end over end. Leikai grinds to a halt and looks at his now charred hands. So this is what their Holy Shield skill does. Well that changes everything around slightly. Leikai looks up and sees the emboldened Dancer rushing him again. Leikai can’t help but smirk. That’s the last mistake he’ll make.

The Dancer comes in the exact same way he did before, head on. Leikai widens his stance, bringing himself slightly lower and building the energy in his legs. He just has to wait for it. The Dancer is quickly upon Leikai, swinging his shield in a downward fashion. Leikai’s ears twitch as he takes his signal to react. Pushing off on his left foot Leikai explodes to his right, barely dodging the attack. Once his feet hit the ground again he pushes off his right and attacks the now open Dancer. The Dancer begins to turn but it’s already too late. Venom is already dripping from Leikai’s mouth as he bits the Dancer on his arm.

The effect is near instantaneous as the Dancer begins to scream. Still clinging on to his arm Leikai spins around and throws him into the ranks of the other Paladins. The other Paladins catch, then gasp when they realize their mistake. The Dancer is already a sickly green. The poison eats away at his skin, causing blotches and even some parts of it to fall off his body. He tries to scream but his throat is already closed and his swollen tongue, now looking the same color as a bruise, flaps uselessly against his lips. His eyes are bloodshot and seem to have had their vessels burst from the inside. The iris and cornea are now a ghostly white as his unseeing eyes blindly look upon his allies. Withering away before their very eyes, the remaining Paladins drop their companion. However, they’re already infected. Soon the screams of everyone in that group fills the air as they succumb to the same venom that claimed their friend.

Leikai turns from the sight and sees yet another Paladin. This one has a Phase Blade. Leikai can tell because the blade looks to be as though it’s not really their. The ghostly outline of it seems to blend in with the surrounding, giving it the look of blood on the ground behind it. What are extremely visible are the runes inside of it. Leikai cants his head to the side. He knows how strong runes are. However, in this weapon there are only two runes he recognizes. Lo, the rune of true strikes, making each attack deadlier than ever before. The other one is Mal, the rune that prevents the healing from wounds. Lei growls to himself. What an odd combination of runes to have in a weapon. What is he doing?

Without warning the Paladin charges Leikai. Leikai gets into a fighting stance and braces himself. Within seconds the Paladin is upon him and slashes at Leikai with the odd sword. Lei simply blocks the attack using his claws. However, something happens. Leikai immediately recognizes the signs of poison spreading throughout his body. What’s worse though is that the attack almost shatters his claws and sends him flying back. Leikai can’t find his footing and hits the ground hard. He rolls several meters away before sliding to a stop. Lei looks up at the Paladin, dazed by the attack. How could a weapon be that strong? The Paladin charges Lei again, looking for the kill.

Leikai watches the Paladin rush towards him. This is the end. He’s going to die here. How could he let everyone down? Leikai fights the urge to close his eyes. No, he’ll watch the end coming. At least he’ll have some honor left if he does that. Suddenly a flash of fur crosses Leikai’s vision. The Paladin turns and gets his shield up just in time to block the attack. The impact still sends him skidding away though and buys Lei enough time to get to his feet. The other Wolf turns, showing Leikai that his Master saved him.

“Quit being so careless.â€

Leikai is about to respond when a flash of light interrupts him. That can only mean one thing. Reacting on instinct Leikai shifts back into his human form and jumps up. He places a foot on his Master’s chest and uses all the strength he can muster to push him back. Surprised by the move his Master falls backwards and Lei tucks into a neat back flip just as the lightning strike rips apart the ground they were just at. In the air Leikai concentrates, taking what he learned from the Elementalists in the village and calling upon the wind for aid. Within moments Leikai can feel a breeze envelope him. He lands on his feet just as the wind soon becomes a cyclone, surrounding him in it’s protective winds. The armor complete, Leikai shifts back into his Wolf form, looking up a nearby hill at the new attack. The Paladin doesn’t move, but challenges Leikai to come to him. The electricity cackles around his feet from the use of his attack. Lei growls low in his throat, then in his Were Wolf voice bellows.

“Let’s go!â€

2. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

I used Lionheart runeword in a great hauberk, or something. It looked ugly when in 'human form', but I was shifted most of the time, so it didn't really matter. But yes, it is still viable in hell. To me, gear doesn't matter in hell. To solo hell, you need to play smart, not just slap things with your claws.

As for the story... my jaw has dropped off my face, hopefully I'll find it soon :p

You are an excellent story writer, and I congratulate you on your 100th post. I'm getting pretty close myself. I must insist that you finish this story. *begs*

Can't wait for the next installment.

3. saudili

saudili IncGamers Member

Dude blizzard should hire you for writing their novels, nice story you wrote there.

4. Verashiden

^_^ Thank you both. I'll try to get another portion of the story up soon. I actually have to write it though ^^;;. When I do though I'll move it to the Fanfic section, I'll post the link here though.

5. NewForumBloke

NewForumBloke IncGamers Member

Very very awesome story! I too would love to read more on this man! And as far as the lionheart goes, it has to be one of the greatest pvm armors for any char. Res, stats, etc, its a perfect armor to use!

-BLoke :smug:

6. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Write a story and post it in the Fan Fiction forum, there you'll find many others with the same talents willing to discuss/develop stories etc.

7. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

You are a great writer. Good luck.

8. Verashiden

Lol well it'll be a bit before I get another part up, slow computer at home means I have to wait till I get to college [on Monday or Tuesday] so be patient. :)

9. Verashiden

Clicky

Go go! Story will be posted there and the second part is up!

10. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Great read verashiden Ill go read part two asap:thumbsup:

11. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

You have a lot of posts.

The Fan Fic forum is alright here. If you really start to advance more, submit stuff to TheDarkLibrary. They always need new content. (http://tdl.worldofwar.net)