Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

100 Pindle Runs

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by buster, Feb 18, 2004.

1. buster

buster IncGamers Member

100 Pindle Runs

I know 100 runs isn't much for Pindle since I've run him 1000's of times, but after a week long drought of high TC items from anywhere - Pindle, The Pit, Baal, etc., I guess this post is more out of frustration :grrr:

Runs 1-43 Nothing
    Run 44 Plated Belt
    Runs 45-100 Nothing

Runs done by level 96 Zon with 642 MF (828 with merc, but she's too slow to get any of the kills) at players 1.

2. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Woot! Welcome to the world of my sorc :teeth:

--T

3. flying_dug0ng

flying_dug0ng IncGamers Member

ouch :( By run 30 you should give up for the night. Changing mapseed but continuing on doesn't usually work, in my experience.

4. buffa

buffa IncGamers Member

That is 1 of the reason why I did not run pindle in v1.10...

5. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

I don't think anyone should read too much into these results, he is just having a string of bad luck. I have had spells 10 times worse than that and I have spells when I found Crown of Ages, Tomb Reaver, Andy's Visage and a Stormshield in about 30 runs...

Sam

6. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

wOOt, plated belt, sweet find :evil:

nah srry for your bad luck, just keep trying, those uber items must drop sometimes right :uhhuh:

7. the_alphabetman

the_alphabetman IncGamers Member

A single set item in 100 runs? I think you just had a streak of bad luck. I think I get around 1 set/unique item every 20-25 runs I do with my sorc who has ~600% MF.

8. buster

buster IncGamers Member

Actually I’ve had pretty good luck running Pindle so far in 1.10. As I mentioned I’ve run him 1000’s of times in both 1.09 and in 1.10. In 1.09 I wouldn’t have any problem counting the high TC drops (TC81+) on one hand, but in 1.10 I’ve gotten about 15-20 high TC drops from him so far.

It’s just that this is probably the worst 100 run streak that I’ve had with him and on top of a week of no high end drops from anywhere, I just had to blow off a little steam. I’m pretty sure the game is just testing my perseverance before dropping that Windforce I been looking for forever. :uhhuh:

9. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Ouch, that's real rough luck

10. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Agreed, but sometimes he can be one of the best places to run... in a two day (5 hours total) span I found a Windy, Death's Fathom, Nightwings and Elderstaff... It's all about luck and patience.

Say the average P8 Pit run is 8-10 minutes and the average Pindle run is pretty close to 30-45 seconds... You should be able to get around 10.6-20 Pindle runs. If we average that out and say 15 Pindle runs per Pit run then we are looking at about 1500 Pindle runs to get about the same data as 100 P8 Pit runs.

So who is up for this giant task???

11. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

altogether in v1.09 i did about 500/600 pindle runs and got nothing, mf was 600, although i did get an ist from a non minion in my 13th run (dont ask how i remember that cos i was really happy at the time) and if pindle really is less likely to drop now i would reconsider running him at all...