Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

100% non-twinked str?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Orion241, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Orion241

Orion241 IncGamers Member

100% non-twinked str?

Hello I recently got into the game again and made a sorc for my first char to MF with. How much base str do you guys recommend? I'm thinking 75ish? But I may have to wear lower end MF armors until I can get out there and get better stuff, Skullders for example, which requires 90 str or something.

2. darthwood

darthwood IncGamers Member

Hi Oriion. I've just completed my first mf sorc, so keep in mind that i'm not exactly an authority on these things.

My advice is to plan what equipment you want your sorc to have and invest your stat points accordingly. Keep in mind that your mfing, so your equipment will improve. Skullders may be out of reach right now, but all it takes is a good hellforge or a lucky drop and it could be sitting in your lap. It would suck to fill your inventory up with strength charms because you didn't allow for it.

Max blocking is a priority for me, so my sorc has 156 strength so she can equip a stormshield. If you only invested 75 base into strength, stormshield wouldn't be an option for you. Just some food for thought.

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Should you try to get a "Spirit" runeword shield and keep putting points into vitality, instead of heading for max-block, then you will need 156 base str, since this will only fit in Monarch as the lowest req shield.

If you are just going vitality route without that shield, simple put enough to wear some of the armors that are useful for a Sorceress, around 60-80 will do. Tal Rasha's set armor requires 84 str.

Usually you will not need to distribute your skillpoints just when you get them. When i went untwinked this ladder i had like 85 stat points left for distribution at lvl50. So just save some up and see where you might need them.

Also for your untwinked purposes, don't forget the simple to make runewords, Insight, Spirit (in a sword), Lore, Stealth and Leaf. All the runes needed can be harvested from the countess.