100 ancient tunnels runs

Snake

Diabloii.Net Member
100 ancient tunnels runs

I did these runs with my MeteorOrb sorceress on two player mode.
She has about 385 MF on her.
They took about 4 minutes each.

So much for the facts, now onto the results:

1. nothing
2. Hwanin's Blessing
3. Toothrow
4. Bonesnap, Rattlecage, Infernal Cranium
5. nothing
6. nothing
7. Sazabi's Ghost Liberator
8. Cathan's Mesh
9. Infernal Toch
10. nothing
11. Blood Raven's Charge
12. nothing
13. Soulflay
14. nothing
15. Cathan's Seal
16. nothing
17. nothing
18. Sigon's Shelter
19. Butcher's Pupil, Shadow Killer, Isenhart's Horns
20. nothing
21. nothing
22. Bladebone
23. nothing
24. Threads of Cthon
25. nothing
26. Boneshade
27. nothing
28. nothing
29. nothing
30. nothing
31. nothing
32. Death's Torch
33. nothing
34. Frostburn, Trang-Oul's Girth, Vidala's Fettlock
35. Spire of Honor
36. nothing
37. nothing
38. nothing
39. nothing
40. nothing
41. nothing
42. nothing
43. Goreshovel, Clegclaw's Tooth
44. Magnu's Skin
45. Arcanna's Deathwand
46. nothing
47. Artic Mitts
48. nothing
49. Rite of Passage
50. nothing
51. nothing
52. nothing
53. Naj's Circlet
54. nothing
55. nothing
56. Soulfeast Tine, Wormskull
57. The Ward
58. Griswold's Edge
59. Hellclap
60. Leadcrow
61. Death's Touch
62. nothing
63. nothing
64. Pierre Tombule Couant
65. Beserker's Hatchet
66. nothing
67. Bonesnap
68. nothing
69. Lance of Yaggai
70. nothing
71. nothing
72. nothing
73. nothing
74. nothing
75. nothing
76. nothing
77. nothing
78. nothing
79. nothing
80. nothing
81. nothing
82. nothing
83. Aldur's Stony Gaze
84. nothing
85. Demon Limb
86. nothing
87. nothing
**. Naj's Light Plate
89. nothing
90. Sureshrill Frost
91. Arm of King Leoric, Hwanin's Splendor
92. nothing
93. nothing
94. Kelpie Snare
95. nothing
96. Sander's Riprap
97. nothing
98. nothing
99. nothing
100. Lycander's Flank

I did't find anything that made my hard stop. I am not realy happy with the results. What do you guys think?

P.S. I am basicly searching for a Windforce. I found a Magical Hydra Bow. Does that mean that this map-seed can drop one? If not, I am concidering changing the map. The WP is 3 teleports away of the entrance tho. Any advice is welcome.

Takis

Diabloii.Net Member
Your runs look pretty good compared to mine. I ran Ancients 25 times and got nothing. Granted I didn't do a clear out each time, but went about half way until I openen the chess, but still I should of got something. Oh well!

Nice job, thanks for sharing it with us.

Takis (El_Greco)

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
You would have got much more drops if you had used /players 8 instead of /players 2. But you got some nice drops and those high-end items still drop really seldom

Some people say that map seed doesn't affect which base items map keeps dropping, but I believe that if you got Hydra Bow, you should continue runs there. My seed have given me ~40 magic/socketed/normal Berserker Axes, but only few Thunder Mauls. Same thing goes with many other base items.

But prepare to do REALLY many runs if you want Windforce. I did ~800 Pit runs with good seed on /players 8 and with 478% MF (628% on merc) to get one. I don't even want to imagine how many runs you have to do...

Good luck!

:thumbsup:

Vorbiss

Diabloii.Net Member
Very bad luck man, but at least you are persistent! :thumbsup: Change the seed till you get another good map, then try again, try to get 100 more MF, and maybe the Wf will be with you! :)

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
nice work on the runs. as others have stated, you should try the runs on a higher players setting, as long as it doesn't slow you down too much - and with a meteor orb sorc, it shouldn't. also, since the ancient tunnels has ~ 1/2 as many champion/unique packs as the pit (i think that's accurate), you need to be able to run the AT in about 1/2 the time as well for it to be a good place. the only thing that i don't like so much about both of those areas, but especially the AT, is that the monster density is rather low. all in all though, those look like a good series of runs. :thumbsup:

re. the windforce: theoretically the effect of your map (and hence your map seed) should be virtually nothing by the time you actually get to the AT and kill a few monsters, so i wouldn't be too concerned with that if i were you.

why ancients tunnels? i take it its got a alvl of 85, but then why not jsut do pit runs? uch easier, and on many characters are lessitem dependant, so you can beef up your mf more. and you can do p8 and it wont take months.

Boddah_khan

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
why ancients tunnels? i take it its got a alvl of 85, but then why not jsut do pit runs? uch easier, and on many characters are lessitem dependant, so you can beef up your mf more. and you can do p8 and it wont take months.

The point of these runs is to compare each of the lvl85 areas, see if one does drop better than others. The pits aren't the only place to test run.

i didnt knwo it was a test run to see how good they are, jsut an MF trip by snake.
prsoanlly, testing each lvl 85 area is a good idea, except for the seed, which pretty much is confirmed to effect the chance of 1 kind of base item dropping more than another.

Vajar

Diabloii.Net Member
Ancient Tunnels has about 6 boss packs. The pits have about 6 boss packs on level 1, and 2 on level 2. The benefit of Ancient Tunnels is that they don't have any cold immunes - they work well for blizzard MFers (which work well against Mephisto too). Its also a bit safer here - the monsters move a lot slower (plague bearers, etc.).

Right now I have a map that has the WP right next to the entrance (1 teleport away) - it works great. Haven't started seriously running it yet, I'm still finishing act 5 hell.

ShriekingWillow

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd agree with what others have said, try to up the /players count and keep cramming on as much magic find as you possibly can. Other than that, there's not much you can really do but enjoy yourself while playing and hope that one day the Hydra Bow turns up unique. Still never has for me...

Snake

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
For a MeteorOrb it is better to do the ancient tunnels than the pit, because of no cold immunes and just one fire immune. It is quite save too, I never die, only my merc does sometimes(ones in 10 runs).

Thanks for the advice on the map-seed guys. There where so many threads about pit runs lately, that I wanted to make something to compare them to.