Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

10 minutes with Mephisto

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by helvete, Nov 3, 2010.

1. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

10 minutes with Mephisto

It's been discussed a lot back and forth lately, how to do effective MF, so I thought I'd do a little expiriment: 10 minutes of meph runs, as fast as I could without getting too stressy (a couple beers helped with that). Here's my results:
    EDIT: Ooops, forgot to mention I run at /players3
    Code:
    Run  Total     Lap
    1    00:36     36
    2    01:11     35
    3    01:43     32
    4    02:16     33
    5    02:48     32
    6    03:39     51
    7    04:15     36
    8    04:49     34
    9    05:20     31
    10   06:02     42
    11   06:39     37
    12   07:17     38
    13   07:51     34
    14   08:45     54
    15   09:19     34
    16   09:55     36

As you can see from the timetable, I found stuff which needed ID and/or stashing away, and I needed to restock mana pots on some runs. One run, I fell back to my habit of checking the superchest behind meph, but I'd rather make an LK runner soon. Generally, I'd say not to shabby.

Stairs are 4 teleports from WP
    I run a (one week old, yay!) lvl 93 sorc, "Tjyvis":

1 static (8)
    1 TK (8)
    1 tele (8)
    1 warmth (8)
    1 frozen nova (11)
    20 ice bolt (30)
    20 ice blast (30)
    20 glacial spike (30)
    20 blizzard (30)
    19 CM (29)

Str: 156 sharp (for monarch, planning for tal set)
    Dex: base
    Energy: base
    Vita: rest
    Life: 1248
    Mana: 544
    FCR: 65%
    MF: 549

Shako (Ptopaz)
    +3 cold ammy
    Escutas +3
    Wealth BP (still no skullder, could go tal armor tho)
    Spirit monarch
    Chance Guards perf
    Tal belt perf
    Nagels 26,28
    WT 49%
    Gheed 32%
    7mfsc
    Rhyme bone shield and ali baba ISTIST on switch

No merc, starting in act 4, using moat trick, or trap him to the right of his stairs.

Notable finds:
    Arreats Face
    Cerberus' Bite
    String of Ears

...what do you think? If anyone does better, please share! I'd like to know the secret :badteeth:

2. Grisu

Grisu Diabloii.Net Member

Re: 10 minutes with Mephisto

I run at players 1, because it nets me more items over time (calculations by Grisu(TM)), and last MFO I participated, I managed around 130 runs in one hour, so that's about 21,66 runs in 10 mins.

Now if I could only remember my equipment...I think it was maxed out Blizzard sorc with

faceted DF
    Spirit Monarch
    PTopaz Shako
    Tal's Belt
    Tal's Armor (PTopaz)
    Tal's Amulet
    Trang Gloves
    War Traveler
    Scintillating Ring of Fortune (+12 All Res, 23% MF)
    Rare Ring (10% FCR, +19 STR, +18 Life, Res Cold +14%, Res Fire +22%)

+wagon load of 7% MF SCs and 40% Gheed's

Merc (IIRC...) had
    Insight eth Thresher (for the mana regeneration - Mephisto is unleechable anyways)
    eth Gladiator's Bane
    eth Vampire Gaze

I let my merc encounter Mephisto in melee, so maybe that and the DF is where I saved time, plus a relatively safe merc, who saved me some vendor trips with his Meditation aura and the fact that I only picked up EUs.

Oh, what else saves a few seconds is playing the game in windowed mode without sound and having GoMule in another window, so that you can quickly Alt-Tab out of the game once your stash is full.

Note that the 130+ were only if everything went alright (no more than one merc death e.g.), but 110+ was easily doable.

Oh, another thing: you know about the spot on the right side of the portal? When you land there with one of your teleports, the bridge to the portal will already rise, saving you another second.

3. helvete

Very nice! having restarted little over a week ago, I'm nowhere near DF (never had one, actually) and my ton of mfscs are ofc in my 1.12 zip file in several safe places;)

I don't have gaze yet, else I might try your setup. Seeing as you only picked up girls (That's what they call EUs here, right?) you probably saved a LOT of time, since I am convinced that I'll miss a 450%ED 40ias 2soc eth self-repair weapon if I do not at least check if they're eth or not ;)

4. tavaritz

tavaritz Banned

I always teleportted on the portal on my way in so that the bridge raises when going in and is ready to get out. It really saves a second or two.

5. helvete

Yeah, but if I do that, I have to be very careful to tele straight right, then up to the chest to the right of meph, so I get him stuck without him having to go all the way to the moat...

6. Greebo

Greebo Diabloii.Net Member

From my experience, there's no need to do the moat trick. With PDR on the moron (shaftstop/glad bane + vamp gaze) he does just fine. Especially at level 93.

I'm not running Meph anymore, but I did 12k runs. I used to teleport 1/3-1/4 screen away from him. Meph and moron would walk towards each other and clash. In that time I'd start a blizzard and start on static, repeat a blizzard, static until 1/2 life, blizzard, ice bolt till death. It took me 4.5-6 seconds to kill him at /p1. Also, /p3 does not give enough advantage to waste 5-6 seconds per run, iirc. At least that's how I remember it.

I just run him once to remember, and got a java skiller out of it. OK.
    --Greebo