Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

+1 skill mods in runewords

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by CheckMyPecs, May 16, 2005.

1. CheckMyPecs

CheckMyPecs IncGamers Member

+1 skill mods in runewords

This is something I've been wondering for some time. How do those +1 skill mods work? Like in enigma, for instance. It's got +1 Teleport, but does that mean you have the equivalent of unlimited level 1 sorc teleport ability? Or does it drain the same amount of mana?

The closest thing I've come to tele was an ammy with ridiculous recharge costs, and I want to know when to expect when I finally get that enigma...someday!

2. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

It's basically the equivalent of having teleport as one of your natural skills. So it takes the same mana as it would for a sorc.

3. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

The good thing is, that by the time you can wear an enigma (level 65 iirc), the mana used for a single tele, is not very much. It will still drain the same amount, but as a percentage of your entire mana pool, it is very little and quickly recharged.

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Not always though. for a barb, or some other not-even-close-to-caster char, which also has none, or low +skills equip, the mana cost can be very painful.
    The only saver in this case is that non-casters tend to have low fcr, so it wont go away that quick timewise.
    The common way is to teleport a few times, hit something to leech mana, then repeat