+1 skill mods in runewords

CheckMyPecs

Diabloii.Net Member
+1 skill mods in runewords

This is something I've been wondering for some time. How do those +1 skill mods work? Like in enigma, for instance. It's got +1 Teleport, but does that mean you have the equivalent of unlimited level 1 sorc teleport ability? Or does it drain the same amount of mana?

The closest thing I've come to tele was an ammy with ridiculous recharge costs, and I want to know when to expect when I finally get that enigma...someday!

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member
It's basically the equivalent of having teleport as one of your natural skills. So it takes the same mana as it would for a sorc.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
The good thing is, that by the time you can wear an enigma (level 65 iirc), the mana used for a single tele, is not very much. It will still drain the same amount, but as a percentage of your entire mana pool, it is very little and quickly recharged.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Dacar92 said:
The good thing is, that by the time you can wear an enigma (level 65 iirc), the mana used for a single tele, is not very much. It will still drain the same amount, but as a percentage of your entire mana pool, it is very little and quickly recharged.
Not always though. for a barb, or some other not-even-close-to-caster char, which also has none, or low +skills equip, the mana cost can be very painful.
The only saver in this case is that non-casters tend to have low fcr, so it wont go away that quick timewise.
The common way is to teleport a few times, hit something to leech mana, then repeat