Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1 Hit Killer??

Discussion in 'PvP' started by SuLyMaN, Nov 9, 2006.

1. SuLyMaN

SuLyMaN Banned

1 Hit Killer??

Is it possible to make a maxed out synergized Charger with the following equipment for a ONE HIT kill....

Grief PB/BA
    Fort
    Dracs
    gores
    Zaka (sock with max dmg / % ED DMG jewel ) not 40 +15
    COA/guillaumes (sock with max dmg / % ED DMG jewel )

+ar/ max damage charms?

Aura: Fanatism
    Skill: Fully Synergised Charge

Wont it be a one hit kill for those hit and town run sorcs?

2. Generator

Generator Diabloii.Net Member

hmm for the shield I would go with phoenix (350-400ed) if you really just want max %ed. I don't know about 1 hit KO ALL the time but I can 1hit ko alot of sorcs with my smiter who only has 1 hard point in charge and smiter gear.

3. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj Diabloii.Net Member

A 2 handed weapon increases your chance of a 1 hit kill on more sturdy opponents, namely ES sorcs, high-def, max DR% and high-life characters. Deadly Strike makes a big difference too, you'll want to do double your damage on every occasion you can.

Consider also that all Pallys and many other characters will have 75% block. That's 3/4 of your attacks that'll miss, more if you consider defense, 'zon's Dodge etc.

You'd actually want to go with a Grief Ettin Axe, since IAS and weapon range isn't an issue, thus you'll want as high a damage as you can muster with a 1 hander.

I hope that gives you some ideas.

4. DjSlayer

DjSlayer Diabloii.Net Member

Range matters for charge so BA is the better option.

- D.J.

5. order

order Diabloii.Net Member

if your doing this for purely charge an ebotd zerk may be a better option. the +30 attributes will help nicely as well.

6. Thoridian

Thoridian Diabloii.Net Member

One of the best if not the best smiter on europe (Goldwrap) was pking my hammer in 1-2 hits with 2hander. Thats 4.5k life in 1 hit lmfao. He used range 5 botd and he was just charging in my hammers >.> Thats why if id make a charger i would put go for grief/shield AND 2 hander. That means a lil bit more str...

7. PFS

PFS Diabloii.Net Member

It's not GODLY but if you roll the wrong number of sockets in a polearm and get 5 in an nice ETH polearm you could also make an obedience charger.

Runes are cheap enough that you don't really have to worry about when it breaks.

8. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Go for an ebotd tmaul! Switch gores for steelrend!

9. psych

psych Diabloii.Net Member

Do you mean switch dracs for steelrends?

10. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Somehow that made sense, yes.
    My apologies! :girly:

11. De4dEyE

De4dEyE Diabloii.Net Member

Eth Death Col. Sword. :]

12. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

I would love an EBotD TM charger...only thing is, without a shield you're gonna get eaten by Bowas...eaten...yummy Paladin...yummy...:hide:

Also, you might want to think about a Zerker barb. With a really high damage weapon, they can probably match, if not exceed any charge damage, and it'd be pure Magic so you'd cut through most of the DR% and stuff. Only problem is the whole...not...well...charging....

:smug:

13. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

A decent Zerker will have way better damage than a Charger. Heck, 7k of Zerk damage is equal to 14k Charge damage. And 12k of Zerk damage is equal to 24k of Charge damage.

But Zerk is at disadvantage: It's not a moving attack and it can be interrupted.

14. Romper Stomper

Romper Stomper Banned

Do not use EBOTD for 2 handed charge. Use Eth Death Col Sword, it has a higher avg damage when you take the added DS into account, in fact you can easily hit 100% DS with Death, making 1 hits far more likely. My charger does a MINIMUM of 24k with Eth Death CS. This will one hit anything with 0DR and up to 4k life. Max damage is something like 38k.

If you really want to 1 hit anything whenever you get past block/def, get a nec to amp and just use grief.

15. primerib

primerib Diabloii.Net Member

I prefer warpikes for their insane range.

16. Bladewind

Bladewind Diabloii.Net Member

Thundermaul ! Nothing beats a huge hammer smashing your head in. Seriously, if you are looking for style points, try the Archon Staff. The range is small but the damage is extremely high and consistent for such low reqs.

17. Rabbitz

Rabbitz Diabloii.Net Member

That sounds nice :D

But what happens when you miss the initial attack, do you have a backup or something?

Just interested because those figures seem perfect for pub play :)

18. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Charge the other way...fast...get as far away as quickly as possible. Getting wailing on with no shield hurts...a lot...

The problem with these types of builds is simple, really. They have a hard time versus classes which have a relatively high chance to negate an attack entirely (i.e. Amazons, people with Block). Since you do such high damage, classes which only reduce damage instead of nullifying it tend to be pretty simple. You do enough damage to hurt them anways. Nullifying an attack, however, works the same whether you do 10 damage or 10k damage.

Likewise, those Amazons and people with block, if they're hitting you the whole time (think Bowazons), you're gonna be in serious pain. A charger with a 2H weapon will have no block and will be pretty easy prey for a Bowazon. I worked out a charger build a while ago...I personally believe that a ED%/AR Sac Targe Phoenix with a Grief Zerk would be the best choice. If you miss the charge, switch to Smite real fast and put the hurt on 'em. You can kill other Smiters and stuff with Charge, and kill the stuff which has the chance to block/dodge with Smite...

19. primerib

primerib Diabloii.Net Member

You could always carry alternate setups in stash, such as a grief//shield. Also, the switch doesn't necessarily have to be a cta. You could buff it before hand, or go without bo all together. You could wear a shield setup on switch or a widowmaker to force people to go on the offensive, leaving openings.