Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.14 – 6 of 7: Matriarch Earwing_O – Pure Trapper

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TheNix, Jul 11, 2018.

1. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Matriarch Earwig_O, the Trapper

Level: 84

St – 77 (84)
    Dx – 55 (57)
    Vt – 358 (360)
    En – 25 (29)

HP 1464
    Mana 556

Damage:

L. Sentry: 1 – 6222
    Fire Blast: 3122 – 3698
    D. Sentry: 1 – 25790 + CE

Resists: (after Fade)

Fire: 75
    Cold: 75
    Ltning: 75
    Poison: 75

Skills:

Fire Blast: 20 (35)
    Shock Web: 20 (35)
    L. Sentry: 20 (35)
    D. Sentry: 20 (35)
    CB Sentry: 11 (26)
    Fade: 1 (15 – after switch)
    Weapon Block: 1 (9 – 49% Block)

BoS & C. Mastery 1 (9)

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

2 x Cunning Blade Talons – socketed with resists jewels

Weapon 2:

2 x Shadow Scissors Katar

“Um” Harlequin Crest

“Treachery” Dusk Shroud

Frostburn

Silkweave

Arachnids Mesh

Highlord’s Wrath

2 x SoJ

Merc (Act 2 - Might)

Rockstopper

“Duress” Scarab Husk

“Insight” Cryptic Axe

Random musings:

Admittedly I did have good gear, but even given that, this build was a piece of piss. No deaths, few scares and absolutely no problems; in other words a typical trapper build! I put a 1.07MPK ring on as soon as I could equip it (level 3) and I never physically hit a monster from then on. The combination of Fire Blast and Shock Web was a killer early on, giving me enough time to beef up Lightning Sentry and then all bets were off. Once I maxed out LS and DS, I then went for FB – after that I pretty much settled into the routine of dropping a few DS and pummelling everything with FB. Funnily enough it was not the Lightning Immune that were the problem but the Fire Immune, but only marginally so. The LI died fast enough with the FB and the CE of DS did the rest of the work. For FI I had to change to LS and Shock Web. FI/LI monsters were a little more of a problem, but not a lot. Bosses and even the Ancients here no match for my LI, although one of the Ancients spawned with FI/LI but the other two fell quickly and my merc dealt with him efficiently enough. I love the LS/DS traps; cast them in an arc, if they don’t go off there are no monsters nearby, if they do, you know the direction/s they are coming from. I decided to go for the increases mana of Frostburn and Silkweave, not to mention the two SoJs, but mana was rarely an issue with the “Insight” merc; overkill really. I decided that the 49% block was enough and I never regretted it. I hit the maximum trap laying speed easily enough so BoS was never an issue.

So, one more and I’ve completed my eighth patch sept. Grief Zealer, here I come, but after I find a few low level items to get him started!!

2. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Nice job, especially on being deathless! Good luck on the Paladin, Grief is awesome. :)

3. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Congrats, well done :). Good gear, but no Infinity though? A deliberate choice?

4. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Necessity really, I don't have the runes; but Insight allows me to drop traps like a mad man, I happy enough with that.