Skills:

Guided Arrow: 20 (24)
Valkyrie: 20 (28 – after switch)
Penetrate: 18 (23)
Multi-shot: 10 (14)
Strafe: 10 (14)
Critical Strike: 6 (11)
Magic Arrow: 4 (8)

Inner Sight, Slow Missile, Decoy, D/A/E 1 (6)
Cold Arrow 1 (5)

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

“Shael” Buriza-Do Kyanon

Weapon 2:

“Spirit” Crystal Sword
Lidless Wall

Kira's Guardian
“Um” Skin of the Vipermagi
Rare Vampire bone Gloves with +2 P&M, 20% IAS, Life steal
Gore Rider
Credendum
Rare Ammy with +1 skills, resists, replenish life
Manald Heal & SoJ

Bow skiller
Heaps of AR, Damage and Life charms

Merc (Act 2 - Might)

Rockstopper
“Duress” Scarab Husk
Eth Reaper’s Toll

Random musings:

Even from the beginning this build was never really in any trouble. I started with using MA and/or MS with a 5x Jewel of Envy Long Bow and that got be off to a flyer. It took me all the way to Kuko Shakaku at level 33, then Witchy through to the Bura. I decided to go with the Might Merc for the extra damage and pumped up Penetrate for the AR, a shipload of AR charms also helped. I decided pretty early that 10 levels of MS was enough, and I came to the same conclusion with Strafe. I use MS and Strafe as crowd control (usually Strafe indoors and MS outdoors) and GA as a boss killer. I was tossing up whether to beef up Magic Arrow, at least until it no longer cost any mana, but I went foe the AR of Penetrate instead, but that doesn’t mean I didn’t use MA; it often had to be used in Hell. The only real problem I had was with the Hell Ancients. The Thrower, and to a lesser extent the Leaper, just would not leave me alone. I took about a half a dozen attempts to get past them and Strafe was my worst enemy! It took the merc to finally target the thrower first while I pummelled him with GA that took him down; after that it was a piece of cake. Hell Baal, was not much of a problem after that, but I have never seen as many active tentacles in my life. On the plus side, a random monster in the Frozen Tundra dropped me this:

Screenshot014.jpg

and that was a real bonus.

Now for my final two characters for 1.14, assassin and paladin, and I still don’t know what I want to do with them!!!!!

Last edited:

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats !! Well done. I think. Although I must have played that version, I don't think I know much about 1.09.

logoutzero

Diabloii.Net Member
Very cool! Stylish without Lightning Fury as well!

As for the Paladin, perhaps another "classic" redux? Mayhap Conversion and Thorns, see if you can win?

TheNix

Diabloii.Net Member
As for the Paladin, perhaps another "classic" redux? Mayhap Conversion and Thorns, see if you can win?
I had a Thornadin in 1.09, but I don't think I'll revisit that one.

Congrats !! Well done. I think. Although I must have played that version, I don't think I know much about 1.09.
There was a bug in 1.09 with the 100% pierce of the Bura and the Guided Arrow; it would pass through your target and come back and hit it again, several times. You could have a boss surrounded by bolt that just kept hitting it!

@Kitteh , a Grief might be on the cards!!! A Grief Zealer perhaps, but a Grief assassin, don't sure about that.