Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.13d patch won't update 1.12 Diablo 2 + LOD

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Jagger2010, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Jagger2010

Jagger2010 IncGamers Member

I have been playing Diablo 2 with the 1.13d patch but without LOD and it worked great. Fast loading and looked great. I have windows 7Pro.

Today, I bought the battlechest with Diablo 2 and LOD. Deleted my original Diablo 2 and reloaded everything up with the new disks. Once done, it took forever to load the game for play. Then the graphics were messed up until I clicked the game. Then it was OK but still the graphics weren't quite right. Lots of pinpoints of color and other not quite right coloring. But it worked. Then I noticed the version was 1.12. I thought loading the 1.13d patch might take care of the graphics problems and slow loading. But when I tried the 1.13d patch, I get a message stating the battlechest version 1.12 is a later version of the game than the 1.13d patch and it refuses to execute the 1.13d patch.

I had no problems with just Diablo 2 and patch 1.13d. I didn't have to do anything special to make the game run great. But now with LOD all sorts of problems.

I have done some seaching and haven't found anything quite like my problem. Anybody else have this problem and any ideas on how to fix??????

2. Jagger2010

Jagger2010 IncGamers Member

Found the solution.

It turns out there are two 1.13d patches. I was using the 1.13d patch for Diablo 2. There is a second 1.13d patch for Lords of Destruction. When I used the correct patch for LOD, the game ran perfectly.