Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.13 LK Chest patterns and locked chest patterns

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Treeharl, May 29, 2016.

1. Treeharl

Treeharl IncGamers Member

After concluding all poppables other than chests seem to be fully randomized without patterns it is time to make a specific tread about chests and locked chests. We have recently discovered that regular chests and locked chests behave nearly exactly the same as the well known super chests. That means there are 65536 patterns from wich some contain decent runes. These drops are related to the superchestdrops but simpely contain less drops. Chests are fixed to a 4 drop cap. Locked chests are fixed to a 8 drop cap. This treads purpose is containing information and a table about the chest drops that can occur on lower kurast. Bear in mind that all patterns found in chests can also occur in locked chests but the opposite doesn't be need to true!

2. Treeharl

Code:
    Rune       Source     Item 1     Item 2     Item 3     Item 4     Item 5     Item 6     Finder

Players 7/8

Pul #1L     Chest(lk)  GC        War Scep    C Bow(LQ)  Super Heal  Great Heal             Treeharl
    Pul #2      Chest       CV(Cr)    Super Heal

Mal #1L     Chest(lk)  Gold x 3   Mesh Belt (CR)        Sac Rondache (Cr)                Treeharl

Gul #1L     Chest(lk)  Amulet (M) Defender (Broken?)    Gold x 3   Long Bow (Broken?)    zticazzy

Vex #1    Chest     Chaos Armor (Cr)    Gold x 2                                         zticazzy, Treeharl
    Vex #1L   Chest     Chaos Armor (Cr)    Gold x 3   Bolts                                   BKRO

Ohm #1L    Chest(lk)  Antidote   Gold x 3   Mithril Point (D)      Ral                  PandadueSP, zticazzy

Sur  #1L   Chest(lk)  D Armor(CR) Gold x3   Arrows      Bolts Sta Pot             Treeharl     

Ber #1     Chest    Gold x 1   Great Heal Saber (LQ)                                             ??,  Gripphon

Patterns with a L have only a confirmed locked variant!

Edit: After reading the previous tread it seems BRKO found a Lo from a chest. I really hope he has a screenshot from that pattern so we can confirm its existence!

Edit2: After doing 3 runs I can add a locked chest Pul to the table!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  3. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

there is a locked variant of the Vex in the poppable thread, so that Vex is a confirmed unlocked pattern

4. Treeharl

Hi Brak, that is indeed true but all regular chests patterns have a locked match pattern with some other items. What do you think, should we list both the locked and the regular pattern or if a regular pattern exists only the regular one?

5. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

I think there should be bolts with it

Well the fact that you have both indicates it can drop from an unlocked chest. Aside from the Ber pattern, I think it is unlikely that the other patterns will also exist for unlcoked and locked chests, so their relevance is rather drastically reduced

6. Treeharl

Thanks, corrected my mistake and added the bolts. Your right it reduces their relevance indeed. From now on we should put both patterns in the table indeed. I still think though that from all locked chest patterns 60% caries over to regular chests. That is ofcourse a personal assumption. Hopefully we get more people intrested in running regular chests from this point!

7. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

i'd rate it much lower given a lack of evidence for non-locked chests in the cumulative screenies

8. Treeharl

I think we could expect atleast one sur pattern from regular chests and prehaps an ist or gul, making these chests as viable as 1.10 players 8 superchests! Maybe locked chests gets 2 Sur patterns and an aditional vex making these chests 3 times as viable as 1.10 player 8 superchests (wishfull thinking is involved but I believe this is the case!)

9. Treeharl

***And I guess the hype is on now*** (Edit added regular pul screeny)

Locked chest, new Sur pattern and the first Sur pattern! Screenshot040.jpg
    Screenshot042.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Brak and T72on1 like this.
  10. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

Shame the Sur was locked

11. Treeharl

There is still a ~40% chance that pattern carries over to regular chests. Still regular chests have nearly the same odds of dropping a hr as on superchests in 1.10 and locked chests have nearly a trippled chance. I still believe there is a nonlocked Sur variant available. If I make estimates there would be ~15-20 locked patterns of pul+ and 7-8 on regular chests!

12. d2ayyy

d2ayyy IncGamers Member

Can anyone explain what this thread is about? I'm genuinely confused what these 'patterns' and 'locked chests' mean. Just started single player about a month ago and managed to find a vex, ohm, mal so far.

13. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

"Locked Chests" are the ones which don't open if you don't have a key in your inventory (or play as Assassin).

"Patterns" refer to the fact that there are only around 65 000 possible drops for a chest on a given players setting in a given act on a given difficulty. So if you were to always play on /players7 and only in hell act 3, then screenshot every chest you popped, you'd max out at 65 000 (ish) screenshots. Locked chests have a little more patterns than non-locked ones.

Now, if you have all 65 000 screenshots, and 3 of them are of BER runes, but with different items such as:
    A - Ber rune, gold pile, cracked sash
    B - Ber rune, Long Bow, Ring
    C - Ber Rune, Healing Potion, Flawed Skull

Then you know that you have a 3/65000 chance of getting a BER whenever you pop a chest. Again, for locked chests, there are a few more drops possible, but those three BER runes would be part of those drops regardless. You could potentially get another BER which only pops out of locked chests, pattern D:
    Stamina potion, Ort rune, Healing Potion, Breast Plate, Claymore, BER rune, Gold pile (as locked chests drop like if they were two chests).

pharphis likes this.
  14. d2ayyy

d2ayyy IncGamers Member

I see. How does this relate to rune drops? I understand that LK chests have the best chance to drop high runes but I'm not sure how to connect these two info. If I found a Sur in a locked chest in hell a3, does that mean I should keep popping the same chest in hopes of finding another Sur?

15. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

If it was a superchest (the ones in the huts by the campfire) then you found one out of like 11 possible sur runes from those chests. Long story short: Yes, if you want another sur (or other high runes for that matter), keep popping those chests.