Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.11 Runewords?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Albrino, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Albrino

Albrino IncGamers Member

1.11 Runewords?

Does anyone use any of these? Looking through, and they don't seem to be worth the runes.

2. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Treacery is actually pretty good. Fade is very useful, as is the %ias.
    Bone is sometimes fun to put on a Merc, just to see Bone Spears fly everwhere.

Other than that...mostly useless...

3. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

The Amazon one is kinda fun to play around with. :(

4. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Necro one could be good on a bone necro, too. 30% resist all and 2 skills is nice, plus the bone armor it casts would be synergized by your hard points in bone wall/prison. Get hit, lose some bone armor, and have a %chance to get the bone armor back automatically without recasting it? :thumbsup: Sounds good to me!

5. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

The only one I ever used was Treachery. I suppose the paladin one can be put to use on NL where the Gul rune is worthless and if you want to see some Holy Bolt fireworks.

6. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I've heard of melee necro builds utilising Bone for the CTC Bone Spear and Armor, along with either Bonehew or Oath for their respective CTC Bone skills.

Myth would make for a nice low-mid level Singer Barb armour, being useable at level 25.

7. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Oh yah, there's a really weird build, kinda less popular (kinda = way) than others. It's called something like a "Pimpsin". The premise is to have as many buddies around as possible. You cast a Shadow Master, use the Zon armor to get yourself a Valk, and, before 1.11B ruled it out, put the Valk armor on your Merc too, for a total of 2 valks, 2 Assassins, 1 Merc. That'd be a small party all by your lonesome. Now, of course, it's kinda moot since Mercs don't have a chance to proc Summons anymore...it used to crash the game...

8. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

My mercenaries often use Treachery in high def armors. For example, I have a Treachery eBugged Sacred Armor 1336 Def on my Summoner, and a Treachery eBugged Sacred Armor 1305 Def on another char. The high speed works very well against bosses (Baal, etc...) with a weapon offering %CB like Infinity or Obedience.

I'm also using a Treachery Superior Wire Fleece on my ÃœberKiller Paladin.
    This armor is pretty awesome : FHR, ultra-high speed, high prismatic resistances and %DR reduction thanks to fade, what else could you ask for those cheap Shael/Thul/Lem runes ? It helps me reaching the last IAS breakpoint for both Zeal and Smite, with an eDeath Berserker Axe :thumbsup:.

However, the other 1.11 runewords aren't that great. Treachery is the only one that really shines in my eyes :laugh:.

9. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

Treachery (the assassin one) is a good Merc one - as has already been stated.

I gives a very nice IAS and helps a lot with Curse length reduction - particulary with IM, your merc is cursed for just a couple of seconds. Gives nice resists to your merc. Does the DR from Fade also help the merc?

Give an Act 2 merc a Treachery Armor and Obedience in a fast polearm and you have a merc with:
    Great Resists (+60% All)
    Great Damage.
    Fast Attack.
    40% Crushing Blow. (with Jab this shreads bosses)
    300 Poison Damage/hit from Level 15 Venom. (helps with monster heal too).
    200% AR bonus from Level 21 Enchant (+ 100 Fire damage)
    Curse Length Reduction 79%
    15% DR?

It is also a nice one to use to prebuff an Uber Killers Resists.

Peace is nice too for leveling a Bowazon.

It gives you a level 15 Valk before you can even get a valk legitmately by skills. Meaning you can pump other skills through the early levels and fill out valk later on. You will also be constantly be casting valk - so you rarely need to worry about it dying. I think it also spawns where the arrow strikes - so you will not end up with too many situations where you have the valk on the other side of the screen - it will always be in the thick of the monsters you want it to tank. 'course it's not going to be an end game piece of equipment.

10. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Why not. If you are broke, that might very well be the best armor.:tongue:

11. PFS

PFS IncGamers Member

You gotta be pretty poor for that to be the case!

Seriously - scrape together some PGs and make a treachery for yourself and you'll have a MUCH better armor.

Aside from the Venom and IAS and Fade you'll enjoy (which gives awsome style poins) the Peace runeword has a major failing in late game - if you use a valk you'll want level 17 - and Peace will cast Level 15, constantly overwriting your valk. OTOH if you are happy for your valk to be only level 15 it is not such a bad thing... But Treachery would be a better late game armor (for the poor).