1.10 set itmes vs 1.09??

Artimus20

Diabloii.Net Member
1.10 set itmes vs 1.09??

How can you tell 1.10 set itmes vs 1.09 when your trading? Is this completely a trust thing? Because I've been screwed twice now. One very nice person actually let me put the piece on to find out it was 1.09 but most people won't do this. And, you don't always have the rest of the set. I'm frustrated here.

Thanks for listening...

Saidinhc

Spirit of Wars Guildmaster
Artimus20 said:
How can you tell 1.10 set itmes vs 1.09 when your trading? Is this completely a trust thing? Because I've been screwed twice now. One very nice person actually let me put the piece on to find out it was 1.09 but most people won't do this. And, you don't always have the rest of the set. I'm frustrated here.

Thanks for listening...
unless the item has actual changes to the stats (i can't think of any examples) you wont see the partial changes untill you put the set on. therefore its not possible to see them in the trade screen.. ie you wont know that the trangs parts will give you meteor and firewall (from the 1.10 changes) untill you equip them.

moi

Diabloii.Net Member
Saidinhc said:
unless the item has actual changes to the stats (i can't think of any examples) you wont see the partial changes untill you put the set on. therefore its not possible to see them in the trade screen.. ie you wont know that the trangs parts will give you meteor and firewall (from the 1.10 changes) untill you equip them.
the trang meteor and firewall bonusses are partial set, not partial item, and they work even on a 100% 1.09 trang's set. what he's talking about are the green partial set item bonuses. unfortunately, no way to tell unless you have other parts of the set to equip at the same time, then i think you should see the green bonusses on the trade screen.

Artimus20

Diabloii.Net Member
hmmm, i guess that really sucks. ya, ladder is sounding much more appealing.. how does it work anyway, resets after a certain time?

Saidinhc

Spirit of Wars Guildmaster
moi said:
the trang meteor and firewall bonusses are partial set, not partial item, and they work even on a 100% 1.09 trang's set. what he's talking about are the green partial set item bonuses. unfortunately, no way to tell unless you have other parts of the set to equip at the same time, then i think you should see the green bonusses on the trade screen.
I stand corrected :) I forgot that that for that particular example those were partials and not green partials.. (i was implying the green ones though, I should have used a different set).

noogabooga

Diabloii.Net Member
one effective method is to trade for unids only... they will most likely be 1.10 (wont be many sellers who have kept 1.09 unid sets)

Soepgroente

Diabloii.Net Member
Lotsa elite set items have gotten changes. Gris' weapon, loads of sockets into most sets etc.

Ladder won't be reset anytime soon i think. Maybe they're waiting till there's a lvl 99 on classic. If so it'll be really long. Otherwise they'll wait for a few hundred expansion lvl 99's. That'll still be really long too.