Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.10 PvP werebear

Discussion in 'Druid' started by F1R3STR1D3R, Mar 21, 2004.

1. F1R3STR1D3R

F1R3STR1D3R IncGamers Member

1.10 PvP werebear

I'm making a mauler bear druid. I have some experience with them in 1.09, but things have changed in 1.10, and now AR and Def are needed much more. Someone please comment who has played 1.10 Maulers. I'm going to duel mostly wolfbarbs, concbarbs, zealots, javazons, furywolfs, and other maulers. So this build is for PvP melee.

This is the gear/skills/stats I plan to put on:

Gear:

Eth Zod'ed Valor
    120/4 Cerebus with 40/9str
    2x 100/15ias 4x shael phase blade
    Angelic Ring
    Angelic Amulet
    250/20 Raven
    Upgraded Wartravs OR Upgraded 65life Walks
    OR Ethereal Sandstorm Treks?
    Bloodfists OR Steelrends?
    40/15 Verdungos

For prebuff:

Demon Limb
    Jalals
    Mang Songs
    BK rings
    Maras
    Call to Arms
    Lidless

Charms:
    1/20/20/10 Annihilus
    3max/20ar/20life OR 36ar/20life?
    14max/76ar OR 10max/76ar/40life?

Skills:
    Werebear
    Maul
    Lycanthrophy
    Oak OR HoW?
    *Hunger OR Fireclaws?

*Does Hunger leech life and mana like Life tap or just as normal leech such as on Vampire Gaze in PvP?

Thx.

2. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

2x 100/15ias 4x shael phase blade

hrm?

u mean 2x 40/15ias ?

3. shaf

shaf IncGamers Member

Hey,

I also played with Maulers a fair bit in .09, but not really in the new patch so I can't help you out too much. I would say that one point in hunger is enough. I believe it works just like the mana leach from a vamp gaze. Your resists and damage seem like they're going to be pretty low, but I guess you're aiming for high defense and high AR so it might work out

One question that I have is that I just recently found an etheral crystal sword. Is it possible to upgrade this to a phase blade so it would be etheral and indistrucable, or would it just upgrade and turn into a regular phase. If it is possible then I would think that this would be the best weapon for a Maul bear

4. F1R3STR1D3R

I meant 100ar/15ias

5. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

oh my mistake, i apologize.

6. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

For Equip I would change Eth Zod Valor to Stone or Eth Stone, or use CoH. Change the Phase to ED/IAS, you will have enough AR from Charms/Angelic set. You could change to another Angelic Ring and use Trangs Belt and Ber the Helm or use Crown of Ages. Use Travs and Steelrends.

Prebuff is up to you depending on what all you want to use.

Skills WB Lyc HoW Maul FC 1/1 Hunger/Shockwave. Hunger works like Leech, but still has it's uses especially against Summons that have no damage penalties.

Use the Anny and Max/AR/Life or Max/AR/RW depending on the duel. Don't neglect Max Dmg a lot, you can still get the Dmg up and have over 20k AR Maul easily with Angelic.

Eth Crystal can only be upgrade as a rare, but rares don't reach 4 or 5 frames for a Bear.

7. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

And Phases are inherently indestructible, and can't be ethereal...

8. shaf

shaf IncGamers Member

I'd heard of rare etheral phases so I just thought that maybe the normal ones could be upgraded as well. That's too bad

9. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

you can get rares with 4 frames.. swiftness/quickness suffixes and xx, mecahnics prefixes, 2 shaels eth dimenshional then up it

10. F1R3STR1D3R

That would still be 6 frames for maul

11. Sim.The.GoSu

how? 30+40 = 70

70+20+20 = 110

110 on pb is 4 frames for bear

12. VictusMetuo

You can only get 1 of each on a rare sim, not quick and swift. Yes if you upgrade rare Dimensional or Crystal, they stay Ethreal even as a Phase. And it still stays indestructible as a Phase. Seen one, but regardless, it won't even hit 5-Frames because it's 5% short. If the cubing posibilities were still there that there were in Beta, yes you could get some Godly cubed Phases if you had extremely good luck. But then it would become E-Bay-Bears on the realm in about 5 seconds. Then again they'd be too stupid to construct the rest or socket it correctly more than likely. GOGO PUB STUPIDITY.

13. Sim.The.GoSu

oh, i fogot they removed 2 speed suffixes in bnet version. dang, that would be sick..

14. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

With changes in 1.10 these rares are possible, refer to electricblues guide.

Here is a link to a rare he has on his site.

http://www.geocities.com/welett/rpb.jpg

It was a etheral dimensional blade upgraded to phase.

6 frame maul, 4 frame fury.... drool :worship:

15. F1R3STR1D3R

I'm guessing stone is for the molten boulder charges to fireclaws...that seems like a good idea, plus it had 60%fhr, 16str, 16vita. But why ETH stone it's just gunna break..? 200 AR on gears adds like 1000 AR in the end, and I forgot ed on weapons is calculated differently from on other gear, so I'll go with ed/ias jewels.

I'm going oak for an almost 3K boost at the end over like 5k AR and 500 damage. With 2 angelics in this setup I will have ~25K AR, with only one 18K AR. I will gain 385 life and 6K AR with the angelics and trangs belt, and lose 7%DR, 10%fhr, 92 max damage.

And I forgot I'm using Stormshield should I 40/9str or shael it?

These are going to be my stats:
    146 Strength
    187 Dexterity
    232 Vitality

16. VictusMetuo

Eth Stone will give you 3k base defense on the armor if you use an Archon, the runes are cheap [um/pul the only mid ones, that arent incredibly expensive] and durability doesn't drop incredibly fast. Basically it's an extra 1k base defense which is about 5+ in the end after Prebuffed WB.

Not sure about the exact numbers for Spirit/Spirit, I just prefer to have plenty of AR especially with massive defense builds now. I'm going to try a Non-Spirit based build soon to focus more on dual damage/life/defense and then work around with ar setups with that, since that's the main thing I would lose. Spirits wander and die fast, especially if you team duel.

Shael it.

17. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

Spirits are annoying.

Sounds interesting Victus. Like to know what you are thinking.

Dual damage physical and fire? How much ar you think is possible.

18. VictusMetuo

If I change out to Angelic setup with 1 Raven, I could pull probably 13k Maul on the Realms, which I'm using some basic Shapes. We came up with a pretty good rush, so now I'm not bothered about it so much for messing up builds after the first one. These are my East projects, West I'm probably going to try a BoTD Bear.

Yeah Physical and Fire. I forgot sometimes to recast my Spirit at the start of some duels, and teams it's not like there's a lot of time to sit there and cast it again.

19. Zero-unit

Zero-unit IncGamers Member

Hm i agree on the idea of Defense but i think attack is much more valued for me. And since Werebears have such slow Recovery and Blocking some of the BP arent worht having. So ide suggest a Cham'd Stomshield, x2 Angelic rings/With Amulet, Goreriders as boots for Deadly/Crushing/Open, lastly Bloodfist to make up for remainder Hit Recovery and Life. Having that said your Bear equipment should do just fine.

[email protected]~

20. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Just a comment on the valor, imo enig +str outweighs the vit, since you can use a lot less str, which allows for more vita in the end imo.