Required Level: 50
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xfbf99681
+20 to Strength
+11 to Life
+3 to Mana
Lightning Resist +25%
+42 to Defense (Based on Character Level)

Boots: Skull Nails
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 15
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Strength: 50
Required Level: 18
Item Level: 59
Fingerprint: 0xc81d274d
+32% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +32%
Cold Resist +16%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
20% Faster Run/Walk
10% Faster Hit Recovery

On Switch 
Viridian Grim Wand of Life Tap
One-Hand Damage: 5 to 11
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Level: 26
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0x17240a8d
Poison Resist +12%
150% Damage to Undead
Level 5 Life Tap (96/97 Charges)

Gerke's Sanctuary 29 ResAll

In Stash
Nature's Peace for Act 2 Tombs
Wisp Projector 20 Sorb/ 11 MF for Gloams and Souls

Charms
Sapphire Small Charm Cold Resist +10%
Amber Small Charm Lightning Resist +11%
Fine Small Charm of Sustenance +13 to Life +18 to Attack Rating +1 to Maximum Damage
Ocher Small Charm of Vita +16 to Life Lightning Resist +6%
Ocher Small Charm of Vita +17 to Life Lightning Resist +6%
Amber Small Charm Lightning Resist +11%
Cobalt Small Charm Cold Resist +9%
Fine Small Charm of Strength +1 to Strength +15 to Attack Rating +2 to Maximum Damage
Fine Small Charm of Blight +14 to Attack Rating +3 to Maximum Damage +6 poison damage over 3 seconds
Coral Small Charm of the Glacier Lightning Resist +9% Adds 3-5 cold damage over 1 seconds
Stalwart Small Charm of Vita +16 to Life +25 Defense
Jade Small Charm of Sustenance +14 to Life Poison Resist +9%
Sapphire Small Charm of Strength +1 to Strength Cold Resist +10%
Shimmering Small Charm of Good Luck All Resistances +3 7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Emerald Small Charm of Vita +16 to Life Poison Resist +11%
Sapphire Small Charm Cold Resist +10%
Shimmering Small Charm All Resistances +4
Stalwart Small Charm of Balance  +26 Defense 5% Faster Hit Recovery
Cobalt Small Charm of Balance Cold Resist +8% 5% Faster Hit Recovery
Emerald Small Charm of Dexterity +2 to Dexterity Poison Resist +10%
Amber Small Charm of Life +10 to Life Lightning Resist +11%
Shimmering Small Charm All Resistances +3
Shimmering Grand Charm All Resistances +14
Steel Grand Charm of Life +18 to Life +114 to Attack Rating
Steel Grand Charm of Inertia +124 to Attack Rating 7% Faster Run/Walk

Merc Might NM A2 Off 

Shaftstop
Rockstopper FR38%, LR 26%, CR 35% 
The Reaper's Toll +205% ED, 13% Life Steel
Teh Story
Hellforge : NM Ko / Hell Ist

Deaths : 6 - 2 were Corpsus Non Recoverous due 2 Stair traps in the Hell ToD lvl, Might, BA Extra Strong 'Taurs and Doom Knights from either side. Ugghh! 2 were FE related. A few NDEs caused by FE bug, mostly LE FE monsters

The Ancients : Died to the Ancients once but the next time around once I split them up using the Decrepify from The Reapers Toll used by the merc and charging around the Arreat Summit, I could slowly killed them after splitting them. Tough battle for a melee char in 1.10 as I rerolled FE and Aura Enchanted Ancients about 10 times.

Best Finds :

Apart from the Ist on the HellForge, nothing outstanding really comes to mind. Most of the quest drops from the Act Bosses were rubbish. I think he found some skillers along the way. But probably the Ko Rune in the NM RoF after the Ko Rune from the NM Hellforge.

He is a Frost Zealot with physical damage. Twinked, yes as usual. Most of the charms were taken from previous Mats/Pats retired as of now. He was my first melee 1.10 pat/mat. After the initial boredom of Normal I grow to enjoy his skills, the changing from zeal, smite and charge made for some interesting game play. He was twinked but I as a melee char I found him quite fragile in the latter Acts. Having said that HF, and Decrepify crippled most packs and he was a good tank. I played mainly on p3 in Hell, on p1 in the Chaos Santuary, Ancients and WSK - ToD. I enjoyed using Demon Limb as a Frost Zealot weapon as the Enchant charges help his AR and give some fire damage which combine nicely with the Fire Damage inherent on Demon Limb meaning no immune monsters from his attacks, even unbreakable CI, PIs. This suits my style as I am compelled to kill all monsters I encounter. Also I did not use mana leech to run zeal , I kept a row of blues if I got Mana burned, otherwise 184 mana was enough to run a 2 mana cost of zeal.

What next : for the Artieous -
Retirement and he has some socket quests and imbues available.

Playwise - After some MF and lvling my MF Fishy and now that I have some spare socket quests perhaps a twinked Zealot ala Schafferdin. I still need to find a Highlords Ammy to complete that build to my satisfaction. Also I have strafer gear ready to go. The Zealot would be more fun though.

IronCrown

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats on the pat. Nice sick damage with your enchant there!

Did you have a lot of trouble with merc survivability? atm I have a frost zealot in A2 hell, having the worst time clearing the tombs, and the merc is so fragile that sometimes I would just leave him dead, but usually with very bad consequences.

Nice job though. They are fun. I like playing them late at night on auto pilot. Maybe thats half my trouble in the tombs:)

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats on the Pat. I myself just patted a Frost Zealot earlier this week as well.

How did you find the speed of the demon limb, was it fast enough? Myself I used a Zakarum's Hand socketed with a Shael rune, attacking seemed to be in fast-forward.

IronCrown, what equipment/aura does your mercenary have?

TedDeeBoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the congrats.

Mursilas, Demon Limb wasn't the fastest attacking weapon. I didn't bother to check the zeal breakpoints prior however I just checked and he had a 6fpa zeal with the setup above and need another 45IAS to hit a 5 FPA according to the German Calculator. I figured most monsters would be crippled by HF and Decrepify so it plently fast enough to handle most situations. In some situations like fighting the Ancients or Frenzytaur Boss packs with Auras , then I would like a faster attack speed and bigger leech for increased survivability. Towards the end of A5 Hell the monsters are tough so scaling back the players setting was the only option. If I play a melee char again I would probably install the 1.11 patch just to tone down the FE problems. But overall Demon Limb was not a bad weapon, Enchant for AR and fire-damage, additional fire damage, life leech, and cruel damage. There are better out there, I didnt shael it as I wanted to save my socket quests for other purposes and if I drill a hole in a Demon Limb I would put a Hel in for other characters use. I had a Frost Cryptic Sword available for him however I preferred the versitility of 3 types of damage for questing

Ironcrown , the Tombs are a tough place for a melee char without a RIP Monster option like on Natures Peace even for a Frost Zealot , because cold immunes down there you rarely shatter their corpses shatter and they get resurrected. Sometime I found charge the Horadrim Ancients and zealing then 1st worked or if you are questing draw the monsters out of sight from the Hoaradim Ancients. You could try a terror shield on switch to allow you to kill them first then dispose of the rest of the monsters. Also with Reaper's Shaftstop and Rocketstopper, the Merc tanked well.

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
Well done! That's a nice shield there! And a nice collection of charms as well!

Frostalots have several options and I think the physical damage one is the best choice- good damage, might merc, and leech can get you a long way. I prefer some source of crushing blow on zealots, particularly for Hell which I would usually play on low player counts where crushing blow works the best.

Ironcrown , the Tombs are a tough place for a melee char without a RIP Monster option like on Natures Peace even for a Frost Zealot.
Mercs which rely on life leech to stay alive (and melee characters) can have a hard time when there are unleechable skeletons which keep getting resurrected. The life tap wand on switch is a good approach to that but still those tombs are annoying places for life leechers.

For troublesome resurecting monsters, instead of RIP, I prefer the cheaper Redemption approach for corpse disposal. If you put a scepter with Redemption on switch (shoppable easily), that saves the investment in prereqs to Redemption that most melee Paladin builds don't have.

TedDeeBoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks PurpleLocust. I don't have HoZ and play self-found, but after that shield dropped I figure there is no gear excuse for not giving a Paladin some playtime. It a poor brothers version of HoZ. For Crushing Blow I used G Face, as well as for STR and FHR. It seems to work OK.

Redemption is the way to go, I had forgotten about that option. I am still waiting to find a +3 Redemption, +3 Meditation weapon with can get 5 sockets . I will turn it into a nice "Honor" switch weapon or as you pointed out shop for a Priest's weapon with + Redemption.

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member
For Crushing Blow I used G Face, as well as for STR and FHR. It seems to work OK.
Aha- that makes more sense, sorry I didn't notice that in your gear list when I read it before!

Redemption is the way to go, I had forgotten about that option. I am still waiting to find a +3 Redemption, +3 Meditation weapon with can get 5 sockets . I will turn it into a nice "Honor" switch weapon or as you pointed out shop for a Priest's weapon with + Redemption.
You could look for a very long time for that scepter! Making Honor would only give +1 so your Redemption and Meditation would be level 4, versus 5 from +2 pally/+3 skill or +2 defensive aura/+3 skill, so I think the shops may be better. Unless you have the runes for Call to Arms- that would be a great switch weapon. The only 5-socket scepters are war scepters, divine scepers and cadaceuses so that makes the odds pretty long for a white one or a grey one with 5 sockets already. While you are at it you should keep an eye out for a good four-socket one for Holy Thunder with +3 Holy Shock +3 Zeal- that's an even longer shot!