1.10 Mini Guide - The Lightning Amazon

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
triqui said:
One question jek: which are your skill levels?
I changed some gear, so it's now:

41/41/41/41 I got +21 skills. :)

New damage:
CS: 1-6794 x 11 (avg. damage: 37373!)
LF: 1-2851 (avg. damage: too high to calculate :p)
LS: 1-5659 x 42 (When used correctly: 56600! You can easily place it correct to bounce twenty times -- or until all targets are dead)
PS: 1-18400 (Avg damage: 9200, poo!)

I don't think there's any other char that'll be even close to the damage you can dish out with a pure lightning gal.

SpeedyCheese

Diabloii.Net Member
jek i was just wondering the equip your using

ur CS is amazing compared to mine, mine is abit over 3k but im aiming to get it to sumwhere around 5k

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
SpeedyCheese said:
jek i was just wondering the equip your using

ur CS is amazing compared to mine, mine is abit over 3k but im aiming to get it to sumwhere around 5k
Changed my equipment yet again, managed to squeeze a little more damage out of it. G. Eye instead of Harle.

It used to be:
1 Harlequins
Titans
Mosers with 2 Lightning Facets
Enigma
Mara's
10 Javalin Skillers
1 Annihilus
1 Ravenfrost
1 Verdungo (With this kind of damage, I don't really need the pierce from Razortail, at high level survival is much more important than killing faster IMO)
Sandstorm Trek
Dual Leech Ring
20% Ias, +skills, LL, gloves

lesofprimus

Diabloii.Net Member
Jek said:
I changed some gear, so it's now:

41/41/41/41 I got +21 skills. :)

New damage:
CS: 1-6794 x 11 (avg. damage: 37373!)
LF: 1-2851 (avg. damage: too high to calculate :p)
LS: 1-5659 x 42 (When used correctly: 56600! You can easily place it correct to bounce twenty times -- or until all targets are dead)
PS: 1-18400 (Avg damage: 9200, poo!)

I don't think there's any other char that'll be even close to the damage you can dish out with a pure lightning gal.

Why are u putting in these multipliers??? X11 and X42....

Im Lost.........

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
lesofprimus said:
Why are u putting in these multipliers??? X11 and X42....

Im Lost.........
Because Charged Strike releases 11 bolts and Lightning Sentry can bounce 42 times.

Tengu

Diabloii.Net Member
Great guide :thumbsup: , convinced me into making a pure lightning zon of my own :D

Jek said:
Because Charged Strike releases 11 bolts and Lightning Sentry can bounce 42 times.
I guess you meant Chain Lightning instead of Lightning Sentry there ;), right? :p

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
Tengu said:
I guess you meant Chain Lightning instead of Lightning Sentry there ;), right? :p
Yeah, Chain Lightning/Lightning Strike. Been playing my trapper too much. ;)

Would this be good along with skills you mentioned I mean good equip..

Weapon: Ethereal upgraded titans
Armor: Enigma or CoH
Shield: stormshield
Helmet: Vamp
Boots: Gore
Gloves: Bloodfist..or is that stupid
Belt: Verdungos
Rings: Raven frost and kathos
Amulet: Highlords??

This seems to me good but I'm not sure just checking :lol:

Tha_real_blade

Diabloii.Net Member
hi m8 the guide looks nice,

i would like however to contribute another piece of headgear,
yes we all pretty much know what im talking about (if u ever played LF-zon in 1.09 while wanting to get some MF)

Stealskull, it's dual leeches, increased attack speed and MF makes it really shine on any melee character, and especially an "Lightning amazon"

just my 2 cents
...blade :howdy:

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
sOaPONaRoPe said:
Would this be good along with skills you mentioned I mean good equip..

Weapon: Ethereal upgraded titans
Armor: Enigma or CoH
Shield: stormshield
Helmet: Vamp
Boots: Gore
Gloves: Bloodfist..or is that stupid
Belt: Verdungos
Rings: Raven frost and kathos
Amulet: Highlords??

This seems to me good but I'm not sure just checking :lol:
The gear looks pretty good, but personally I'd try to gain a high mana leech ring instead of Kathos and then use a Harlequin's Crest instead of Vampire Gaze. Or Stealskull as Blade said, but +skills is awesome. :)

Verdungo's vs. Razortail, since you're using a Stormshield and Vamp/Harle you don't need the PDR it offers, personally I'd go with one of the three:
T-Gods: Survivability.
Razortail: Kill speed.
Goldwrap: Magic Find boost, and some IAS to boot.

Highlords+Gore riders allows for some nice physical damage, perhaps use an Eaglehorn on switch for LIs instead of Titans? The reason is that way you can go with a non-ethereal titans - much easier to manage LFing that way (repair = turbo replenish). Another option if you want to stick with Titan's is getting a CB setup, G. Face helps here, it improves Jab alot.

Enigma vs. Chains of Honor,
for general game-play I'd use Chains of Honor, no doubt about it. And then try to get ~100% Magic Find from charms (if I'm not mistaken the first 1-100 MF counts for alot more than over 100).

Bloodfists is an awesome pair of gloves, I love them, tho be aware that you can get +skills from gloves too, and IAS too. Might find/shop some niiiice +3 Jav+20% IAS gloves to reach a faster BP and gaining lots of damage.

This is just my personal favorite, but having an Eaglehorn on switch really helps alot against LIs, it can sling a lvl 1 Frozen Arrow to freeze Gloams and then strafe away with 95% chance to hit due to "Ignore Defense". Socketing a perfect sapphire will increase freezing time alot too, tho Nef is a very good option too. (Check the strafe IAS tables, I'll add a section about hybrids once I get time to update my miniguide.)

PS: You'll do fine, very fine, with your listed equipment, this was just my ideas on how to try to improve your already fine amazon a tad. :)

NL-DeV

Diabloii.Net Member
Hiya Jek, really nice guide, could u tell me where u put ur skillpoints on the Killer Lady??
I'm not that good at that ;) In ur guide u mentioned Max CS, Max LS, Max LF etc. But where did u put ur other points?

Simply put: Where did u put all ur skillpoints :) and what level are u now?

And a page back u mentioned that the gear in the guide isn't the ideal gear anymore since it was written during the beginning of ladder.

What would you consider the ideal gear ATM?

Chynobi

Diabloii.Net Member
Great Guide its inspired me to make one for the girlfriend for pvp :thumbsup:

Btw whats socketed in the Harle & Titans i assume a faciet but just to make sure :)

I play NL and was wondering if harle was the best way to go without buying a Circlet.....

Question-- what do you do if you run into a LI/PhysI monster?
I think thats the reason FR/W charms were invented :D

Awatar

Diabloii.Net Member
liuj1 said:
Question-- what do you do if you run into a LI/PhysI monster?
I was thinking maybe Witchwild String combined with Strafe. It has "2% chance of casting level 5 Amplify Damage on striking", and Strafe shoots a lot -> it hits a lot -> we should get that Amp. That should remove the PI after a while and then just keep shooting and let your merc and Valkyrie join the fray.

On a side note, should I put points in Power Strike or would I be better off pumping Valkyrie or Pierce or some such (my current skillpoint plan is 20 in all lightning skills except LBolt, 12 in Valk, 1 in Jab and all passives, and get Strafe)? Is the damage enough even with just 1 point in PS and 20 in LFury, LStrike, and CStrike?

triqui

Diabloii.Net Member
Chynobi said:
Great Guide its inspired me to make one for the girlfriend for pvp :thumbsup:

Btw whats socketed in the Harle & Titans i assume a faciet but just to make sure :)
In harle you can socket um, topaz, faciet or even a ruby if you like. Whatever thing you think your character needs. However, in titans you cant socket nothing at all.

mstrnicegui

Diabloii.Net Member
EDIT: I decided I would find the use for LS, even though the times I've used it it seemed useless and I found it. It is godly strong in the areas I was having trouble with. Mainly a pack of 4-9 monsters spread across an area. I just fell in love with LS.

Alright, here's the deal: I made my first zon, a pure lightning zon based on this guide, and I am having difficulty with strategy, I guess. I am a barbarian-lover at heart and played only that class for a long time, so that might be part of my play-style problem coming to the zon. Anyways, here's my current gear:
helm: +2nightwing's OR rare circet w/ +2skills +29str +18 dex 6%ml +83 mana
ammy: rare with low resists to all +2 passive skills 25%mf
weapon: low ed titans non-eth
armor: upgraded vipermagi 35% res all
shield: stormshield
gloves: soul drainers
belt: tgods
boots: goreriders
rings: ravens & rare dual leech dual resist
charms: +life/resist/mana stuff

My problem is that I am too fragile for how quickly I kill (or don't kill). I find that I use CS on 1-3 enemies and LF on everything else. The problem lies in the packs that are 4-9 monsters large. They often can bum-rush me and whoop my *** before I can kill them (even with a valk and merc as distraction), or I have to run/shoot/run/shoot a lot before the pack will fall. If the pack is 10+ large, then I find LF a suitable killer. I figured my gear was suitable enough, though it could be improved upon... Any suggestions on what strategies I can use or is there something seriously wrong with the combo of gear I'm using?

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
mstrnicegui said:
EDIT: I decided I would find the use for LS, even though the times I've used it it seemed useless and I found it. It is godly strong in the areas I was having trouble with. Mainly a pack of 4-9 monsters spread across an area. I just fell in love with LS.

Alright, here's the deal: I made my first zon, a pure lightning zon based on this guide, and I am having difficulty with strategy, I guess. I am a barbarian-lover at heart and played only that class for a long time, so that might be part of my play-style problem coming to the zon. Anyways, here's my current gear:
helm: +2nightwing's OR rare circet w/ +2skills +29str +18 dex 6%ml +83 mana
ammy: rare with low resists to all +2 passive skills 25%mf
weapon: low ed titans non-eth
armor: upgraded vipermagi 35% res all
shield: stormshield
gloves: soul drainers
belt: tgods
boots: goreriders
rings: ravens & rare dual leech dual resist
charms: +life/resist/mana stuff

My problem is that I am too fragile for how quickly I kill (or don't kill). I find that I use CS on 1-3 enemies and LF on everything else. The problem lies in the packs that are 4-9 monsters large. They often can bum-rush me and whoop my *** before I can kill them (even with a valk and merc as distraction), or I have to run/shoot/run/shoot a lot before the pack will fall. If the pack is 10+ large, then I find LF a suitable killer. I figured my gear was suitable enough, though it could be improved upon... Any suggestions on what strategies I can use or is there something seriously wrong with the combo of gear I'm using?

Decoy is awesome against the fast packs, a level 1 Frozen Arrow in a 4 Perfect Sapphire bow goes a long way too. :)

Sorry for not having the time to actively replying to my own thread. I'll have some more time on my hands in a week or so, will probably do a complete update. :)

NL-DeV

Diabloii.Net Member
When are u planning on updating ur guide, maybe with a skillpoint-level thingie ;)
That would help a lot, maybe even the new best gear. I was going to start me a Lightningzon but still haven't started since i am not that good at distributing skill points on my own ;)

Greetz,

DeV

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
NL-DeV said:
When are u planning on updating ur guide, maybe with a skillpoint-level thingie ;)
That would help a lot, maybe even the new best gear. I was going to start me a Lightningzon but still haven't started since i am not that good at distributing skill points on my own ;)

Greetz,

DeV
That's a good idea, I'll do that! :)

I'll start working on the new version in about 1.5 week or so? Will probably be alot more detailed and in-depth, as will have alot better discussion/info on the variants - Hybrids, Pure Lightning, Jab/Fend version and so on. Will probably also add a small PvP section. :)

Teknocide

Diabloii.Net Member
What's your two cents on maxing four lightning skills? If you go with a pure jav'er, or a Strong lightning/(very) weak strafe-build? I'm truly in love with lightning skills and thought I'd take it to another level..