1.10 Mini Guide - The Lightning Amazon

Polygemus

Diabloii.Net Member
For LIs, how about one point into Guided Shot instead of Frozen Arrow?
FA needs to be at high slevel to be effective, while guided seems to need only 1 pt.

Can anyone enlighten me on this? My level 73 javazon just started hell and will encounter LIs soon. Guided Shot (since it always hits) or FA better?

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
Polygemus said:
For LIs, how about one point into Guided Shot instead of Frozen Arrow?
FA needs to be at high slevel to be effective, while guided seems to need only 1 pt.

Can anyone enlighten me on this? My level 73 javazon just started hell and will encounter LIs soon. Guided Shot (since it always hits) or FA better?
Well, FA freezes the monsters... I personally prefer FA.

Foo2rama

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok I am up to level 63 and walking through NM act 5.
I run t-gods belt and Titans revenge. What I need to know is what is the level requirment of an upgraded titans revenge? I assume the 107st and 151dex from the "Matriarchal Javelin" specs apply

I also run plus 2 spear and jav gloves and a plus 1 zon ammy. cs is over 2000 now and I still have @10 more points to max out lightening strike. Fury is at level 30 right now ;-)

TheRavenaaa

Diabloii.Net Member
What is the best merc for a hardcore javazon? Might, Defiance, or Holy Freeze? Keep in mind I just started so I don't have godly equip

triqui

Diabloii.Net Member
spballer said:
you cant go wrong with enigma, it saves u 50+ stat points, if u are truly good then u will have the patience to lvl to 70
Thats not being good, thats being a leecher. Sure, you can spend no point and go to public Baal run games, sit in a comfortable place, throw a few javalelins to fake your team, and "level" to the 70s. Most other people, however, actually PLAYS the game.

Back on topic, great guide.
Im doing a lightning zone. She is in lvl 70 in hell. I dont want to rush this character, as she is doing pretty well by now. My question is:

I have 20 on both LF and CS. I dont want to raise the LS, couse there is nothing i cannot handle with those 2 skills, except LI, who are inmune to LS also. So im thinking in what to spend the skill points now. I have lvl 17 valkiria (counting the bonuses). should i go to lvl 20 valk?. or going to lvl 20 plague javelin? (can it kill with no sinergies?) . And finally my favourite (but havent tested yet) , would it be good to add lvl 20 strafe (for LI mostly)?

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
triqui said:
Thats not being good, thats being a leecher. Sure, you can spend no point and go to public Baal run games, sit in a comfortable place, throw a few javalelins to fake your team, and "level" to the 70s. Most other people, however, actually PLAYS the game.

Back on topic, great guide.
Im doing a lightning zone. She is in lvl 70 in hell. I dont want to rush this character, as she is doing pretty well by now. My question is:

I have 20 on both LF and CS. I dont want to raise the LS, couse there is nothing i cannot handle with those 2 skills, except LI, who are inmune to LS also. So im thinking in what to spend the skill points now. I have lvl 17 valkiria (counting the bonuses). should i go to lvl 20 valk?. or going to lvl 20 plague javelin? (can it kill with no sinergies?) . And finally my favourite (but havent tested yet) , would it be good to add lvl 20 strafe (for LI mostly)?
Strafe is a GREAT backup skill if you got the bow/x-bow to support it. Freezing Arrow also does a good job, but it needs more skill points to be really effective. But strafe is good. :)

ventilator

Diabloii.Net Member
spballer said:
First off he throws lionheart above enigma, WRONG, you cant go wrong with enigma, it saves u 50+ stat points, if u are truly good then u will have the patience to lvl to 70 without spending any stat points and build your characters stats from there with all ur final gear [...]
If you were truly good you

1) wouldn't need to rely on a Runeword armor probably made from duped runes for either PvM or PvP.

2) wouldn't need to hold off spending your statpoints until lvl 70, since you calculated your needed base values based on your final equipment before even starting your char anyway.

3) would see that Lionheart offers 95 statpoints at clevel 41 as opposed to 49 + statpoints at clevel 65 for Enigma, and wouldn't list Harlequin Crest's itty str bonus.

4) wouldn't assume that everyone has access to Mara's Kaleidoskopes', Annihilis, "imps" (whatever that is) and duped rune gear, at least not on Ladder.

5) would've told us what "it" is, that your lightzon can handle and others without enigma can't.

Foo2rama

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for posting this build... It works great! although the Stoeny field while easy is very very annoying...

Does anyone know the stats when you upgrade titans revenge?? also is it worth it when you run a nice maxed resist, max dmg, max armour Stoneraven(+1, I have a +2 but the dmg works out lower,) on the alt?

dave2412

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice in-depth guide.

However, didn't see you mention Andariel's Visage as a helm choice. The +2 skills, IAS, life leech, and poison res are great. The -fire res should be easily countered (and really isn't that bad, since Zons shouldn't be hit much).

Or, am I missing something?

deadbeater

Diabloii.Net Member
My zon's highest resistance in hell is negative 45. I am wearing Twitchroe. Yet I can kill Baal solo in less than a minute.

I love this build.

Also, you forget Valkyrie's Wing. Besides the +2 to all levels, it has faster walk and hit recovery, so the zon can practically dodge and throw at the same time.

triqui

Diabloii.Net Member
deadbeater said:
My zon's highest resistance in hell is negative 45. I am wearing Twitchroe. Yet I can kill Baal solo in less than a minute.

I love this build.

Also, you forget Valkyrie's Wing. Besides the +2 to all levels, it has faster walk and hit recovery, so the zon can practically dodge and throw at the same time.
How?
I mean: My resistance are in the (low) positive zone, and when i solo against baal, i struggle against the gloam bitches quite a lot (probably the only monster that gave me true headache, barring the uberSuperchampions with awful mods like conviction aura + extrastrong charged bolts.) How do you survive them? Maybe light absorb (that i lack)? How do you kill them fast enough so the dont fry you, your merc, and your valk?

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
dave2412 said:
Nice in-depth guide.

However, didn't see you mention Andariel's Visage as a helm choice. The +2 skills, IAS, life leech, and poison res are great. The -fire res should be easily countered (and really isn't that bad, since Zons shouldn't be hit much).

Or, am I missing something?
I wrote most of the items in beta, at a time where I was scared to death of the new balrogs fire. But after having played the game more I realize they're not all that tought. Andariels Visage is an excellent helm, if I get the time to update the entire mini-guide I'll surely put it in.

TerrorClown

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice guide, just one small question is this this build viable in classic and does open wounds and crushing blow works with LF ?

Masticophis

Diabloii.Net Member
premature tyrant said:
I made the Lightning zon. She's awsome, but there's one problem: LIs. I haven't put anything into Lightning Strike yet because I want to put the rest of my points in a non-lightning attack. I was wondering if u could tell me which skill i should put my points into so i can handle LIs.
My merc handles what little i come across that is light immune. Remeber, you do physical dmg as well as light dmg with LF and CS. Albeit, not much, but like I stated above, my merc handles what I cant.

Masticophis

Diabloii.Net Member
I didnt read throug all the post, so if it was mentioned.. sorry. I didnt see Highlords ammy in the Jewelry section. IAS and +1 to skills. not a bad ammy.. also has the light res bonus...(35%)

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
Masticophis said:
I didnt read throug all the post, so if it was mentioned.. sorry. I didnt see Highlords ammy in the Jewelry section. IAS and +1 to skills. not a bad ammy.. also has the light res bonus...(35%)
I didn't really wrote anything about it since I didn't tested it, and for the IAS cat's eye simply beats it - dex and everything and Mara's beat it skill-vise and resist. The Deadly Strike is nice if you choose to go for a strafe route on switch tho.

Gimpy the magic mexican

Diabloii.Net Member
sweet guide...but i'm curious as to what unique advantage this character has over a lightning sorc (aside from the passive tree)

How much damage are your attacks doin right now?

Jek

Diabloii.Net Member
Gimpy the magic mexican said:
sweet guide...but i'm curious as to what unique advantage this character has over a lightning sorc (aside from the passive tree)

How much damage are your attacks doin right now?
CS: 1-6296 x 10
LF: 1-2702
LS: 1-5183
PS: 1-15318

She dishes out more damage faster than the lightning sorc, plus she can with a very small investment also do good physical damage - all you need is a bow and a few points into strafe.

[cK]Extreme

Diabloii.Net Member
Jek said:
CS: 1-6296 x 10
LF: 1-2702
LS: 1-5183
PS: 1-15318

She dishes out more damage faster than the lightning sorc, plus she can with a very small investment also do good physical damage - all you need is a bow and a few points into strafe.
Don't lie =P. My light sorc does 7-17000 lightning damage, and something like 9000 max chain lightning damage. Of course you have much more survivability and versitility, but you can never outdmg a specialized sorc :uhhuh:

triqui

Diabloii.Net Member
[cK]Extreme said:
Don't lie =P. My light sorc does 7-17000 lightning damage, and something like 9000 max chain lightning damage. Of course you have much more survivability and versitility, but you can never outdmg a specialized sorc :uhhuh:
I think you did not catch it. he dishes out 10x6296 damage. Against "big" monsters (like all act bosses, balrogs, etc) he does hit with ALL the bolts. Thats 62k damage. YEP. 62k. :thumbsup:. And if use a thunderstroke, thats
-15% to resistances. With griphon eye+thunderstroke=bye bye baal.

and agains packs... dunno if you have seen a good javazon with lightning fury... but they OBLITERATE the screen in miliseconds. And most of them DONT do 2.5k with LF. With 1300 or so, you clean the screen faster than any other class (barring the Lightning inmunes, of course). With 2500... WOW.

The adventage of the sorc is teleport and static field. I damage, i bet for javazon.

One question jek: which are your skill levels?