Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.10 MeleeMancer Help

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by twillight, Apr 14, 2009.

1. twillight

twillight IncGamers Member

Re: 1.10 MeleeMancer Help

I need help with my meleemancer in these:

- rune and MF runs: how to make them viable?

- what to do with PIs?

- how to beat Hell Ancients?

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

I'd say you can't. They are just too slow to make it worthwhile.

With those unbreakable PI's you'll need a gear solution. Most don't allow you to CE a body nearby and I don't think you'll want to BS or Teeth them to death. Passion works wonders.

Depends a bit on your current gear set-up and skills. What have you tried already?

3. twillight

I ment for single player purpose.
    By the way rune-runs are possible: run down, blind everyone from outside Countess' room, go in, wait until the Countess comes out from the crowd (keep them blind), kill her (let the merc do it (most probably its aura isn't activated), cast amplify on her to help).

So you suggest passion? I'll keep it in mind, though the makes target flee makes me hasitate.

I did not reach them yet, but when i reach it I want to be as prepared as possible. I thought decrepify them then just hit, but after nightmare ancients I came here for more possiblities and maybe for hidden technics.
    Seems I'll have the classic meleemancer setup (bone armor and curses), no golem yet. Gear will be Duriel's shell, obedience, nightsmoke belt (or similar rare), biggins bonnet (or rare resist-helm), 1 rare ring, 1 dwarf star (can be changed to rare), blood crafted gloves, prismatic amulet, rare resist boots (or Goblintoe if I manage find it.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The %Flee is annoying, but the Berserk makes it worth it. Alternatively if you can afford it a Famine. Or just skip them. Not too many things that remain immune.

Wall them in and keep IM on the ones you are not engaging. Keep Decrep on the guy that you are currently killing and/or avoiding.

5. Darker Realm

Darker Realm IncGamers Member

I just brute force my way through Physical Immunes, first Amplifying Damage then using high-damage items such as Grief or eBotD, but that's just my take on PI solutions, and I agree that the method is expensive.

6. twillight

Dark Real:

You'll never get through with pure physical damage on a stoneskin ghost. The PI won't disappear.
    But anything with a good enough elemental damage will do the trick even if slightly slowly. (I did not reached Arcane S. yet, so no experience on ghost hordes).

M. Mantis:
    I like the idea barricading the ancients, although it needs to be tested. Madawc most certainy can be walled in, but the whirlwinder WILL come out (just think on him as the primary target I think), and on the leaper I have no clue wether he will ignore the bones or will start to attack them melee.
    Also a question what needs to be tested (I have no time to go further in the game currently) wether bone prison can be cast on the statues before "talking with 'em" or not (would make life much simplier).

7. Darker Realm

Darker Realm IncGamers Member

Why don't you think before you post. Use CE or Bone Spirit + Amp vs. Stone Skin.

8. twillight

I thought.

1) amplify is still useless
    2) for CE you need bodies. Not always are there bodies. Also not always kills the monster.
    3) Bone spirit to be fast enough requires heavy investment in the skill itself. Not everyone (including me) have that much point to spare on that skill. Another reason against CE and BS: they are ranged skills, not melee.

Not bad suggestions, I just fond M.M.'s suggestions more flawless.