1.10 FAQ Updation thread (read before asking general questions) - Updated 12/08/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
Hewwo,

1) Trap-laying is based on IAS, and afaik, has always been as such.

2) Both WIAS and OIAS count towards trap-laying speed. The only IAS that does not count is the IAS on the secondary claw (off-claw).

3) Trap-laying EIAS Table:
Code:
EIAS	Fpa	EIAS	Fpa
-30	23	0	15
-29	22	8	14
-26	21	15	13
-23	20	24	12
-19	19	34	11
-15	18	47	10
-10	17	61	9
-5	16
EIAS = (120*IAS)/(120+IAS) - (WSM) + (SIAS)

(SIAS in this case would be the increased attack speed from BoS)
(if dual claw, remember to average the WSM of both claws)

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
50% is the maximum that can be effective. If, somehow, you were struck with Decrepify or Amplify Damage, those would be subtracted before the cap (meaning you would need 100% and 150% DR, respectively).

If you are talking about straight DR (like on Gerke's) then there is no limit other than the availability of items. It is possible to get at least 140 of that kind.

MCPWTB

Diabloii.Net Member
I read -Lightning Resist% items do not affect traps. I heard otherwise from someone.

Which is correct?
Example I have a 5/5 lightning facet. Does the -5% lightning resistance affect my enemies when my LS traps hit them?

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
Re: 1.10 FAQ Updation thread (read before asking general questions) - Updated 12/08/0

This is in response to these posts on the first page of the thread:

Q: What mods on your off-hand claw work with the C/C Skills(DC/CoT/FoF/BoI)?

A: What works with your off-hand claw

- Elemental Damage
- Leech
What doesn't work with your off-hand claw
- Knockback
Q: What mods on your off-hand claw work with the C/C Skills(DC/CoT/FoF/BoI)?
Yet to be confirmed
- Crushing Blow
- Open Wounds
- Deadly Strike
- Hit Blinds Target
- Hit Freezes Target
- Hit Slows Target
- % Chance to cast X mod on striking
- % Chance to cast X mod on attack
- Prevent Monster Heal
- Ignore Target Defense
I tested this using Dragon Claw, version 1.11b, Hell difficulty. As it was for my DC assassin guide, I haven't tested the other C/C skills - Claws of Thunder, Fists of Fire, Blades of Ice. Later maybe. I used a variety of claws, including Bartuc's, Jade Talon, Shadow Killer, Fools GTs of Swiftness 'UmUm', Jewelers Claw 'Nef', Magic Claw with ctc Chain Lightning on attack.

What mods work on the off hand claw:
All these I have tested and verified.
- Elemental Damage
- Leech
- Open Wounds
- Hit Freezes Target
- % Chance to cast X mod on striking
- % Chance to cast X mod on attack
- Ignore Target Defense
- Knockback

These mods are not tested
Personally I feel that, given everything else I have tested does work, these will work too. When I manage to get hold of the right claws (and decide how I can test it properly for things like crushing blow), I'll update further.
- Prevent Monster Heal
- Crushing Blow
- Deadly Strike
- Hit Blinds Target
- Hit Slows Target

BIGeyedBUG

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: 1.10 FAQ Updation thread (read before asking general questions) - Updated 12/08/0

Thanks for testing those.

I think you're right about the rest. There was some buggy offhand mod application in earlier versions of the game, but I think all of that was cleaned up with 1.1 or earlier.

The exception--though I think it's intentional--is IAS. On the secondary claw, it only has an effect on Normal Attack and Whirlwind.

Incidentally, the same is true for Barbs.

tingxpops

Diabloii.Net Member

Q: How does MB work on uniques/superuniques/Act Bosses?

A: Against Champions, random uniques and superuniques(i.e. Council Members), both stun and (physical) damage still works, but stun chance is reduced to 10-20%(length remains the same). Against Act Bosses, only the damage works. Also, all uniques cannot be knocked back by MB.

uhh does this mean that in PvP, there is only a percentage to stun? i always thought it was a 100% chance to stun

tingxpops

Diabloii.Net Member

Q: How does MB work on uniques/superuniques/Act Bosses?

A: Against Champions, random uniques and superuniques(i.e. Council Members), both stun and (physical) damage still works, but stun chance is reduced to 10-20%(length remains the same). Against Act Bosses, only the damage works. Also, all uniques cannot be knocked back by MB.

uhh does this mean that in PvP, there is only a percentage to stun? i always thought it was a 100% chance to stun

maxicek

Moderator Single Player

It give the other character the swirlies around their head 100%. After that any damage they receive will put them into hit recovery, hence the reasons Ghosts use Mind Blast and low level traps.

tingxpops

Diabloii.Net Member

oh so in PvP, the character isn't actually stunned. the character just gets that swirly 100% of the time and any hit in the time that the swirly lasts puts them into a hit recovery phase which pretty much is "stunning" if u keep hitting them rapidly

correcT?

AeroGear

Diabloii.Net Member

Okay so I went through this whole FAQ and I didnt see any specific info related to my question so here goes...!

It is stated that the abilities the shadow master uses are half her level +1. BUT..does this mean that, say I have 20 points invested in shadow master, shes casts a "fully" synnergized level 11 lightning sentry (meaning that it accounts for level 11 death sentry/shock web/charged bolt sentry etc.) OR is it just a regular level 11 LS?

Including synnergies would make the shadow master a VERY valuable asset and ally while a level 11 trap without synnergy is a nuisance as it removes your stronger traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.