1.10 FAQ Updation thread (read before asking general questions) - Updated 12/08/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naliworld

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
Where do you think the breakpoints come from? WW Attack speed has dimishing returns. It's there in your tables.
I'm probably just dense, but I'm still not seeing the diminishing returns(at least with Barb WW)...IAS on weapon directly minuses from the WSM, much like EIAS...when do the diminishing returns kick in?

iikori: The extra 30 IAS was probably needed in order to hit the -60 WSM speed cap for all non-sword 2H weapons.

Thanks for the clarification...I'm working on a FAQ to explain the double effect of +% damage.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Naliworld said:
I'm probably just dense, but I'm still not seeing the diminishing returns(at least with Barb WW)...IAS on weapon directly minuses from the WSM, much like EIAS...when do the diminishing returns kick in?
That's a 'trick' to get to the breakpoints, but the actual formula is different.

For some very in-depth information on WW, click here. Since you're the moderator here, I don't think this link will get deleted :)

delay = a1_frames*256 / ((weapon ias+wsm+100)*anim speed/100)
This formula has the standard Blizzard dimishing returns part: (a+b)/(a*b)
It just looks a bit different, because of a few additional parameters.

brianc84

Diabloii.Net Member
This formula has the standard Blizzard dimishing returns part: (a+b)/(a*b)
It just looks a bit different, because of a few additional parameters.
They're not the same formula but what you're getting at is that they are both rational functions, which change much less the closer you get to the infinities.

MariahCareyLover

Diabloii.Net Member
Just to be clear: Do the elemental damages from, let's say, a Hellrack apply to a dragon talon kick? To all 4 kicks or just the first?? Thnx!

[edit]And what about mods like "chance to cast bonespear on striking", they probably won't apply huh?

Naliworld

Diabloii.Net Member
Both Elemental damage from a Hellrack and the chance to cast Bone Spear(or whatever attack) would apply on all kicks of DTalon.

Abdiel

Diabloii.Net Member
Naliworld said:
Q: Hey, why is my WB blocking elemental attacks?
A: WB blocks elemental attacks in addition to (normally) unblockable attacks, such as Smite. Here's a list of elemental attacks we've verified to be Blockable or Unblockable with WB. Note that all of the below are Unblockable with normal Shields. Elemental skills denoted with a "?" are unconfirmed:

Monster-based elemental skill list:
Andariel Poison Cloud - ?
Mephisto Cold Orb - ?
Finger Mage Homing Missile - ?
Diablo Fire Nova - ?
Diablo Red Lightning(Lightning portion) - ?
Baal Incineration Nova - ?

Things I've blocked in single player: (Clank!)

Mephisto's Cold Orb
Andariel's Poison Cloud

Unsure on the rest, Although I'd say the Diablo and Baal fire nova's probably no, as I got hit by them SO damn much that block shoulda triggered there somewhere. Diablo's Lightning Breath definitely not - same thing it woulda gone off there somewhere it tagged me so often.

Naliworld

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks, Abdiel. ;) Changes added. I've held back with Diablo's Fire breath, though...perhaps WB only deducts a few frames of his breath.

Abdiel

Diabloii.Net Member
Naliworld said:
Thanks, Abdiel. ;) Changes added. I've held back with Diablo's Fire breath, though...perhaps WB only deducts a few frames of his breath.
Hmm - point. It might at that, and it'd be pretty damn hard to tell too, specially with the lightning breath as it seems to have an odd bit of a delay before it really starts raping you severely.

dkay

Diabloii.Net Member
nali i had a question
for blade shield does cb and ow transfer from it? im planning to use an um'ed or ber'ed wiz spike + gores + guilammes with blade shiled. sorry i didnt quite understand what off hand claw means.

mysecretalterego

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, I have a stupid question. Like, really dumb. Been over a year since I've played, please excuse the sheer stupidity.
Q: What's this NextDelay thing mean?

A: NextDelay is a property that activates a hidden "hit timer" that limits how often any attack from that group can damage a single target. This works similarly to the infamous spell timer, which limits how often any spell in that group can be cast. The difference is that the hit timer doesn't prevent you from attacking, it just sets everyone's chance-to-hit that monster (with a hit timer attack) at zero until the timer runs out.
First off, by group does this mean party or skill tree or what? Second of all, by everyone, does that mean everyone in the party, or does it mean just the player and the player's shadow and merc, or what? This doesn't effect the other player's damage, does it?

And for further clarification,
FoF/CoT/BoI work quite strangely with +%Damage and -%Resist. While -%Resist works normally for all four skills, +%Damage only affects some of the skills:

Whether +%Damage(eg. Facets) affects damage:
Does this mean that the following items are bugged with all +%Damage, or only +%Damage that is combined with -%Resist?

Naliworld

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, been a while since I checked this topic.

dkay: Sorry about the late response. I think you probably already know the answer by now, but in any case: CB and OW do not work with BShield at all, whether on armor or weapons.

mysecretalterego: "Group" refers to all the skills listed in the FAQ. "Everyone" refers to everyone, basically; you, your merc/Shadow, other players(whether allied/neutral/hostile even), and their mercs/minions(i.e. you/your Shadow Shockweb'ing a critter will prevent your party's Sorceress from damaging the same critter with Nova - for a second, at least). Thanks for pointing out the ambiguities, I'll fix those up.

The second FAQ applies to all kinds of +%Damage, not just those items which have both +%Damage and -%Resist on the same item. Though, to tell the truth, I'm having trouble finding a weapon with just +%Damage...

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
BIGeyedBUG said:
Various tidbits:

- Chance to cast on attack doesn't work with BF. It's been reported that it does work with Sentinel.

- The problem with primary and secondary claws resetting doesn't seem to happen in 1.1 final.

- WB blocks Blood Stars and Imp Fire. And most importantly...

- Dude, Assassins RAWK! :yep: :yep: :yep:
Well, actually, I can confirm that chance to cast on attack DOES work with BF. I played a BFsin with Hellmouth gloves and without a shadow I keep noticing Firestorms and Meteors incinerating my enemies :D

Abdiel

Diabloii.Net Member
Dawnmaster said:
Well, actually, I can confirm that chance to cast on attack DOES work with BF. I played a BFsin with Hellmouth gloves and without a shadow I keep noticing Firestorms and Meteors incinerating my enemies :D
Ah, but Hellmouths have chance to cast on STRIKING, not attacking :) Striking works fine. Attacking no worky.

Just a thought while I'm here.. shouldn't the whole story of damage reduction, the cap, and hard points in Fade be in the FAQ as well? Seems relevant.

A.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Some digging on the Assassin shadow minions, didn't add the equipment table, as that one should be known around here.

Code:
Shadow Warrior

aidel 15
threat 11
"max target dist" = 40
"max boss dist" = 30
"attack chance" = 60
"skill decrement" = 1
"summoning skill" = 268
"min to use skill" = 5
"max to use skill" = 64

Animations
Normal Attack
EIAS	frames
0	14
6	13
14	12
24	11
35	10
49	9
65	8

FoF/BoI/DC/CoT (hits twice) (-10 wsm)
EIAS	frames
0	17
6	16
14	15
22	14
31	13
42	12
55	11

Blade Fury
EFCR	frames
0	16

Dragon Flight (hits twice)
0	22

Coldeffect: -50%
Drain: 0

40% physical resist

damageregen: 3 (0 to full in 54.61 seconds)

Stats
	Normal	NM	Hell
Life:	376	376	376
Def:	196	196	196
AR:	163	243	323

+ar: 40 * Slvl
+% defense: 12 * Slvl
str: 10 * Slvl
Dex: 10 * Slvl
fire/cold/light/pois resist: 4 * Slvl, capped at 75

delay: 150 frames = 6 seconds

Mana cost: 27 + .5 * Slvl

+hp%: 15 * Slvl

Ilvl of items: 18 + 2 * Slvl

Shadow Master

"approach dist" = 20
"melee bonus" = 10
"progressive bonus" = 10
"random pick" = 20
"ignore range" = 36
"boss leash" = 36
"attack chance" = 60
"summoning skill" = 279

Animations
Normal Attack
EIAS	frames
0	14
6	13
14	12
24	11
35	10
49	9
65	8

FoF/BoI/DC/CoT (hits twice) (-10 wsm)
EIAS	frames
0	17
6	16
14	15
22	14
31	13
42	12
55	11

Blade Fury
EFCR	frames
0	16

Dragon Flight (hits twice)
0	22

Coldeffect: -50%
Drain: 0

40% physical resist

damageregen: 2 (0 to full in 81.92 seconds)

Stats
	Normal	NM	Hell
Life:	376	376	376
Def:	196	196	196
AR:	163	243	323

+ar: 40 * Slvl
str: 10 * Slvl
Dex: 10 * Slvl
fire/cold/light/pois resist: 0.75((110*lvl) / (lvl+6)) + 5

delay: 150 frames = 6 seconds

Mana cost: 35 + .5 * Slvl

+hp%: 15 * Slvl

Ilvl of items: 24 + 3 * Slvl
I'll add the rest of the SM speed tables later.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
A month later, but whatever :p

Code:
Normal Attack
EIAS	frames
0	14
6	13
14	12
24	11
35	10
49	9
65	8

CoT/BoI/FoF/DC (two hit-checks)
EIAS	frames
0	16
8	15
15	14
24	13
34	12
46	11
61	10

Dragon Flight (two hit-checks)
EIAS	frames
0	23

Blade Fury
EFCR	frames
0	17
There's a delay of 15 frames between decisions.

Naliworld

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB: Just to be sure I'm understanding this correctly:

1) Does the 75% cap you mentioned for SWarrior elemental resistances apply only to resistance gained from the skill itself, or is it a global resist cap on the SWarrior? (if for example an slvl 19 SM spawns innately with 75% resist, and happened to spawn with a armor containing +25% resist all, would she still be stuck at 75% effective resist, or would she be immune to the elements?)

2) What does "Coldeffect: -50%". I'm guessing here that 'chilled' duration is halved, but is cold damage halved as well?

3) What does "damageregen: 3" mean?

Thanks for digging up all this info, really detailed. :thumbsup:

Abdiel: Fade's PDR bonus working with hard points and +skills is already in the FAQ, unless I'm misunderstanding you...

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Naliworld said:
1) Does the 75% cap you mentioned for SWarrior elemental resistances apply only to resistance gained from the skill itself, or is it a global resist cap on the SWarrior? (if for example an slvl 19 SM spawns innately with 75% resist, and happened to spawn with a armor containing +25% resist all, would she still be stuck at 75% effective resist, or would she be immune to the elements?)
That is only for the skill bonus. If she spawns with resists on her equipment or gets one of the Paladin's resist auras she can be immune to that element.

2) What does "Coldeffect: -50%". I'm guessing here that 'chilled' duration is halved, but is cold damage halved as well?
-50% EIAS (technically wrong, but equals that.) when chilled.

3) What does "damageregen: 3" mean?
Just a minor note. It means the SW/SM regenerate a certain amount of life per frame.

Thanks for digging up all this info, really detailed. :thumbsup:
The two hitchecks at DF/BoI/etc is interesting.

BIGeyedBUG

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
The two hitchecks at DF/BoI/etc is interesting.
I assumed that the FoF/CoT/BoI/DC note just meant that the Shadow uses the regular two swipe = 1 attack. (In which case I'd wonder if maybe they're only using one claw out of the pair, despite the animation.) Do you think the Shadows are swiping four times per action? I've never seen a Shadow get three charges from one attack, though maybe the charges themselves aren't tied to the to the swipes in the normal way.

The Dflight thing is weird. The only thing I can think is that maybe it's a roundabout way of giving them decent damage despite their lack of shoes.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
They don't hit four times per animation of DF/BoI/etc, only up to two.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
I looked through the first page of the FAQ - didn't see it, and my search failed too. So even though you probably get this twice a week, I'll ask anyway:

I'm playing a trapper, and I know at one point trap-cast speed was based on IAS - not FCR.

1) Is this still the case, and if not, what version did it change?
2) If it's still IAS, is it only weapon IAS, or does off-weapon IAS help too
3) Can you fill me in on the breakpoints for LS, DS, and FB?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.