Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.10 Elemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by staindbtc5622, Apr 6, 2004.

1. staindbtc5622

staindbtc5622 IncGamers Member

1.10 Elemancer

Hi All! Im new to this forum, so Just thought id start by sharing my Necro with you guys. BTW this is the most comprehensive info wise forum I have ever seen GJ guys. Im a WC3 player actually,(my name's Instill.Fear for some of you that might know me) got bored and now im back to D2. Never played since 1.08 so...

I play offline basically since my conn sux and recently started out a PvM necro which i named Viscera. Hopefully the name Elemancer doesnt already exists out there. Now on to the build.

My necro is currently lvl 90 and have been soloing hell in act5.

Skill
    20 Poison Dagger
    20 Poison Explosion
    20 Poison Nova
    20 Fire Golem
    1 to all curse n pre req
    5 to Lower Resist

I have a lvl 90 Holy Freeze Merc with a Spire of Honor (amned)

Basically Elemancer does Poison dmg with Nova as Main skill, Cold Dmg with Merc, Fire Dmg with maxed Golem. I have Lower Resist on all monsters at all times, Poison Nova then Corpse Explosion them to death. Everything else gets cleaned up by my minions. I wont go into specifics on my items coz i dont really yield uber stuff. Only real good thing Im using is a rare wand with +2 to all skills, +3 to poison nova, +2 to fire golem, + some minor resist and + 60 to mana.

If anyone would like I could go more specific but i guess you get the basics on this build. Any tips or suggestions are welcome. Thx guys =))

2. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

I think as poison mancer you would work wonder, but with FG you might have some trouble latter on coz FG trigger Lighting enhanced, no wall, no skelly you have to be careful.

ever think about partial trang gives you bonus on fire skill?

Plus Frost wind give you a artic blast or something.

thus truely elemental.

3. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Hmm, poison is a strong route, especially if you can get your hands on some of that nifty -poison resistance or +poison skill damage gear.

On the other hand I am a bit sceptical about the Fire Golem. The general consensus is that none of the golems can ever do enough damage to warrant an expenditure of 20 points.

And Holy Freeze mercs is the common choice for caster characters.

Oh yeah, and +fire skills won't help the Fire Golem for some reason.

Getting a full Trang Oul's Avatar might be the best choice if you want some serious elemental damage besides the poison. You can still keep your Fire Golem for stylistic reasons.

4. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

DING DING DING DING

I don't like advocating this piece of poo set (I don't know why I just don't like it for some reason). But for your build, it will definately come in handy. Good +skills, good res, good +poison dmg, good -poison res, and the best part (that fits your build especially) is the +fire skills from a sorcy.

g

5. staindbtc5622

I was thinking of stacking +skill items to boost poison and Fire Golem, would fire skills like meteor actually hurt without synergies/masteries? I figured if I can get like +15-20 skills, poison and fire golem dmg would be upped considerably esp with LR. Any suggestions?

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

The fire Skills will hurt. If you get the TO set the Fire Wall will do 998-1032 Fire Damage per second. If you get FG to level 40 he will do 1065-1133 Fire Damage if he hits.

7. staindbtc5622

Ok i get the picture now, I have another necro with a similar build but Im thinking to max Mages so I could use LR with my PN as well. Would the mages fare better in terms of dmg or would the FG be better with tonnes of + skills?
    THX in advance :lol:

8. Mad Mantis

Mages > Golem.

If you treat your Mages right (keep them a bit out of harms way), they will lay waste to the enemy. OK, that is a bit over exaggerated, but they will still do a lot of damage. Golems can't do that. The only useful one in 1.10 is Clay golem. With just one point he will serve as your tank with built-in slow ability.

9. staindbtc5622

YAY thats sweet stuff,. thx bro, ima start my second elemancer then wid max Poison Nova, Max Mages + Mastery, Holy Freeze Merc, 1 Clay Golem and have Lower Resist on at all times. w00t

10. Mad Mantis

Have fun. Come back if you need advice/want to brag.

11. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Fire Mastery on the Trang's Set will not help the Fire Golem will it? What about Corpse Explosions? I'm really pretty sure it won't effect your fire using Skeletal Mages?

12. Invictus_prime

Invictus_prime IncGamers Member

Why not use Trangs with + skills weapon as a switch? That way you don't need to use 20 skill points in the Fire Golem and still get some fire damage.

For your main weapon why not use a throwing dagger and lightning charms? That way you fill the whole spectrum, minus magic.

or

use Trangs, a lightning merc, and a holy Freeze IG?

or

use Trangs, invest in Bone Skills, use poison charms with a throwing dagger, Lightning merc, and a holy Freeze IG for the whole Spectrum??

There is more than one way to skin a cat. I prefer using a bat.

13. Mad Mantis

No, the FM from TO is just a bonus to help out the skills on the gear. It does not help the CE, Golem or Mages.

14. staindbtc5622

Tho the fire skills r nice, Im trying to rack up as many +skill items I can find, which I think would be better for an all around Poison + Mage dmg. I mean having the need to Lower Resist monsters, then Poison Nova, CE, Fire Wall is just a lil too much, + the Trang set is pretty impossible for me to get. Id stick with buffing my poisn n mages for now and see how it develops. :lol: :lol:

15. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

FM should increase any firedamage you do from fire charms or damage on a fire weapon. I'm surprised it doesn't work with Corpse Explosion.

16. Mad Mantis

Sorry.

(10 characters)

17. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

It's still debated whether it doesn't or not. I'll test it for sure with my 1337 haxor SP skills, consisting of atma and 40 anni charms. If that doesn't prove it, nothing will.