Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.10 and it's pansy players

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by inc.leviathon, Feb 2, 2004.

1. inc.leviathon

inc.leviathon IncGamers Member

1.10 and it's pansy players

This is not intended to be a flame, though it may come off as one. For anyone with half a bit of skill who plays this game you know what im talking about. I try to find full player games to exp and mf at the same time with my paladin. The problem is in hell I do not enjoy joining games where people quest because it makes me feel like an ***. Next logical step is join Baal run games, the equivalent of cow games which I used to join and exp solo. Problem is that 80%, and that is NOT an exaggeration end in about 30 seconds - 1 minute. 1) If a sorceress isnt there to teleport people just leave. 2) If any single person dies, anywhere, even in a different act, everyone immediately leaves the game. 3) If a blemish or a smudge on someones screen resembles a black soul, they yell "souls" and everyone leaves. It is utterly pathetic watching these pansies play. I can easily solo the worldstone keeps, baals minions, and baal in full player games, but people are just too damn lazy to put any effort into it at all. Only thrill I get is watching 7 poorly built chracters all die at the same time to a pack of venom lords and I go in after they leave and kill them effortlessly. I guess im just venting and trying to say put some damn effort into it because your pansieness is not helping me exp any faster :p

2. WindGuard

WindGuard IncGamers Member

my lord your problem is very easy to solve......... just play solo!

3. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

some people just dont have the reasources for godly characters.. we all start somewhere.

i know that when i started the ladder.. everyone eventually woudl hit an area that was hopeless.. and it was a players advantage knowing when to just move on.

4. disci

disci IncGamers Member

Get bunch of friends online and play pw'ed games with them. Easy :)

5. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

It's simply the same old case of most bnet players suffering from low IQ. A lot of people just don't understand the game, even for something as basic as resists. So lets say they try a Baal run and some black soul easily owns them. If this problem is so common and the solution is so simple, how come so many people still have trouble with it?

Don't get too worked up on this. Just keep your expectations low.

6. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

To ice.leviathon,

Well, it's not always true as you said. In Hell, there are two types of death.

1) Careless death. You just get too much into the game, forgetting to look at your life orb. Press ESC and start again, not a big deal.

2) A group of enemies is particularly tough. Almost all players are killed and the tp is tightly guarded by monsters. This is likely to happen if you see a whole bunch of Blacksouls or OK's in the WS keep. I think the most stupid thing you can do in this situation is to go back to where your body is and try to get the lost exp back. It DOESN'T work. What you will find out is that you will die for so many times and your experience bar goes all the way to the left. For people above lvl 85, it's a BIG DEAL. Also, many players highly rely on their gear. So make a new game and get your gear back. Losing 10% exp is still better than losing 100%.

I'm a necro. Personally I'm sick of Blacksouls, but I don't just run away if I see any, especially in a party. I would try to dim vision curse them, but oftentimes the boss can't be cursed. It takes the boss Soul 2~3 shots to kill me, which is still pretty sick. So,

This is kinda pathetic. Walk together. Someone's obsessed with crazy lvling. It's up to you.

It depends on the situation. I saw a lvl 80 sorc die in Normal Act 4. But, if you see 4 players die in a row. Hmm, think about quitting the game.

Just leave. Souls don't appear in every game. I won't bother with them unless I have maxed lightning resist.

7. necro34

necro34 IncGamers Member

I hear ya ice. In certain situations, yeah, sometimes its best to leave a game. BUT, I think it would be nice if the party examined what kind of chars were in the party. If I play my necro and if I see Black Souls, I use Dim Vision, no more problem. But many times, even before, I can cast it, people just quit.

8. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

yeah when things start to go wrong, people leave
    my best games have been where a sorc tp's to the throne, but even those have ended up with tons and tons of monsters outside her town portal, and we all just tend to leave after we die once, because the xp and gold loss is waaaay to much

9. Jomero

Jomero IncGamers Member

I did a lot of Baal runs last night and I would say about 80% of them were ones where the entire party was running the worldstone keep looking for the throne (even a few sorcs). And this just wasn't one group of people that I was sticking with. No, 80% of all my games were people who were running it.

I've found all you have to say is, "You guys coming?" after you use the waypoint and people will come. Sure, some people take off. But quite a few people will tough it out and run it. Not everyone is n00bish.

Quests, however, I haven't had a lot of good experience with players. If you ever want to do quests legit (like looking for all of khalim's relics) you'll get looked at funny like you just grew a hand out of your nose.

-Jomero

10. tl998

tl998 Banned

Well...nlack souls may be speical. I have 75% light resist inhell, and I still need to quaff full rejuvs when I run into a pack of black souls in hell. One hit takes like 1/6 of my life away or more.

About getting khalim's will...if you ever want to quest together to get it on USWest my account is *Angel_of_heaven. I like to mule it to new characters since it's a level 1 weapon with dual leech and ridiculous IAS.

11. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

You find an easy time in Hell. Couldnt it be that you're playing a castor character that has the most powerful-spammable attack in the game, and because of his skills, allows him to easily maintain 75% block with little into dexterity, pumping massive points into vitality and thus granting massive life?

12. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I play in 1.10 the way i played in 1.09. I avoid baal runs like the plague just as i did cow runs in 1.09 because they contain the absolute most stupid, greedy, backstabbing players that can exist on battle.net. I join quest games (flame away) and go solo in my own area such as the pit, flayer jungle or act5. If i see that the people in the game are dying repeatedly i offer to help but otherwise i solo in such games until the # of players becomes too small for decent experience.

13. Tyrrel

Tyrrel IncGamers Member

Souls are ridiculous

85 lightning resist and 1200 life. You would think that would be enough, but it isn't. Souls still wreck me, one of the reasons I still haven't done Izzy.

I agree with the original poster. It drives me nuts when people take off of a game when I am hacking my way to the Throne. I appreciate a teleporting run, but people that demand it are lazy and selfish.

14. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

HAHAHAHA....

aw man that was good for some laughs.

Dear Mr. inc.leviathon,
    I am currently playing non ladder, questing every class through hell baal and above level 80, using pre 1.10 found gear. I'm having quite a fun time with 1.10, and my entertainment is further enhanced by my good gear. I have played this game for over 2 years, and I knew EVERYTHING about 1.09. Of course, I am still learning 1.10, but so is everyone. (btw learning I mean things like leech caps, dr caps, monster damage to players, monster damage makeup, damage rollovers, etc... all of which changed with 1.10)
    Let me fill you in on my current situation. I'm on character 6 of 7, an assassin. ALL of my finished characters (Barb, Pally, Necro, Sorc, Zon) have AT LEAST 900 life (I shoot for 1k), 25% DR if melee (10% on necro and sorc), and maxed hell resists (excluding poison). All of them are nicely equipped. Ill give one example: My Frenzy Barb has a 15% ias 6% Arreats, 15% ias shaftstop, dual shaeled schaefer's, Imp Brow amulet, Corruption Grip ring, 249/20 raven, fully upgraded soul spurs, Soul drain gloves (waiting for 1.10 IK gloves to go with...), IK belt. Inventory is full of +life and +max/AR charms. He has max hell resists cept poison which is like 40 or something, 30% DR, and about 3.5k life. He is level 86. This is ONE of my FIVE FINISHED characters.
    This barb cannot do Hell Baal runs, even SOLO. NONE of my 5 characters can. How did I quest them through hell? Well lets just say it cost a lot of gold and time. I am going to build a hammerdin as an 8th character that will HOPEFULLY be able to do baal runs. But as of right now, ZERO of my FIVE well equipped, well planned, well played characters can solo hell baal.
    Lack of knowledge? No. Low IQ (as someone said)? ..... lol. Lack of good gear? No. So either shut the hell up, or call me a pansy and tell me what I'm doing wrong. As it stands, Hell Baal runs are HARD.