Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[1.09d] Andariel Quest drop bug

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Marcelo_20XX, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Marcelo_20XX

Marcelo_20XX IncGamers Member

I recently began playing classic again at patch 1.09d (last without those damn sinergies) and I am totally at lost since I had been playing LoD for the most of part of my Diablo II experience...

The question is: Is Andariel bug present on classic Diablo II patch 1.09d? or it was only on LoD since 1.10? I ask this because I want to farm NM Andy or even Hell Andy since there are only 3 unique rings on Classic and there is no need to focus on NM Andy, thanks in advance and it is my first post on the forums so hello to everyone...

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You can easily check that yourself.

Bugged Andariel cannot drop magical items, except it's not otherwise possible. That means, all magical weapons and armor have to be failed set items (meant to be a set item, but there is none of that kind). These will have double durability then. With other words, if all magical drops from her with a durability score have double durability, the Andariel bug is occurring. Bugged Andariel also isn't dropping stuff like scrolls and potions. She is dropping gems and runes, however.

3. Marcelo_20XX

You know, there aren't even bugged quest drops even, all I see is garbage drops all the time...
    The first time drop quest DOES indeed exist, subsequent attempts at trying to get the quest drops fails, I mean by killing an act boss in a game created by a char that didn't got the quest and had the Act Boss killed by other char thus making impossible for the game creator to complete the quest, but I need confirmation from someone here...

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

My understanding is that the first kill drop wasn't added until 1.10, so no bug would exist in previous versions.

5. Marcelo_20XX

OMG, that makes sense, to confirm this I will need to browse the mpqs and open in Afjsheet editor the TreasureClass.txt file which I was trying to avoid...

So this makes MFing really really hard on classic since I was farming non-stop for 6 days now and I didn't found even a 5% of good uniques or sets that by now I would have found on 1.10 LoD which was the version I was always played...

6. Whitering

Whitering IncGamers Member

Just an update if you ever look at this again. 1.10 also applied to "classic" adding synergies and the like, also the quest drop. So, yes, you can still bug her in Classic as of 1.14D. Generated TP, Warriv-A2, leave game.

Also, to point out, NM Andy in classic is not high enough level to drop SoJ. She has a higher level in LoD because of a 5th act pushing up her level to account for it. NM Meph is the one to farm in classic for SoJ, but you can only quest bug him (after 1.10 as stated), by making the game with someone who has done the quest, and the person killing him not having done the quest; this leads to a quest drop every time.