Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.09b Superchests?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Timinator, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Timinator

Timinator Diabloii.Net Member

Just looking over the 1.07 thread got me thinking about this. It might be a good way to farm runes to be used for 1.10beta runewords.

Unlike 1.07 you can do the players command available. I know when running cows people used to do players 64 for a lot of experience. That got whitled down to players 8 in 1.1x. Would that mean there might be 32 combinations to experiment? or maybe just the 4 of 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8.

Plus some of us old timers have better geared 1.09 characters than those in 1.07. I have Matriarch sorceresses in both, but would find 1.09 easier going.

Anyway, can anyone tell me if this has been done before? Or would HF rushing be simpler to get an Ohm/Sur built up in the beta.

Thanks in advance!

2. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I don't think we came to consensus on this regarding how many settings differ, but I guess we'd have to test /p8 and /p9+ to compare. Would take a lot of work but as soon as there is a pattern match for mid+ runes (with 2+ items) we could be reasonably confident that /p9+ behaves identically to /p8.

It's worth a shot, in theory, though 1.07 already has great LK patterns (2 vex, 1 Lo, 1 gul) and a vex in RoF as well as amazing racks ofc.

3. jimsfriend

jimsfriend Diabloii.Net Member

If no one else test 1.09 chests it's a thing that I would be interested in testing "eventually".

Timinator and pharphis like this.