Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.09 Superchests thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by helvete, Mar 1, 2017.

1. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Made this thread because I wanted one. I want to click some spoiler tags and see what runes can pop from superchests generally, and LK especially, in 1.09d for one thing, but 1.09b would be REALLY interesting with its higher players settings. Is there a difference between players7 and players23? And if there is, is there some oddball setting which turns out 4-5 HR patterns while other settings have none whatsoever?

Currently kinda busy building characters and gathering items the legit way, so I don't really have the time at the moment, BUT! I'd love to see what @Treeharl and @GalaXyHaXz and others who like this sort of datamining can come up with!

Go go go ;)

pharphis likes this.
  2. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

To start... do we have ANY patterns for 1.09? did RobbyD or someone run LK at all?

3. Treeharl

Treeharl IncGamers Member

@helvete what a fun idea! I would love to participate! First of all I want to see how many people do want to datamine in here because expecially if we do multiple player settings we need alot dataminers in here. Expecially if playersettings are different. But first what would we like to know? Do we want Ohms and Surs for beta bramble + beta Cta only or do we want a full scope of all runes in here? Before I start I want to find the missing seven patterns on p5 ROF because I have claim to defend there because I said "its a waste of time". That will take another 10000 keys I guess, just for 7 patterns ^^.

What I propose is logging everything from Thul+ so we can confirm matches as soon as possible.

4. pharphis

I think the most important thing is to compare p8 and p10 to see if they're the same. 1-2 duplicate mid-rune+ patterns should be sufficient to prove they are identical, IF they are.

5. Treeharl

I think we should rather be looing at the outermargines @pharphis meaning p8 vs p64. If we get one confirmation between those two it is all set in stone if not I guess we need 10 dataminers for this quest.

pharphis likes this.
  6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Yes... YES! This is exactly what I wanted to trigger with this thread. From very limited personal experience, I'd say that there is definitely a difference between players8 and players20 which is what I had the time to empirically test at the time.

What I hope for is that one players setting will yield significantly more HRs above any other one, which is possible if indeed every other players setting from 1 to 64 has a unique set of drops. Like players13 vs players55 or something.

Imagine a 1.09 players setting with like 3 ohm and 1 ist pattern. Pretty nice way of farming beta CtA while getting 5FRWSCs at the same time?

At least confirming "breakpoints" would be nice, like if players12 is the same as players8 but players14 to players20 is the same etc etc.

Timinator and pharphis like this.
  7. Treeharl

Alrighty I go try tomorrow some p64 with my custom setting. I have some minor "issues" with preparing. Could you two gather me some data (500 runs each) from p8 lowerkurast? Just post every pattern Thul and above.

8. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz IncGamers Member

Hmm, the only thing worth it would be players 64. 1.07 had far better rune drops, 1.08/1.09 had worse drops than any other patch. Your best off mining runes in 1.10 beta if the beta runewords is what your after.

EDIT: I will simulate some players 64 LK runs sometime this week.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  9. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

Hmm interesting. So do 1.10 beta patterns match any of the other known ones? I don't care where I get the runes as long as I can make the shinys one day

10. GalaXyHaXz

The patterns are based on the drop tables. iirc 1.10a/s had the same drops as the final and should give the same patterns. 1.10-1.12 should ALL have the same patterns. I can look at the tables later. Either way, 1.09 has piss low chances of anything past Pul, about 2-3 times lower than 1.10. So I wouldn't bother. Even with the Countess special going up to Vex.

EDIT: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runes.shtml
    They haven't updated the rarity info since 1.09. See "extremely rare runes" and you'll believe what I said ;)

EDIT 2: Just looked at the tables. Finding a Mal in 1.09 is slightly more rare than finding a Zod in 1.13. Also, you have NO CUBE RECIPES past Thul in 1.09.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  11. pharphis

Is there actually any data on 1.08 LK or RoF drops? I understand this version was played for 6 months or so before 1.09 (maybe longer too lazy to check) but I don't know if this was back when anyone knew about superchest mechanics at all and if people would have recorded it or even if screenshots that old exist FROM superchests. 1.08 might be worth testing as well (imo it would be since racks are in SOME ways better in 1.08 than 1.07)

Timinator likes this.
  12. GalaXyHaXz

1.08 only lasted about 2 months if i remember. I wouldn't bother unless you wanted to rack items. 1.08 has the same chances as 1.09 but NO players command. So its even worse than 1.09.

13. GalaXyHaXz

If you guys would be down for farming 1.07 superchests, I can make a mod which will add the players command in. I think 1.07 LK/RoF might not be too bad.

14. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

That's outside of the FAM I think? If anyone was to do it, ideally if you are doing it, you want them coloured so you don't miss anything.

Personally if I get 2xohm and a Sur in the betas or before I'll probably be happy and move onto the next thing

15. GalaXyHaXz

As said before, your best off doing p8/LK in 1.10 beta rather than 1.09. Your chances would be better. If for whatever reason you want to stick to 1.09, than 1.07 will sport the best runes (assuming players 8).

Btw, adding in the players command is basically no different then running 8 windows and joining a tcp/ip game. It just saves the CPU and hassle. ;D

16. pharphis

It would be cool to find out out of curiosity I guess, but it's not at all reasonable to make 3+ player games via mp to farm superchests. It's so time-consuming, and since it's not FAM to use a p setting command, not worth the loss of possible sweet drops/time other than testing :p

17. GalaXyHaXz

I'm down for at least stressing some p64 runs. Years back I ported the p command to 1.08 and did some LK runs (was trying to rack 08 Valor). Didn't have much luck tho.

18. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

What I'm saying is that since each players setting (maybe) has its own drops from superchests, is that we COULD stumble upon a setting where you'd get a HR every 2-3k runs on average, like in 1.10 where there's two surs and a ber with /players8

19. Treeharl

Okay I got everything working, expect atleast 50 patterns today from Ral+ on p64

20. Treeharl

Well it seems the rune droprates are pretty bad, even on p64! I used 800 keys which translates to 6.1% total patterns hit and logged all Ral+ (lower kurast patterns). When calculating you find a good value of 45% every chest which is way lower as our current 85/140 value at p8. The drops are truncated btw as I matched 1 of the Amn patterns and Hel #1.

Here are the first 53 patterns.
    1.09 analysis.jpg