Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.09 sorc build help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by JihadJesus, Apr 12, 2008.

1. JihadJesus

JihadJesus IncGamers Member

1.09 sorc build help

I've set up my dual install, and I'm all ready to build my HF rush sorc....except that I have no idea what she should look like, having never played much 1.09 myself. In browsing the HF rush threads and guides, I've gathered that tri-elemental is a good idea, masteries aren't really necessary to max, and just about any high-level killing skill will work. I'm thinking something like this right now:

20 Nova
    5+ Static
    5 LM
    20 Hydra or Fireball
    5 FM
    20 Blizz
    5 CM
    rest into teleport

This would give me a lvl 10 teleport at lvl **, and from what I can tell it should be pretty quick to level to that point doing cow runs since the exp punishment for 1.09 isn't nearly as bad as what I'm familiar with.

I've also heard that some skills that are quite weak in 1.10/1.11 like Nova and Hydra are very good killers in 1.09, so I thought I'd use them there since I may never make a hydra build in 1.11, for example. I'm open to using Fireball or meteor if that won't work, but I thought it'd be kinda cool.

Does this look like it'd work, or should I prioritize two elements and just have an 'emergency' in the third in case of a dual-immune Lord deSeis?

2. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Re: 1.09 sorc build help

If this is 1.09 CLASSIC (easiest imo)....:

Frozen Orb is the best cold skill, honestly. You could max Blizzard if you want but Frozen Orb is way better in all aspects.

You'll need 20 in Teleport. NEED. In 1.09 mana pots aren't sold, there aren't too great items to compensate, and 90% of the rushes will be you just teleporting.

I put 10 into Nova and that worked just fine. Honestly though, could have done without it. Static Field was the godsend, 10 in it was great. Most of your runs will be just racing to the act bosses to kill @ p8 (with max rush chars). In classic there are no static field caps which is amazing, so static them to a sliver and finish with Frozen Orb/Nova(in the case of Duriel).

You could get a skill in the third tree but it's a huge waste of points imo. All you really need once you start rushing is 20 FO/5-10 Static Field/20 Teleport/X some other skill (nova/firewall would prob work fine). I have a Firewall staff which works fine to deal with any of those rare dual immunes.

I'm rushing in 1.09 Classic with a 62 Sorceress that I built along these lines. After a few Meph runs, she did fine.

3. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

I agree with a tri-elementalist approach, and I also agree to go with orb instead.

Blizz is uber in 1.10+ because of synergies, but gains no benefit from other skills in 1.09. Orb is greatly superior to blizz in this respect.

I would ignore hydra and fireball and go with firewall or meteor. Ten points in fw with one in mastery and some +skills can go a long way, nova is good, but is also a mana hog.

1 Point in ES is actually VIABLE, in 1.09, and putting points in energy is a desirable thing because of this, but don't sacrifice too much.

I think the magical number for teleport is 24, where it turns into a mana cost of 1, so shoot for that for an easier time.

4. JihadJesus

Am I right in thinking I can level to 80-85 pretty quickly in cows? I don't mind the little bit of extra time if it'll let me have three full-bore attacks and a cheap tele. I also think Nova is overkill when static works so well and is more all-purpose - maybe 10 or more static for a hefty radius and a 1 pt chain lightning to kill off the crippled pack? That'd lead me to...

10+ Static (max if I get enough levels)
    1-5 chain lightning (how much would be enough?)
    1 LM
    20 tele
    1 ES
    20 Orb
    5 CM
    10-20 [FIRE ATTACK]
    5 FM

One thing to keep in mind is that since my computer absolutely sucks, I want to keep the screen-clogging fire animations to a minimum in order to actually run 8 instances of the game. Meteor's pretty much out here, and probably hydra too now that I think about it. Fire wall is not something I relish using - is Fireball viable, since I'll probably only be using it against a (static slivered) Duriel and possible a dual-immune deSeis while rushing? If not, I can probably just use a 10 pt FW for finishing Duriel and dealing with an LI/CI spawn, even if I don't like the skill very much.

And, how does ES work in 1.09? Flat-out mana becomes life? If so, I'll just pump energy and maybe add some extras to warmth as well.

5. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

It would take a while. I'd say a reasonable level for 1.09 classic is 75-80 though. I ran Meph & Hell Cows a few times and managed to get to 62. Pretty low, though.

Other than that, my advice stands. Looks like you really want that tri-elementalist thing there but I really think it's just inefficient. I would suggest either Nova or Firewall, not both, as those are the only skills that would do any real damage to an immune De Seis or Duriel. For a dual immune De Seis as I said, a Firewall staff works fine.

As an added note, Nova is great for leveling. 2-3 shocks can clear an entire group of monsters til you get Frozen Orb. Leveling through normal is PAINFUL as a Sorceress because of the lack of mana pots (you should finish normal around lvl 25 and run cows til 30). Nova greatly helps in this regard. Not sure if CL or FW would be any better, but I'm guessing Nova is just all around more efficient beacuse of CL's randomness and FW's awkwardness.

6. Magicboy

Magicboy IncGamers Member

FOFW

(Doesn't this look familiar? :rolleyes:)

7. JihadJesus

I guess I'll go

20 orb
    20 nova
    20 tele
    5 static
    10 FW
    1 FM
    1 CM
    1 LN

With the quest rewards, that's be about lvl 65 or so.