1.09 questions.

Beoron

Diabloii.Net Member
I have been bouncing between a few patches and had some 1.09 questions.
1. First, how do the higher player commands interact with drops? I know in 1.09b you can do up to 64, I imagine a decent character could manage in the teens fairly well, and I wonder how that compares to p8.
2. I have heard quest drops for act bosses is a newer feature, was this in 1.09?
3. Does lightning fury carry anything, CB for example, but lightning damage?
4. Are there any good crafting recipes? I recall having 11 life steal rings on realm back in the day, I think they were crafted in 1.09.

Any help is appreciated!

WoRG

Diabloii.Net Member
Not exactly a 1.09 expert, but:
1. Not entirely sure, but the biggest effect higher /players settings has on drops is by reducing the nodrop chance, and its already pretty low at /p7-8...I seem to recall you're facing pretty bad diminishing returns here...
2. Quest drops were added in 1.10
3. Don't think so...
4. 1.07 is the patch known for super-high lifeleech rings, but I believe it would be possible to craft a blood ring in 1.09 that had 11%LL (8%LL from 'of the Lamprey' affix + 3%LL from the automod). It would require a fairly high level character to get the ilvl up to 78+ so you could get the Lamprey affix, tho...

WoRG

GalaXyHaXz

Diabloii.Net Member
1) it was Cofirmed awhile back that no drop maxes out at players 21

4) crafting is better in 1.10+ with cruel affixes and such. 1.09 is known for the 3 socket magic sword recipe (2 sockets in newer patches)

Beoron

Diabloii.Net Member
Not exactly a 1.09 expert, but:
1. Not entirely sure, but the biggest effect higher /players settings has on drops is by reducing the nodrop chance, and its already pretty low at /p7-8...I seem to recall you're facing pretty bad diminishing returns here...
2. Quest drops were added in 1.10
3. Don't think so...
4. 1.07 is the patch known for super-high lifeleech rings, but I believe it would be possible to craft a blood ring in 1.09 that had 11%LL (8%LL from 'of the Lamprey' affix + 3%LL from the automod). It would require a fairly high level character to get the ilvl up to 78+ so you could get the Lamprey affix, tho...

WoRG
Good to know. Looking at your crafting guide it seems, even if you don't get a bugged lifeleech ring, that 1.07 is the place to craft rings for 1.09 use, those automods are nice. Thanks for the reply!

1) it was Cofirmed awhile back that no drop maxes out at players 21

4) crafting is better in 1.10+ with cruel affixes and such. 1.09 is known for the 3 socket magic sword recipe (2 sockets in newer patches)
I was actually reading a thread after posting this where you and some others were testing LK drops with 1.09 player settings, that was interesting, I didn't realize it worked the way it did. Yeah, I remember rolling a lot of colossus blades/swords back in the day. Thanks for the info.

This looks nothing like 1.09 questions. There are 4 I can see :D
:p