Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.09 MMAN Necro Progress/Observations and Blackrog's Sharp socketing question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by RobbyD, Sep 1, 2010.

1. RobbyD

RobbyD IncGamers Member

1.09 MMAN Necro Progress/Observations and Blackrog's Sharp socketing question

OK, My 1.09 Melee/Minion Arty Necro is in Act 3 Hell (not a death yet, though a single hit from a decreped Hell Duriel with full Bone Armor active emptied the red bulb - it was a close call), and here are some of my thoughts so far:

- Against non-PIs, this is a killing machine. Nobody makes a Merc shine like a Necro. Amp + Might is just crazy. CE is only used situationally (roach babies, etc.), Revive is much preferred to keep the posse fresh.

- If you invest good items in your Iron Golem, it's better to go P8 than P1 because the IG is actually pretty fragile in P1. Spineripper makes a nice IG base.

- The Melee part of this build adds to the fun if you aren't reckless - I stack poison delivery to work with the Poison Dagger - Blackrog's Sharp, Venom Grips, Toxic/Anthrax charms to end up with some respectable damage - even on P8, I see monsters die several seconds after a stab. But you don't want to be in the fray - his stab is slow and often inturrupted if he's crowded. A good example of the benefit of the Melee element is the ability to go tank a mummy while the crew deals with the skeletons.

- PI's really slow this build down, but the crew (merc + IG + Revives) is surprisingly durable, so LR + Bone Spear does eventually work, even on P8. That being said, the AOE of Bone Spear is really narrow, so I've decided to pump Poison Nova as a second direct damage skill for the packs of natural PIs.

Now to my question:

What to socket in the Blackrog's Sharp? Options I'm considering are:

- Amn Rune (though Venom Grips provide life leech)
    - Shael Rune (but he stabs so slow, I'm not sure how much this will help)
    - Eth Rune (I'm pumping Dex for Hommy blocking and Poison Dagger has a modest AR boost, so I hate to use the Eth bug to put all that AR to waste)
    - pEmerald for more stacked poison damage
    - pAmethyst for AR
    - Jewel - ED is a waste, but some AR and elemental damage make this one interesting:

Code:
    Argent Jewel of Thunder
    Required Level: 49
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 90
    Fingerprint: 0x6f73677b
    +89 to Attack Rating
    Adds 1-91 lightning damage

This would give the Sharp almost the lightning damage of the Stormspike to help with PIs.

Any thoughts on this option for the Sharp, or other suggestions?

2. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Re: 1.09 MMAN Necro Progress/Observations and Blackrog's Sharp socketing question

Assuming the german weapon speed calc is right, a Shael would only bring Blackbog's Sharp up one frame from 13 to 12. Cinquedas has...

IAS/FPA
    0/15
    8/14
    19/13
    35/12
    58/11
    99/10

Since it comes with 30%, getting yourself an extra 28% from somewhere(Two IAS jewels, maybe with a second mod) you could jump up a couple frames per attack.