Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.09 Mercs

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TheNix, Feb 24, 2004.

1. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

1.09 Mercs

I am working on a 1.09 Burazon and Whirlybarb and I am unsure what merc to use for them. I almost always use a Rogue and I am most comfortable with them. I could possibly use a Rogue with Barb, but I don't think she would do a thing for the Burazon. The options with her are a might, blessed aim or holy freeze mercs. What are the best mercs for these builds? Thank you in advance.

2. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

Unless you want to use the 1.09 Rogue bug, I'd go with a Might merc, for either or both characters.

Incase you don't know what the Rogue bug is... Equip your rogue with +3 to Amazon skill levels, and you will soon find out :) (she shoots lightning hoses)

Z_O

3. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Well with the Burazon you'll use GA for most bosses so you wont have an AR problem. So it depends on your attitude, defensive minded, take a Holy Freeze. If you think the best defense is a good offense, take the might. I always used a Holy Freeze cause I'm a big chicken.

4. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Oh yes, I know about the lightning hose. My Overlord runs through the Hell Cows with lower resist, lightning hose, 11 revives and 12 Skelly Mages. :lol: The only problem is getting the Rogue close enough the the cows.

5. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

Might merc all the way for a barb.

Burizon - just about whatever you want here, IMHO they don't really need a merc at all :p If I had to take a merc, I'd probably go might over HF over rogue.

6. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

I just tried out the +3 lightning hose on my 1.09 Rogue merc on a Mephy run- the hose is very short distance - I usually clear out Bremm and his pack in the middle from the right flank and her hose doesnt even reach over that little distance when youre standing right on the edge and when it did hit a Fire Lord the hose didnt seem to cause much damage - does anyone know the damage done?

7. vajurewi

I just tried out the l. hose bug. How much damage does it actually do? I did a Mephy run and what she shoots doesnt even seem to reach any critters unless she is right next to them. I usually clear out Bremm and his pack in the middle from the right flank and her hose didnt even reach them when we were on the closest edge of the platform...

8. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

9. vajurewi

lol , thats exactly where I learned about this bug too. AE writes that the +3 to skills produces the bug, and lists various items as +3, +2, +1 skills etc - whats weird is the Kuko Shakaku is a +3 to bow/crossbow skills item, but that by itself does not give her the lightning hose - it doesnt work until she has +3 to all skills I guess - I swapped in a Peasant Crown and Skin of Vapermagi and Magewrath to add up to +3 total skills and then it works.
    oh well.

sorry about the double post earlier, the forum when blank-ey on me when I posted