20 Skeleton Mastery
20 Raise Skeletal Mage
1 in the other eight skills

Curses tree:

1 Decrepify
1 in Lower Resist
1 Prereqs

Poison and Bone tree:

20 Corpse Explosion (current at level 11 with +4 to skills)
1 Bone Spirit (obtained befor maxing corpse explosion)
1 Poison Nova (obtained befor maxing corpse explosion)

Necros level is 62 (or 61) in hell difficulty and has a thorns merc. Bone Spirit and Poison Nova are utility spells to help kill the first few 'recruitment' victims. Necro has +2 Magi (wand with +2 necro skills and +2 magi bonus), +4 to necro/all skills and +2 to summon skills.

Seems to me this is prety optimal, so any thoughts on what to do with the remaining skills? Note: skeletons and revives will not be maxed, because maxing them doesn't fit in the theme. Also, the three remaining curses were never used in my previous version, because they seemed to be unneeded (using lower resist al the time).

Any input/criticism/comments/bashing/etc is apreciated :thumbup:

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: 1.09 Lord of Magi sugestions wanted.

I'd say max Lower Resist as well. And since you'll already be using Lower Resist, you might as well put any remaining points in Poison Nova.

I don't have any experience with 1.09 though! :azn:

Thorham

Diabloii.Net Member

I'd say max Lower Resist as well. And since you'll already be using Lower Resist, you might as well put any remaining points in Poison Nova.
Good idea. But should I max lower resist and corpse explosion at the same time, or one first and then the other? However, poison nova is only a utility spell, so unless someone can come up with a very good reason to spend more points in it, it's going to stay at one point.
I don't have any experience with 1.09 though! :azn:
Generaly, 1.09 is less tough than 1.10+ (as far as I know). I'm playing it, because you always get one summon per spent skill point (difficulty is not an issue here). And there are no synergies in 1.09. Thats all really (as far as this build is concerned).

Thanks for the input :thumbup:

Any more ideas?

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Fire golem wasn't necessary. I guess bone armor is good in 1.09, since it doesn't need synergies to be useful there.