Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.09 Fury Druid bug?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Wolfgang Abenteuer, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Wolfgang Abenteuer

Wolfgang Abenteuer IncGamers Member

1.09 Fury Druid bug?

So in my ongoing quest to get an untwinked pat/mat of each class in 1.09 prior to moving to 1.10 (and doing it all over again :grin: ) I'm working on my Druid. Favouring melee builds over magic builds and considering how much I heart Zealots, I went with a Fury build. However now that I have Fury up to level 4 I've noticed a problem with him. His attacks and his attack animations are desynched. Basically he attacks and does damage faster than his animation indicates and before I can start another Fury I have to wait until the last one finishes its animation. He finishes his damage output by the animation of the third swing and must wait for the final two 'ghost' swings to finish before I can use it again. Suffice it to say this is most annoying and certainly affects his effectiveness. I'm using a Brutal Great Axe and no IAS gear - only IAS I have is from level 10 Feral Rage (and the Fury bug happens, although to a lesser extent, even when I don't charge it up). I'm on level 33 and just entered A5 normal, so I'm really not looking forward to finishing the rest of the game if my attack speed is going to be capped out at a certain point which is far less than what it should be.

Is this a 1.09 only bug? I checked the changelogs for patch 1.10 and I see no mention of this being fixed so I'm guessing it's either still there (which I doubt, given the amount of Fury Druid fans there are here and I've seen no mention of this on the forums) or I'm just very (un)lucky. :tongue:

~Wolfgang

2. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

I played 1.09 for two years and never read something like that and never happened to me something like that, I too got a fury druid back in the day and my attack animations and damage done were synched.

Probably a problem which is one-time only?

3. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

It's not only 1.09, all druids have this problem. I don't know what causes it and I don't know what makes it go away. However, getting your wolf (skill) level up helps as it gives faster attack, Feral rage should help and getting a fast weapon with IAS on it should help (IAS outside of your weapon doesn't do much). Otherwise it's there to stay.

4. Wolfgang Abenteuer

Wolfgang Abenteuer IncGamers Member

Hmm, well that's kind of a bummer then. But if some people have it and others don't then maybe it'll eventually go away for me too once I get a different weapon or something. *shrugs*

Thanks for the responses guys.

~Wolfgang