Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.09 Burazon help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TheNix, Mar 7, 2004.

1. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

1.09 Burazon help

As I am still out of D2 action and I decided to do a bit of character planning while I'm waiting for my new CD drive. :hanky: I searched through my warchest of muled items and have found:

Lycander's Flank
    Ceremonial Pike
    Two-Hand Damage: 144 to 333
    Durability: 16 of 25
    (Amazon Only)
    Required Dexterity: 98
    Required Strength: 115
    Required Level: 42
    Spear Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 90
    Fingerprint: 0x2b178f4e
    +20 to Strength
    +20 to Vitality
    +20% Enhanced Defense
    +178% Enhanced Damage
    +25 to Minimum Damage
    +50 to Maximum Damage
    9% Life stolen per hit
    +2 to Amazon Skill Levels
    30% Increased Attack Speed
    +2 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)

I was thinking that this would probably be a good weapon switch. It only need five more strength points than the Buriza and the investment of one skill point in Jab, or perhaps 3 points to get Fend. What have other Burazons used in the second weapon slot? Any thoughts?

2. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

well, its hard to imagine much the monster that can't be brought down with the burrito cannon, but if you are planning a hybridzon (part bow/xbow part jav), which is quite viable in 1.09, most people will use a javelin instead of a spear. lightning fury (LF) is an excellent skill that will literally mow down cows like so many fragile blades of grass in 1.09. with Titan's revenge on a weapon switch, maxed guided arrow, maxed LF, ~5-8 in each of the dodge skills, and a bunch in valkyrie, you will have a very happy healthy amazon. :thumbsup:

3. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Try a Physical Immune Ghost in Act 1 Hell, 1.10--Buriza barely scratches 'em; I have to have a Hellrack on weapon switch in order to take 'em down.

4. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

well, he was talking about 1.09 where the fire arrow bug converts all of your (massive) physical damage into fire damage... bye bye ghosties. even PI, FI bosses are doable because of the large amount of cold damage on the Burrito. in 1.10 its a different matter, so you'd probably want to have another skill (immolation arrow, freezing arrow) on stand-by for PI monsters.

5. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I was relying on the Fire Arrow bug in convunction with the cold damage on the buriza to deal with PI's, perhaps with the IA as well. Is this bug in both 1.09b and 1.09d? I play 1.09b and I believe that it should. I'm not really looking at a hydrid, just another string to my bow, no pun intended :lol: , to deal with those little meanies that tend to swam you from time to time. I know the speed restrictions of my weapon of choice and am looking for a backup. Fend??

6. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I had a buriza zon back in 1.09, she was so boring, using the GA and FA bug, I could kill everything before they have any chance even get close. if you play 1.09, use the GA bug, it is the most powerful weapon in game!!! The only few death I could remember were all involved me counting how many hits a single GA shoot could do (normally 4 or 5) without look around and keep shooting.

7. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

The title of the thread's a paradox in itself, 09 burizons need no help. :lol:

8. Liter Soul

Liter Soul IncGamers Member

It all depends on what you're doing. My Burizazon was a rusher, so I had Spellsteel on her weapon switch for Teleport charges.

9. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

And i know better to get great glovez
    Da greena "Claglaw pooncers "
    and da Mask da rare Blakthhords !!!

click for guide

That Lycander's on switch would be fun, if nothing else. Like the guys say in 1.09 you don't really have too much to worry about with that character, so you might as well go with a backup attack that adds some variety to your game.

10. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Yes, I read that thread earlier, Durf, but I had difficultly translating it. :lol: I've got a brand new CD burner in my computer and I'm going to get Bonnie_Parker, my Burazon, up to the the required level and unlesh my anti-tank on the unsuspecting baddies. *laughs evilly* I like your teleport option Litter Soul, I think I'll look in to it.