Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.09 Amp Damage and PIs

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DariusTriplet, Dec 4, 2018.

1. DariusTriplet

DariusTriplet IncGamers Member

Does Amp Damage not break PIs (namely, Stone Skin bosses) in 1.09? My LF/GA Amazon is using WWS as her bow, since I figured that the CTC Amp would handle PI bosses easily. However, when Amp triggers, the curse doesn't appear over the monster, and they're still PI.

My 1.09 knowledge is a bit rusty, but AFAIK Stone Skin in Hell results in 100% physical immunity (global 50% + bonus 50%). It seems like the flat -100 physical resist from Amp should cut right through this, but it doesn't seem to. Does Amp just not work against PIs in 1.09 at all? If not, is Fire Arrow still the go-to for elemental damage, or do the other elemental arrows (Magic, Cold, etc.) also get the same damage conversion?

2. sudomasochist

sudomasochist IncGamers Member

Amplify Damage and resistance-reducing effects in general don't break immunities in 1.09. Fire Arrow is an option but it will work better with a higher physical damage bow than Witchwild String. If memory serves, some people back in the day also used Pestilent weapons and charms. Shocking weapons socketed with jewels of Thunder are another option but you seem to have lightning damage covered already.

3. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

DT! Good to see you again. Got Buriza? I'm sure that weapon inspired Yondu in Guardians of the Galaxy