Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.08 News, Info and Gossip

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by GalaXyHaXz, Oct 22, 2017.

1. PindleScratcher

PindleScratcher IncGamers Member

2. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz IncGamers Member

Well historically, it wasn't just 1.08 but the entire Expansion which received backlash (many people quit after the 1.07 beta test). It broke many existing characters and ruined the economy with the demise of gambling. Arguably, more people quit playing after the expansion then 1.10 (which also broke existing characters).

On another note, I did a few cellar runs and found this gem.
    It has automods unlike in 1.09+. Mine had +2 bows skills (gets +1-3). Also, 1.07 players will never find it =)
    mavbow08.jpg

Timinator, TedDeeBoy, Grape and 3 others like this.
  3. Memberwind

Memberwind IncGamers Member

Nightmare Cows - IK HELM

Offer

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. Memberwind

Pindelskin rewerdet me with glory i thing i name it FINE HAMMER OF AWESOMENESSES NOT QUITE SURE OF!

Attached Files:

5. GalaXyHaXz

@Memberwind glad to know I'm not the only one who plays this cursed patch. Be sure to give the Icy Cellar a visit if you're looking for the optimal place to farm. Remember that Pindleskin has broken drops, and thus doesn't have the special MF bonus like in newer patches.

ioupainmax likes this.
  6. Memberwind

For me 1.07/1.08 and 1.09 = Diablo 2 at its finest. I've decided to play 1.08 rather than 1.07 because the possibility to find that few items like WF (yea i know) etc. Also racking in 1.08 is better than 1.07 a little. I dont care about OP charms that exist in 1.07. Hunting for items what you have already name of, like shako 1.08, valor 1.08, gaze 1.08... I know about broken MF from your first post so i dont apply any of it to my character. My sorceress is at level 76 and today i've done hell. Nova and Firewall is the way she's fighting, going build from your guide. You are my mentor here, and i'm greatly appreciate your hard work for explaining how the things works. I'll be posting my progress here, and you're not alone in quest for getting the holy grail of patch 1.08 the windforce. Good luck to you and godspeed.

MizzouFTW, GalaXyHaXz and ioupainmax like this.
  7. GalaXyHaXz

Awesome. Nova and Firewall is definitely the way to go (and Fireball too). My Firewall sorc has 12k damage so it melts everything. I agree with you that D2's finest hour was the pre-1.10 expansion days. I took a break and been playing 1.09 as of late, but plan on getting back into more 08 grinding for that accursed Windforce!

8. sudomasochist

sudomasochist IncGamers Member

Greetings and thank you for taking the time to compile so much information on the forgotten child of Lord of Destruction patches.

I got D2 classic on launch day and played LoD when 1.09 was current. Since then I revisit the game from time to time and, from this forum, learned about time traveling. Windforce is more tempting than 1.07-specific items personally so I dusted off an amazon from classic for 1.08. That character worked well enough for farming armor/weapon racks and getting a sorceress started which I've been hitting Hell Act V with in the hopes of a golden hydra bow dropping.

A bug that may be worth noting is one that I believe also exists in 1.07. Unique two-hand weapons with "adds min-max damage" attributes don't actually get the damage bonus. Here is Magewrath as an example missing the 35-75 damage listed in its description:
    [​IMG]
    and Doombringer suffering from the same problem with higher one-hand maximum damage than two:
    [​IMG]
    Kelpie Snare and Stormrider are two other items affected off the top of my head. Eaglehorn may also be broken in the same fashion should anyone be planning on putting time into farming for one.

Lastly, a small victory in the unending hunt for loot. As an item that can be farmed from armor racks, it's not a big deal but still only the second elite unique to drop "normally" for me thus far in 1.08, the first being Messerschmidt's Reaver.
    [​IMG]

Thanks again for starting the thread. Finding correct information is one of the big challenges of 1.08 and what you put together should be very useful for anyone else playing this patch.

9. joeyecc

joeyecc IncGamers Member

Hello everyone!

I would like to start an 1.08 project and I have a question.
    There is a patch for versions 1.00 and 1.07 (extended singling, made by GalaXyHaXz) which greatly increases the performance of the game in modern PCs (CPU loop fix, multiple windows etc.). I would be very happy to have this patch for 1.08 as well as I would like to do multiplayer games in order to simulate Px, but I do not want to kill my PC with the 100% CPU usage.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

/E: so obviously I did not read the first post. Singling is there. Sorry for that!:D

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  10. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Can you gamble uniques in 1.08 btw? In 1.07 you can't.

Having gambled a lot in 1.13 I know how hard uniques are to come by, especially elite ones (not that you are after those anyway when gambling in 1.13).

1.08 would be a different story. Just a thought...

11. joeyecc

joeyecc IncGamers Member

I have a problem. I have downloaded 1.08 Singling from the link in the first post, replaced the old files, and this happens after character selection:

[​IMG]

Can some one assist?

/E: I am using Bliss Version Switcher, so I copied the new files into D2\Expansion\1.08 folder.

12. WoRG

WoRG IncGamers Member

Ok, so I tested, and Fruit's discovery that in 1.07, runes have a (temporary) ilvl in the game session they drop in (it gets wiped upon S&E), and that this ilvl adds to crafting levels DOES apply to 1.08 as well! This means that crafting levels CAN go up to 99! Unlike 1.07, 1.08 has the FULL range of crafting recipes, including Greater crafts and Deadly crafts, this means that any rune from El - Mal (except Thul) is a crafting rune!

@Fruit: GalaXyHaXz provided a lot of info in the first post, but I didn't see a list of Treasure Classes, and I know they are somewhat different for 1.08...any chance you can provide one from the game files?

WoRG

Fruit, Zyr, sir_cyclops and 2 others like this.
  13. sir_cyclops

sir_cyclops IncGamers Member

Sorry for my time-travelling noobness, but could you give examples of a couple best-case possibilities of items that can now be crafted in 1.08 (specifically that could not be in 1.07)?

14. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

High pdr/mdr on boots belts gloves with chance for great random affixes comes to mind. 25fcr amulet, but not with +2 I think.

sir_cyclops likes this.
  15. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

+2class skills CAN spawn on 1.08 rare amulets, and thusly 1.08 crafted amulets. No +3skilltab though...

Greater Safety rings could be pretty sweet, but must be muled by chars as ATMA really doesn't like them (will delete most, but not all, affixes from them... so still have the ring, it's still a crafted ring, but will lose all but 2 or 3 affixes when saved in ATMA)

Also, a Greater Caster Belt could get 15%FCR as automod, which would be pretty sweet. Too bad it's a Troll Belt (seriously, how many casters have that much strength?!)

sir_cyclops likes this.
  16. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Pretty much anyone with enigma or spirit monarch?

sir_cyclops likes this.
  17. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

Yep, exactly! Cheesy cookie-cutters only, which will likely prefer modern stuff anyway....

It's really only egregious because Greater Safety Belts are Spiderweb Sash....

18. Fruit

Fruit IncGamers Member

Well I'm not sure if you meant that you actually wanted the raw treasureclassex.txt file, it's not really convenient to read, but I've uploaded it as a sheet here to Google Drive where you can just download it. If you meant something else, let me know.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 1:06 PM
  19. Tatterson

Tatterson IncGamers Member

So whats the benefit of running cows in 1.07 compared to 1.08? Of course you split some of your items to another version, but you get access to all kinds of crafting recipes

sir_cyclops likes this.
  20. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Are jewels more common?

sir_cyclops likes this.