Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.08 News, Info and Gossip

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by GalaXyHaXz, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

If the best of your 1.07/1.08 items are even remotely close to the caliber that you showed us from your 1.00 finds...

We need some pictures! :)

Wasn't it you who posted the crafted 6/40 maiden javs? That was super stylish.

fearedbliss, pharphis and GalaXyHaXz like this.
  2. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz IncGamers Member

Lascivia began her journey today up to Mount Arreat. After multiple agonizing attempts and one death, the Ancients were beaten. She proceeded on to the Lord of Destruction himself. But he was not without preparation! Several minions were MSLE and had to be lured far from their lord's grasp. After which, Baal was fought with valor. He had fallen after only a few minutes, succumbing severe burns to a maxed out Fire Wall.

Once in all her Matriarchal glory, Lascivia went back again to become even more stronger. She melted and zapped the terrible horrors that await in the Icy Cellar. While her journey is far from complete, she has made a notable start.

TC87
    [​IMG]
    TC90
    [​IMG]

3. GalaXyHaXz

Finally got around to creating a neat, printable doc file for the runewords and crafting recipes (1.07 versions will be made later). You can find the link in the resources section. The data was copied from the arreat summit, but there were tons of typos and such that had to be fixed. For example, Deadly recipes use base defense and not %. White (runeword) actually has the same stats as 1.09, meaning Leaf is the only runeword which changed.

So it never occurred to me until looking through for typos, but has anyone seen the stats of the crafted Elite Safety Shield? Most of the Safety recipes are disabled in 1.07, so I'm assuming since few people play 1.08 no one has noticed. Look at that 25% magic res, the max is like 10% in newer patches:
    Code:
    Magic Monarch (most Sorceresses will have the str for this one)

+(20-50)% Enhanced Defense
    Magic Resistance +(10-25)%
    Magic Damage Reduced By (3-10)
    Damage Reduced By (6-15)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  4. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Does that refer to actual magic dmg? That's interesting.

5. GalaXyHaXz

Yes, although I'm not 100% sure if MR% or Integer reduction comes first. I think it's %.

This would be really helpful where in pre-1.10, your magic res is lowered by 100 in hell. Definitely could help against Baal and De Seis. If brought forward it could also have potential use, being more than twice as powerful as the nerfed version. Might help in Hammerdin PvP, etc..

And finally a 5os Colossus Sword dropped. Went straight on my merc, although it's a shame half these stats don't help them until 1.09:
    [​IMG]

fearedbliss and pharphis like this.
  6. zemaj

zemaj IncGamers Member

1.08 Saftey shield was on my to-do list back when pvp was a more happening thing... Specifically for melee duals against Zerkers, but potential use against Boners and Hammerdins. Most uses depended heavily on how it was actually implemented, but in theory, with the right affixes and a good automod roll, could be quite something. Really would have been something from 1.07, with 3os and magic only affixes... Max of one socket is the real heartbreaker there, though.

I'll be interested to hear how it goes if you do roll some.

7. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

your screenshots just say [​IMG]

8. GalaXyHaXz

9. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

ah works now :)

10. GalaXyHaXz

Gee finally, first rack I ran for about 1200 runs with nothing. Just came back to a new rack today, and it only took 200 runs. I'm starting to think that the frequency of unique/magic drops of a rack do vary based on the map seed. I.e. one map, a rack will drop magic 10% of the time and another only 1%.

Sorc should be much stronger now, going to head back to the Icy Cellar for a few more runs.
    [​IMG]

Tatterson and Timinator like this.
  11. GalaXyHaXz

Took a week long break and played 1.00. Got back into my Windforce grind today with a couple rack runs. Probably the quickest rack ever--only took 4 runs, everyone who had to do thousands will be jealous :D
    [​IMG]

All I want is a damned Windforce, not something 3x more rare:
    Rare Sacred armor -> 1:950,000
    Windforce -> 1:320,000
    Tyrael's Might (1.10+) -> 1:400,000
    [​IMG]

fearedbliss and pharphis like this.
  12. BKC

BKC IncGamers Member

was it any good that sa?

13. pharphis

You kept it, right? :p

14. GalaXyHaXz

I didn't keep it or take a screen. It had something like:
    + Poison Length Reduced by 50%
    + % Enhanced Defense
    + 20 to Life
    + 10% Cold Resist

Definitely the best armor I've ran across!

/rant/
    If they had kept it so rares could get all affixes, then it could have been good. 100 life+4 sockets with 4 other mods??!

fearedbliss likes this.
  15. GalaXyHaXz

My oh my, this thread has sullenly faded away... for those of you 1.07 players looking to cube unique jewelry, here's the table. Perfect odds are for 1.08 only. Everything assumes the optimal clvl (between min and max), odds are 1 in x. Rarity is the the number of times that item will spawn when uniques of the same type exist.
    Code:
    Odds of 36% Stone of Jordan -> 744,000 (3,630,000 in 1.07)
    Odds of 36% Raven Frost/Dwarf Star -> 122,400
    Odds of 36% all Eye of Etlich -> 3,240,000,000
    Odds of 36% all Saracen's Chance -> 5,184,000,000
    Odds of 36% all Cat's Eye/Crescent Moon -> 6,480,000,000

...better start keeping gems o_O
    [​IMG]

imakeigloospat and pharphis like this.
  16. GalaXyHaXz

Three bits of info here...

Mavina's Caster - Grand Matron Bow
    So I've decided to add both Eaglehorn and Mavina's Caster to the grind. Eaglehorn is superior to the later versions while Mav's Bow is the same as 1.09 BUT spawns with class mod +1-3 Bow skills. Although it's inferior to the 1.10 version (no partial bonuses), it would be great in 1.09 for a Mav Zon.

A little information--Class specific items use a different divisor for Unique/Sets. They have a much better chance of that quality than regular items. Although sadly it takes around 1500 MF to force sets. But finding one in the Icy Cellar is doable.

Act V Mercenary - One Hand Sword+MSLE
    After a recent discussion, a little known fact was brought to light. Due to the damage formula, 1-handed swords do more damage than 2-handed on Act V hirelings. This means a great weapon for 1.07/1.08 Act V mercs would be a Lightsabre. It is a swift and powerful 1 hand sword, with 30% Light Absorb (which helps them tank MSLE). This is important since they cannot leech. This could potentially be better than Grandfather, in that regard. So imagine Lightsabre+Blackhorn+Gbane... They would be very tanky.

New LK Pattern
    I wish I had a bunch of these in 1.07, but still helpful nonetheless:
    Screenshot001.jpg
    Code:
    Act III Super Chest Patterns (Players 1-2)

Rune      Item 1              Item 2              Item 3              Item 4              5+ Items?    Player Name/Post
    Fal
    Lem
    Pul
    Um
    Mal
    Ist #1    War Scythe          -                   -                   -                   No           GalaXyHaXz/#36
    Gul
    Vex
    Ohm #1    Ancient Shield      Scythe              Short Spear         -                   No           GalaXyHaXz/#16
    Lo
    Sur
    Ber

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    pharphis likes this.
  17. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Ist and Ohm.... Pretty good for 1.10s CtA.

GalaXyHaXz and pharphis like this.
  18. pharphis

why do 1Hers do more dmg? That's pretty strange.

19. PindleScratcher

PindleScratcher IncGamers Member

Why is Wizardspike included in 1.08 Grail? It has same stats as 1.09. It had +95 Res All in 1.07 (45+50 double bonus).

20. GalaXyHaXz

Because unlike 1.09 unique odds are as bad as <=1.07, but unlike <=1.07 magic find doesn't work. This makes elite and even exceptional uniques extremely difficult to come by. The Grail was written with the intention of an "if". The only item worth grinding for is Windforce, and the other items are an "if" you stumble upon them in that process. All of them are very rare, just look below:
    Code:
    Wizardspike
    1.08    0% MF -- 1 : 82443    Pindleskin - [H]
    1.09  300% MF -- 1 : 7753     Pindleskin - [H]
    1.10+ 300% MF -- 1 : 5392     Pindleskin - [H]
    Windforce
    1.08    0% MF -- 1 : 322658   Pindleskin - [H]
    1.09  300% MF -- 1 : 31945    Pindleskin - [H]
    1.10+ 300% MF -- 1 : 21896    Pindleskin - [H]

I've put maybe 3 months total of my life into this forsaken patch and still haven't seen a single elite unique (maybe ~15 exceptionals). One high rune (Sur) and that's it; and the chances of that ever happening again is less than finding 2x Windforce.

The reason this thread gets buried is because no one has the time or sanity to run Pindleskin 14 hours a day for half a year--only looking for ONE item. It's not like you MF for a handleful of goodies, no, your doing it for one single item. It's a sick joke :eek:

(BTW, back in 2002 a legit 1.08 WF would sell for $1000-$2000 on eBay)

helvete likes this.