Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.08 arreat vs 1.09 arreat

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by evolutionxii, Mar 15, 2004.

1. evolutionxii

evolutionxii IncGamers Member

1.08 arreat vs 1.09 arreat

which one is better?

the mods on 1.08

adv:
    the 1.08 arreat got the -15% target defenese, that goes with every hit
    +25% boost on def
    +% max dmg

disadv:
    low def
    lack of 30 FHR
    leech

but isn't that the -15% target def and + dmg good in pvp and better than 1.09's assuming you have 48%FHR in your stash.

Please comment.

2. evolutionxii

could someone pls comment? any opinion?
    Hal, what do you think on that?

3. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Have patience young Padawan. Not all people visit the forums 24/7 ^_^

Afaik all 1.08 items aren't allowed in closed duelling, so if you plan on using it there, forget about it (if I'm right ;) )

But just looking at the stats of the item:
    -1.08 stats:

+2 To Barbarian Skills
    -15% Targets Armor Per Hit
    +0.5 Max Damage per Clvl
    +25% Enhanced Defense
    +30 Life
    +1 To Warcries

-1.09 stats:

+150-200% Enhanced Defense(varies)
    30% Faster Hit Recovery
    20% Bonus To Attack Rating
    +2 To Barbarian Skill Levels
    3-6% Life Stolen Per Hit(varies)
    All Resistances +30
    +20 To Strength
    +20 To Dexterity
    +2 To Combat Skills (Barbarian Only)

As you can see, +20 to str/dex, 30 res all, 30%fhr 20% AR, all those bonuses combined is a LOT better than the -15%defense, the +max dmg and the defense boost. Well imo anyway, but I guess Hal or someone else will confirm my stance on this issue :p

4. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

I've always used a .08 AF in privet duels but that could just be depending on the realm you in.

Pre 1.10 patch i would tell you go with the .08 all day long and honestly I may do it again. I've been using only .09 AF so far but I have ran into many people using a 08 and claim to hit more. Now I'm not going to go and suggest it as I have yet to do any real testing with it, I still have to work up the balls to clean out the socket job on my AF. Legit self found 40/15 max in my slef found 08 AF. So I'm probably going to pick up an 08 and throw it on a barb who has dex for 99 but is only 90 and just spend the day dueling a few chara types multipul times with both helm and see what hits more and which carries a higher success rate. I believe my results are going to say, 09 vs magic, 08 vs phys though

5. evolutionxii

Thank you for all of your input. i would love to see your test results on .08 or .09 AF. Pls let me know ....

I just tried the .08 and .09 AF on some public pvp games, I did really well with .08 AF, especially for barb vs barb & barb vs pally. I think 0.8 is better considering I have max res, enough str and dex and 48%FHR

But I still would love to hear more comments from other people.

^_^

6. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

I have done EXTENSIVE testing with .08 and .09 arreats. .09 arreats is definately better for several reasons. 40 stats 30 fhr 30 res higher defense as well as more ar. In my testing I found that I hit more with .09 arreats which is probably due the the small ar boost. Now the problem with .08 arreats, is yes you do slightly more dmg (but its really minimal) however your losing a good 200+ base defense around 1k ar, not to mentino -15% target defense, which while equivalent to eth rune bug in pre 1.10 is basically -7.5% target defense in pvp application. And when you compare this number to the defense you've just lost it evens out. So now all your left with is small amount of extra dmg, however when you take in the 40 stats into account there really isn't a big difference. And when you weigh this with the extra defense res and fhr of .09 arreats its really a no brainer.

7. evolutionxii

Thank you for your comment. I guess my only concern would only be the -200 def considering I have max res and 48% FHR. the -15% target def from 1.08 + -25% target def from botd, that's a total of 40%, taking into account that it's basically -20% target defense in pvp application. But still, imagine you are reducing your enemy -20% def per hit. I 've found that is unbeatable.

Regarding the def, I think I can upgrade other items to compensate the lack of 200 def there.

any other thoughts?

8. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Arreat's Face 1.09 no contest. I still believe it is the best barb helmet in the game.

9. l2aider1

l2aider1 IncGamers Member

Just want you to take into account, that I used to use .08 arreats, and as soon as I switched to .09 arreats, I got ALOT better.

10. BT-LightDash

BT-LightDash IncGamers Member

i would say 08 arreats=09 arreats
    but for hybrid barbs/throw barbs,08 arreat >09 arreat since throwing weapons can't have eth

i personally use 08 arreats and have used/tried 09 too

11. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Crap, sorry man, I didn't notice that addressed to me; it's been a busy week. Anyhoo, the others have pretty much managed to answer your questions. I personally side with l2aider's judgement in most scenarios, since he does a lot of pvp gear testing in general. I remember about 3 or 4 months back he started trying out .08 compared to .09, and was originally liking it better, but after awhile, came to the conclusion that .09 was the superior helm. I've no reason to doubt his jchoice.

While it's a close call for you, since you already have max resists and 48% fhr, I'd still lean towards .09, since it saves you 40 stat points, has more defense, and gives you an extra +2 combat skills, which helps damage and ar for your barb.

-Hal

12. evolutionxii

Thanks hal for your comment as well as the others. I thought you did not want to comment on this as I guess this may have been addressed before. But anyway, thanks!

I guess I am going to do more testing on that and keep you guys posted because I am still in favor of .08 arreats.
    =)