Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.08 - 5 of 7 - Patriarch Oste_Arawn

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TheNix, Jun 14, 2015.

1. TheNix

TheNix Diabloii.Net Member

Patriarch Oste_Arawn, the P&B Necro. (Again!!)

Level: 73

St – 58 (62)
    Dx – 25 (25)
    Vt – 229 (229)
    En – 143 (143)

HP 1120
    Mana 696

B.Spear: 240 – 248
    P. Nova: 581 – 615

Resists:

Fire: 75
    Cold: 75
    Ltning: 75
    Poison: 75

Skills:

P&B
    B. Spear: 20/29
    P. Nova: 20/29
    CE: 1/10
    B. Armour: 1/10
    B. Wall: 1/10
    Teeth: 1/10
    P. Dagger: 1/10
    PE: 1/10

Summoning:
    F. Golem: 19/27
    I. Golem: 1/10 (Wand)
    B. Golem: 1/9
    C. Golem: 1/9
    G. Mast: 1/9
    Resists: 1/12 (Wand)

Curses:

One in each (11)

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

Lesser Caster Wand +2 Skills, +3 Summoned Resist
    Visceratuant with pdimond

Weapon 2:

Not used (forgot to use!)

Harlequin Crest with Um
    Skin of the Vipermagi with Um
    Trang-Oul's Claws
    Lesser Crafted Caster Boot
    Greater Crafted Safety Belt
    Rare ammy with +2 Skills & life
    Bahamut's Ring & bugged MPK ring

Merc – Level 79 (Act 5)

Guillaume's Face
    Duriel's Shell with Um
    Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge with Shael

Random musings:

After coming to realise that my Bone Wall was a viable target for my merc and my undead army, I needed a rapid rethink about what I was going to do with this build, so I decided to remake my 1.07 necro but without the nonsense of conserving both stat and skill points. This was a complete eye-opener. Between 1.07 and 1.08, the necro’s curses no longer broke physical and elemental immunities. This had an incredible impact on the power is the build. Although I cannot be a hundred percent sure of this, it appears that Lower Resist no longer works on magic resistance. I really didn’t notice any difference with the killing speed of my Bone Spear whether or not the Target was cursed. These changes really neutered this build. In 1.07, I was able to Pat the character with 200 odd stat points and 25 skill points unused. In 1.08, Poison Nova and Bone Spear became backup skills in general play and I reverted to Revives, AmpDam and CE. Thankfully Decrep still breaks PI or else I’d be visiting the proverbial creek without the right equipment.

Again the merc was worse than useless for the majority of the game. I had intended to use an Act 2 Thorns merc in conjunction with sacrificial skeletons, but after swapping my Normal merc for a Nightmare merc so as to get the Thorns aura I wanted, he remained a Prayer merc until I swapped him out for the Hell Barbarian. All in all it might have been better to keep spoon-feeding my Normal merc it hopes that he may have coughed up a Thorns aura at some time, but I wasn’t to know. Equipment wise, I found a Visceratuant early in 1.08 (it has +2 Necro skills pre 1.09) and decided to make a build around it. Blocking is useless, so dexterity stayed at base and the gear I had planned had low strength requirements, I was free to go mad with Vitality. With Bone Spear being less effective than in 1.07 I had to use a lot more of them to get the job done, so Energy became well fed as well. To answer that question of whether you can rolls +2 skills using Lesser Crafting, the answer is a definitive yes! It took less than 20 attempts too.

So, two more to go! Both my Assassin and Barb are parked at clvl 20, waiting for the right gear. I can use my Cruel Truncheon again for my Barb, but I’m hoping for a better one-handed weapon. Still after some nice claws for my assassin as well.

BBS_Agonistes likes this.
  2. BBS_Agonistes

BBS_Agonistes Diabloii.Net Member

Bummer about the nerfed curses, but it seems that you still finished easily! I enjoy reading about this lesser-played patch.

3. TheNix

TheNix Diabloii.Net Member

I suppose it was easy, but it was also frustrating at times. I just kept remembering how smoothly the build played 1.07 and how clunky it was in 1.08.

BBS_Agonistes likes this.