Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.08 - 3 of 7 - Patriarch Geomanger – Vitatrainementalist

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TheNix, Apr 20, 2015.

1. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Patriarch Geomanger – Vitatrainementalist

Level: 75

St – 50 (50)
    Dx – 25 (28)
    Vt – 370 (370)
    En – 25 (38)

HP 1408 (2012 after Oak Sage)
    Mana 474

Armageddon: 565 – 615
    Hurricane: 274 – 299
    Tornado: 393 – 403

Resists:

Fire: 75
    Cold: 75
    Ltning: 75
    Poison: 75

Skills:

Armageddon 20 (28)
    Hurricane 20 (27)
    Tornado 20 (27)
    Dire Wolf 12 (18)

Firestorm, Molten Boulder, Fissure, Volcano 1 (8)
    Arctic Blast, Cyclone Armour, Twister, Raven, Spirit Wolf, Grizzly, Oak Sage, 3 vines 1 (7)

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

Hierophant's Cudgel of Tornado
    Chromatic Large Shield of Light with pdiamonds

Weapon 2:

4os Hunter Bow with pemeralds (not used)

Harlequin Crest with Um
    Skin of the Vipermagi with Um
    Magefist
    Rare Plated boots with FRW (that I forgot to change)
    Greater Crafted Safety Belt
    Caster Ammy with +1 skills
    Bahamut's Ring & bugged MPK/FCR ring

Merc – Level 79 (Act 5)

Guillaume's Face
    Duriel's Shell with Um
    Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge with Shael

Random musings:

I had originally thought of going down the fire side of the elemental tree (hence the name) with Arctic Blast and big furry meatshield as backup, but I hated the cooldown so much I quickly dropped that idea. So I went for the tried and tested Tornado/Hurricane build and backed it up with Armageddon. I had all my equipment ready before I started mister Geomancer and none of it required many stat points, so I just kept feeding more and more into Vitality. I invested in the vines as much to get rid of dead bodies as much as for the added life/mana stealing. Of course, Oak Sage was a no-brainer. With all those points in Vitality, Oak sage kept me well ahead of the game HP wise. Tornado/Hurricane combo worked so well I really only use ‘geddon on the larger CI and bosses. I put my remaining points into Dire Wolf, mainly because they were better in general adventuring, but it did feed more HP into Grizzly who was my "go to" for bosses.

Having a six second cooldown on both Hurricane and Armageddon and a ten second duration meant that I could have two going at once and still be able to cast Tornado and/or summon friends. The power of this build just seemed to grow and grow to the point where Act 5 Hell was a cakewalk. I was easily able to tank the Ancients and Baal, keep my merc well fed with fat purples, cast Tornado, replacing any summoned friend that died, all while keeping Armageddon going. The only problem with this was the build was a bit of a pain in the arse!! It was powerful, safe and I suppose it was fun, but I always seemed to be waiting for six seconds to finish. I was always kind of hanging, just waiting to cast Hurricane/Armageddon again. Sometimes I’d jump the gun and press too early and break the rhythm. I suppose it is a tiny complaint in what was a killer build, but it just took the edge of the fun.

And then there was the Teleporter curse. It seemed that all important monsters from late Nightmare onwards were able to teleport. I didn’t note all of them, but in Hell Ismail and one of the other Council were teleporters, as was Helphasto, Talic and Lister. Ismail and the other one were all over Trav and I was chasing them all the way. If it had been in 1.07, I would have had to have save and try again.

2. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

Congrats on the awesome Pat! In a world without synergies... Armageddon, Tornado, and Hurricane, oh my! I'm glad to hear it was powerful, too.

3. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

@SunsetVista To be honest I think I prefer the game without synergies.

4. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Nice, very interesting build. I think I would get overly annoyed with trying to keep armageddon and hurricane going at the same time with the super short duration.

Did you find that Armageddon actually hit things or that it just had lucky shots? I never had much luck with it outside of it being extra damage every now and again.

Also, agreed, the world without synergies was a different and amazing time.

5. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Nice character!

However, I am disappointed that it had nothing to do with trains :(

I like that synergies make you choose what powerful skills you want. It wouldn't be as fun if my sorc had a fully synergized lightning, fireball, and blizzard or a necro with skellies, bone spear, and poison nova all at the highest 1.10 + power.

6. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Lucky shots on smaller creatures mostly, but the larger bosses seem to get hit more regularly.

Pyrotechnician likes this.