Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.08 - 1 of ? - Matriarch Rekool_eight – Flaming Sparkler

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TheNix, Jan 4, 2015.

1. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Matriarch Rekool_eight, the almost Tri-Elementalist.

Level: 73

St – 90 (110)
    Dx – 25 (25)
    Vt – 305 (305)
    En – 35 (46)

HP 920
    Mana 577

Fire Wall: 7589 – 7662
    Charged Bolt: 63 – 70 @ 23 Bolts
    Glacial Spike: 51 – 59

Resists:

Fire: 75
    Cold: 75
    Ltning: 75
    Poison: 75

Skills:

Fire Wall 20 (27)
    Fire Mastery 20 (27)
    Charged Bolt 20 (25)
    Lightning Mastery 13 (18)

Warmth, Inferno Blaze 1 (6)
    Static Field, Telekinesis, Teleport, Frozen Armour, Ice Bolt, Ice Blast Cold Mastery 1 (5)

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

Rare Orb with +2 Skills
    Prismatic Large Shield with pdiamonds

Weapon 2:

Magic Wand with Level 2 Lower Resist charges
    Chromatic Large Shield with pdiamonds

Arch-Angel's Coronet of the Mammoth
    “Um” Skin of the Vipermagi
    Magefist
    Rite of Passage
    “Safety” Spiderweb Sash
    Rare ammy with +1 Skills & Resists
    Bahamut's Ring & bugged MPK ring

Merc – Level 79 (Act 5)

Guillaume's Face
    Sazabi's Ghost Liberator
    “Shael” Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge

Random musings:

I’ll start with a caveat, after struggling to get to Act 3 Hell I threw in the towel and grabbed a dozen or so 1.07 items and brought them forward into 1.08. Much to my shame!!

The mercs are broken in 1.08. Very broken. When I got to clvl 50 in mid Hell, I noticed that my Town Guard merc was only lvl 40. After a lot of going back to early Hell and letting the merc make all the kills I eventually nursed him up to level 55 and then the big break occurred. I noticed that to get to merc level 56 I had to get over 4 million XP, at the time he had only 2 million XP. I cried! Below is a screen shot I took.

http://i.imgur.com/AjO2SoS.jpg

At level 55 with resists in the low 20s, he was cannon fodder and died whenever one of the monsters looked at him sideways. I eventually made it Act 5 and looked at the mercs and bloody hell, they were in the high 70s for their levels. Needless to say I hired one straight away, but even though I hired him after freeing the Barb captives, he didn’t receive a single XP for the rest of the Act. Broken!!

I had plans to make Rekool a Tri-Elementalist, but I thought that with an unreliable merc I’d prefer two powerful abilities rather than one with a couple of back-ups. I started maxing CB first and that pretty much took me through all of Normal and well into Nightmare, by that time FW was cranking up nicely. Freezing with GS and burning with FW became a profitable venture, all nicely backed up with CB. Beautiful I thought. It was Hell when my merc problems kicked in and I was starting to get into problems. After two hours racking Hell LK with only a pair of green boots to show for it, I decided to raid my 1.07 stash and just took off. I don’t really need my Town Guard at all, but a level 79 Barb was never going to go astray. So, one 1.08 character down. Will I continue with a 1.08 Sept? Ask me later!

2. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

congrats on your mat! i think that in 1.09 the mercs were the same. i don't have a good recording from back then.

3. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

congrats! Thanks for sharing your merc experience, that's good info for those who also want to play 1.08!

4. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I've got a level 95 character and merc from 1.09 and although they were slow to start leveling, they did keep up with you once you got them up to speed.