Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.07 socketables?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ScionOfStorm, Aug 6, 2010.

1. ScionOfStorm

ScionOfStorm Diabloii.Net Member

1.07 socketables?

So one of my ideas behind matting a sorc was to rack for eth socketables. I managed to get an eth champion sword which I need for a RW in 1.13 for my barb.

Though the question may seem stupid, but...
    how do I move it to a 1.13 stash legitly without it losing its damage bonus? Since I see many people racking for such bases it must be remain when transferred into newer patch.

Ex. if I have a 1.13 stash called socketables, I can't put it in it and use it, because the versions are different. A 1.13 character cannot use it because it's in a 1.07 stash.

I'm puzzled o_O

2. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas Diabloii.Net Member

Re: 1.07 socketables?

IIRC You can create a 1.07 character in-game, put the items you want to transfer forward on him, load the game in 1.13 and open the character in-game.

3. Ladvarian

Ladvarian Diabloii.Net Member

This works, but how I know of another way, but I'm unsure how the forum feels about it.

Create a character using ATMA, making sure that the character you create is 1.07 from the version box. Then copy the items over to him. Save him and copy the .ds2 file over to your 1.13 install save folder. Then open him up in 1.13. Other than using ATMA to create the character it is the same. How does the forum feel about using ATMA to do this. I've heard this is done in trades. Using ATMA to create a mule character to e-mail someone, but I want to make sure so that if I give this advice it is the correct way. Thanks.

4. jdkerr

jdkerr Diabloii.Net Member

Both approaches are equivalent: pressing "new character" in ATMA and pressing "new character" in D2 produce the same character. Regardless of how you do it, just load the 1.07 items on the 1.07 character, then open the 1.07 character in 1.13c to move the character -- and the items in his or her inventory -- forward to 1.13c.

5. ScionOfStorm

ScionOfStorm Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, both are equivalent, since both make a naked new character, on which you can mule the items and after that delete it for example.

Thanks for the clarification guys, much appreciated! :)