Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.07 pitbarb/at sorc

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ziambe, Jul 24, 2019.

1. ziambe

ziambe Diabloii.Net Site Pal

After an extended amount of hours in 1.07, I have been thinking of ideas for new activities. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried building a pitbarb or blizz sorc specifically for running the pits or AT?

Obviously a pitbarb is going to suffer without enigma and in 1.07 a lot of crucial gear is missing; that goes without saying that these ideas imply more of a fun than 'efficient' way to play.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

2. zemaj

zemaj Diabloii.Net Member

Both of those areas didn't get buffed to alvl85 until 1.10.

Between that and broken Treasure Classes, most conventional area run type mfing will have best results in act4 or act5 Hell, specifically River of Flame/Chaos Sanctuary and Ice Caves/Nihli halls. I suppose the "portal-to-hell" sub-levels in act5 are also viable, but I really don't recall ever checking thier alvls. Or cows... it's really hard to beat cows pre1.10 if you can stand it. (I personally don't mind cow runs, the absurdity and surrealism tickle me still, on some level)

DariusTriplet likes this.
  3. WoRG

WoRG Diabloii.Net Member

@zemaj is right... the Pit is only alvl73 in 1.07, and AT is alvl83, which doesn't sound bad, but all of Act4 and Act5 are alvl90+.

RoF is alvl93, Chaos Sanctuary and the Cow level are alvl94, the Act5 ice caves are alvl95, WSK and Abbadon/Infernal Pit/Pit of Archeron are alvl99 (at least), while Nilly's Halls are alvl99/100/102!

Also, most mobs in these areas at least have a chance to drop from up to TC66, but nothing over TC57 can drop in the Pit, and nothing over TC60 from AT.

WoRG

4. Tears85

Tears85 Diabloii.Net Member

As you guys where talking about the 1.07 "Arealvl" 85s:

May I ask which ones are dangerous and which once aren´t? Is Nilathak dangerous?

What I can add is that the Frozen River has no Lightning immunes!

5. zemaj

zemaj Diabloii.Net Member

@Tears85
    Well, its 1.07 so any random boss could spawn Teleportation, MSLE or Extra Fast Extra Strong and ruin your run. Or just 3x or 4x immune... That said, proper gear/skills for the area you plan to run can make it much better. If you stay alert and focused during runs, that will make it much better as well.

As for Nihli, I'd say HE is actually less dangerous than in modern, provided he doesn't have corpses around (CE will instadead you). The levels getting to him are about equal in terms of difficulty since there are no guest monsters, so no Viper-poison-clouds-of-istadead, but Frenzytaurs and Succubi are quite a bit nastier. BUT, and this is a big one, there are racks in Nihli's halls, so you could hit them for a possible good find, then clear the area for XP and RNG hail mary, which is my preferred method (I really dislike focused racking... I'd rather work it into something more like playing a game and less like repetitive tedium).

Tears85 likes this.
  6. Tears85

THx alot for you´re answer! I´m playin HC, so I´m not scarred about a ruined run! What I was afraid of was CE, and u just gave the answer!

7. ziambe

ziambe Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Ah I didn't realize that the pit would be limited to qlvl 57 or lower and at to qlvl 60 or lower, thanks!

That aside, mfing some non-standard areas could be fun too...although i am running out of things to look for. At this point I am starting to think of the non-rackables like bows and staves. Has anyone had fun running A4/A5 areas?

Could anyone point me to a rack-running guide specifically for nihlithak's temple?

8. Jamie

Jamie Diabloii.Net Member

I believe I have read that you can't find certain items like Valor or Shako in 1.07 except from racks? Is that true? Or was it only bosses that you can't find them from? Can you find things like Valor, Shako, Valkry, Skullder's, Wiz Spike, LoH and other valuables from those high level areas mentioned above?

9. Tears85

@ziambe: I have fun running A5 Areas! My rarest finding is a Ward tho! :F

@Jamie: U can find shako from A3 (?) onwards, not from the Actbosses! Valor can only be racked!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  10. Jamie

@Tears85 That really disappointed me when I started playing a 07 Sorc. I didn't want to rack the items I wanted to find. I hate that even in areas above level 100, I can't find a Valor or WF or tons of other items I want to. I thought Shako was another that I couldn't find from any monsters and had to find from a rack, but I guess not. I haven't payed my 07 Sorc on a different PC in a long time now, but I am thinking I may advance her to 1.08 next time I do and play 1.08 to try to find the Shako/Valor/Valkry and other items that are all the same in 07/08. Even though I know MFing in 1.08 is extremely flawed and difficult too, I want to be able to run bosses and cows and be able to find a Valora, Shakoa, WFa, Skullder's, Valkry, Wiz Spike, LoH, Arreat's Face and the others that are really nice.

in 1.07, you can't find any higher level uniques, even in level 90 and 100+ areas, because of monster level or what is it exactly that makes it different?

11. WoRG

WoRG Diabloii.Net Member

Blizz didn't finish the drop system in 1.07, it only drops up to TC66...racks can drop all TCs (but can't drop non-metallic, so no bows, staffs/wands, phaseblades, etc...)

All the exceptional uniques can drop, so ValkWing, Skullders, Arreat's (all the Class-Specific uniques, in fact) can in fact drop...

Elite Uniques that are TC66 or less can also drop: WizSpike(TC60), Lightsabre (Elegant Blade in 1.07, TC63), Baranar's Star (TC66), and, yes, Harlequin Crest (TC66) can drop! Wizzy and Lightsabre can drop from Council (up to TC63)...I think the earliest TC66 can drop is from boss Pit Lords or Stranglers in the City of the Damned...not all critters in Act4 can drop TC66, even in RoF/CS, tho...

Bramble Mitts are TC69, so you'll have to rack LoH, likewise, Balrog Skin is TC78, so you'll have to rack Arkaine's Valor. Fortunately, LK is Alvl88, so racks there can drop any base item that can be racked (and Cranium Basher is the only unique who's qlvl is above 87...it has to be racked in act5 Glacial Caves/Nihli's halls)

Eaglehorn, Windforce, Stormspire (Archon Staff in 1.07), and Mav's bow are all too high to drop and can't be racked, so you just straight up can't get them in 1.07

WoRG

jonnyphive and Jamie like this.
  12. Jamie

@WoRG Thank you for the great information. What do you think of the decision to go onto 1.08 to find the items? I just hate the idea of racking items. I know 1.08 has messed up MF and it is probably absurdly hard to find them, but I could theoretically run Mephisto and find Shako/Valor, correct?

13. WoRG

WoRG Diabloii.Net Member

Unfortunately, no...1.08 still has the bug where act bosses only ever drop from their Normal TCs, even in Hell (1.08 thread). On the other hand, Hell Council or Act4/Act5 mobs CAN drop Arkaine's/Harley/other >TC66 uniques, but MF won't help, so it could take awhile...

I do understand not enjoying racking, but seem to recall that you have done a fair bit of LK running...racking in 1.07 LK is not THAT different, and if you hit the chests too, you WILL get lots of charms that can be absolutely wonderful...+maxdam, +mindam, and resists on charms all have (much) better potential than in 1.08+, plus jewels that, even if you don't craft yourself, have definite trade value to those who do...

WoRG

Jamie likes this.