Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.07 News, Info and Gossip

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by AlienBoyz, Jul 10, 2007.

1. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz IncGamers Member

I posted that based on the ATMA drop calc but later tested and it wasn't true. Bosses always drop from the normal TC. In 1.08 however, regular council members can drop high level items. I think maybe valor. If you keep reading I posted after that my post was incorrect.

2. Fruit

Fruit IncGamers Member

Ah :) Well, that's a shame.
    07 council minions also drop from their Hell TC (63), and they also have the 800 "monster bonus" or however I should call it. Unfortunately the uniques drop from their Normal TC (lol 07).

Yeah you mentioned it in a post I came across, which is why I brought it up. I fear your efforts to boost Oak Safe were pointless :(
    I'll probably still use Oak Sage though, with a few pets. Then maybe a Thorns paladin as well if that turns out to be worth it.
    Not there yet though, still need alotta rackin'!

3. GalaXyHaXz

Alright here is the (unused) fetish aura event state. With a little l33t added on :D

[​IMG]

Fruit likes this.
  4. Fruit

Fruit IncGamers Member

Showoff :D

For some reason it hurts me to see unused stuff like that. Imagine how the game would look if the original team had another 10 million and a few years to work on it.

Thanks so much for this! I also installed the D2Client and D2Win you posted earlier :)
    Only problems I have with the D2gxf is that the window freezes whenever I click outside of it, and I can not minimize the window at all.
    I'm planning on trying some self-MP soon and those features would make it so much more convenient.
    Do you happen to know where to look for enabling minimizing, and/or not have the window freeze? I looked into some hex-editing, but I couldn't figure out what addresses to look at :/ It's a bit much to take in for a newb like me.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  5. Fruit

Fruit IncGamers Member

Info dump:

Looks like Crushing Blow takes 1/3 of a monster's current life, not 1/4 like in later patches. No wonder it rocks cow level. 1/8 for uniques and bosses like in later patches, it seems.

Regeneration seems to be [DR*life/8192]. (DR = DamageRegen value from monstats.txt, range is [0-6], excluding 1.) Dunno yet if it scales with players.
    (Also not sure what the deal is with unique monsters; they don't seem to regenerate at all..?)
    For example a regular Urdar can have 1993 life, and has a DR of 6, which would mean ~1.46 life per frame, or ~36.5 life per second.

Some more random stuff:

Aura Enchanted slvl = [mlvl/4], rounded down.
    So mlvl93 monsters have slvl23 auras, which means Conviction applies -140. So if you want to try and stack resistances to counter Conviction, you have a long way to go :p

It doesn't seem like you can counter Conviction by supplying your own Conviction as a paladin (like in later patches). In stead, you both apply Conviction, and you both are affected by it. (Don't be fooled by the lack of aura graphics!)

Fanaticism in particular is also very dangerous, giving +424% damage to the mlvl93 unique, and +212% to its minions. Imagine a unique Hell Bovine with Extra Strong and Fanaticism, critting you with a high damage roll of 183:
    183*2*2*5,24=3835,36 physical damage. (And what if you were cursed!? Only pharphis would survive that hit.)

Random example of how lowering magic find lowers odds of getting a unique:
    With 548 magic find, there's a 1:1 chance to get a unique if Andariel drops a ring or amulet.
    With 535, it's 1:2.
    With 491, it's 1:5.
    With 420, it's 1:10.
    With 278, it's 1:20.

So it's not really like magic find is useless when you're somewhere between breakpoints, but as you can see the odds will drop relatively rapidly.

@pharphis Magic Arrow / Blade Fury / "glitchwielding":
    Dunno if you're still interested, or if you already had your answers, but Blade Fury is terrible. It does not import anything. Blade Sentinel and Blade Fury both seem to function like spells; they just do the listed damage, and that's it. They do physical damage. BF doesn't pierce either, but it wouldn't matter if it did. :p
    What's funny though is that when a BS "dies", it scares Fallen as if you killed a monster. Another silly bug.

As for Magic Arrow, it's actually pure physical damage. Not sure if it was intended to be like that, but that's how it is.
    It doesn't seem like the damage gets enhanced by anything. For example strength, dexterity, Fanaticism and Concentration didn't increase the damage. +% Damage from items (like the unique Hat) also didn't do anything.
    And since you mentioned Attack Rating for MA; if you have an open socket free somewhere, an Eth rune might be an option? It works when put in the off-hand weapon when you're glitchwielding. It might not be necessary though.
    You do leech from the damage, but since it's only +19 damage at slvl20, I would just keep it at level 1.

Fun fact: If you use javelins as off-hand when using a (cross)bow, the quantity of the javelin will be used as bolts/arrows. I couldn't really think of a way to exploit this however, because javelins are a poor option for glitchwielding, compared to some of the unique items.
    The main pro is that you're not forced to use MA, but on the other hand, javelins don't really get stats that synergize particularly well with Bow Skills, at least not compared to what unique items have to offer. Another downside is that javelins can't have sockets. On top of that, the quantity goes down very rapidly when using (cross)bows..

Lastly, you posted that the IAS from off-hand gets "added" to the weapon you're using, but it does not seem to work like that. Or at least, there's more to it.
    I'm under the impression that your base speed will be the average of both weapons (or something along those lines).
    For example I compared using a Great Bow, to using a GB bow with a Thunder Maul as off-hand, and my attack speed dropped drastically. Therefore, I bet that you would end up ditching Cranium Basher to Coldsteel Eye because of the crippling slow speed.
    I also tried the GB with a Chu-Ko-Nu (-60) as secondary, and it gave a very nice boost in attack speed.

So if you plan on trying out MA with your Buriza, then you could try using a very fast base as off-hand.
    Maybe that a regular or magic weapon with a bunch of runes could actually be quite good?
    Something like a 4 or 5 socketed bow with some Shaes, maybe an Eth, maybe some Emeralds..

It's probably worth it to figure out how exactly the attack speed thing works for glitchwielding.. :)

pharphis likes this.
  6. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

oh.....

I wish I knew that before I tried using it to defend myself against toorc in my HC pally. woooo.................

edit: good to know for those other skills, too. When I was testing I tried razor bow with a bunch of shae runes or something to check if it helped.

Cranium Basher has other nice things to add to it but attack speed is a good point... pretty sure my coldsteel eye already has an eth in it...

So the +dmg from magic arrow itself is ALSO physical dmg?

I still have these chars but I'm doubting I'll ever use them, now. Seems pretty useless, but it was a fun idea.

Fruit likes this.
  7. Fruit

Fruit IncGamers Member

Yea, even the added damage from MA is physical.
    I'm fairly sure that in later patches, MA does benefit from +% damage from gear and auras, before it gets converted to magic damage. I was hoping MA would work similarly in 07, but alas, it's nothing alike. (In fact, I was hoping the skill would be bugged in our favor :p)
    I expected MA's damage to get added to your bow or something, as if it was +damage that was on the weapon itself, but as-is, MA is just lame. I'm actually surprised that you leech from the damage.

Ah, I remember the post of yours mentioning something about your paladin dying even with Conviction on, I didn't understand what you meant at the time.
    But non. I made sure to test different slvl situations: [monster > player], [monster = player], and [monster < player]. In all cases, both the paladin and the monster would suffer the resistance penalty.

+IAS from off-hand does work when glitchwielding, but it's still a mystery to me what (base speed) it exactly gets applied to. I suggested weapon speeds get averaged, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I tried a Chu-Ko-Nu (-60) with Great Bow (-10) and my speed went up, rather than down.
    Coldsteel Eye should be awesome, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out being the best option for LF.

Edit: I haven't even gotten to Travincal runs yet, but to be honest I will most likely just S&E when I even see Conviction. I mean.. -140! :p

pharphis likes this.
  8. IQuitWoWForThis

IQuitWoWForThis IncGamers Member

Hello SPF,

since i am browsing diabloii for a couple of weeks now (especially the SPF), i'd like to participate and therefore introduce myself:

This is Chris (33) from Germany. I play Diablo 2 and D2 LoD since release and played Diablo 1 before. Early this year i started to play Singleplayer the first time (P8 HC 1.13). The last time i played before this, was Classic Ladder in 2009.

For a week or two now, i play 1.07 HC because ive read about the possibility of 1.07 item forwarding. Therefore ive read myself through most of the stickies one can find easily when entering this forum.

A few questions remained, so i hope someone in here can answer them:

1) Where can i find FCR/FHR/IAS tables for 1.07 ?

2) Ive read that LvL 8 is optimal for cubing Triumphant Apprentice rings. Can anyone link me the explanation or the formular, so i can understand which are the optimal LvLs for cubing stuff ?

3) Which is the lowest LvL and Location, where i can shop BO-Sticks ?

4) Are Dual-Leech-Rings a thing in 1.07 (as they were in 1.08) ?

5) Is it wise to put at least one point in ES on every sorce ?

6) Can characters enter the Cowlvl who didnt finish the Baalquest ? Edit: No they cant =(

Thank you very much in advance, GL & HF !

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  9. pharphis

The reason lvl 8 is optimal is because it's the earliest level you can craft "of apprentice". The reason itis the most optimal is simply because there are fewer possible affixes than later levels.

1) Don't know but most things should be the same as 1.09
    2) Now, if you have a few already and unless you really really want 37mpk w/ 10% fcr, my recommendation would be to craft them at higher levels for possibly useful rares/uniques :D
    5) IMO as a HC player yes.
    6) I've had problems with this so I think your edit is correct.

10. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Love that forum name :D

1) Breakpoints are the same from 1.07 to present patch. They were different before LoD.
    2) lvl 8 gives the best odds, by eliminating as many other affixes as possible. That recipe produces a ring with item level 5 (and because rings are qlvl 1, this gives affix level 5) which is the minimum required to get "of the Apprentice".
    3) Assuming you mean +3 BO, you're probably looking at anywhere in nightmare or hell, with a lvl 55+ character. Probably. Haven't checked.
    4) Dual leech can't spawn in 1.07 - even crafts bug out to be one or the other. The only way of getting these in 1.07 is to forward them from 1.06b or earlier.
    5) Yes. I believe resistances modify damage before ES in 1.07, so that would be a good idea.
    6) No, as you have discovered.

GalaXyHaXz likes this.
  11. pharphis

Forgot to emphasize that although I always use ES, this fact makes it way way more powerful, especially with mdr as well!

12. GalaXyHaXz

I didn't know that. I thought ES always applied only after resistances. Well that's good to say the least, maybe an ES sorc build with Lanceguard would be great. Anyone tried it?

13. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

1.10+ at least, only blocking and defense is counted before ES. Which makes mana, mana regen, mdr and pdr the only stats you need for defense, as long as there's enough of it. In 1.10+ that is.

14. Fruit

Fruit IncGamers Member

I can imagine that the mana boost from Lance Guard would be nice, but unless I'm missing something, Damage Taken Goes to Mana is almost worthless.
    The stat is hurt a lot by the fact that it only applies to damage taken by melee attacks. Besides, the mana that you receive is a percentage of damage taken, so this means that with every bit of extra damage reduction that you equip, DTGTM becomes less valuable.
    In most cases it's probably also a con that DTGTM "heals" mana after energy shield and mana burn subtracts points, since you will lose the ES when mana reaches 0.

As for ES itself, it doesn't help that telekinesis doesn't act as a synergy to lower the mana subtraction, it's always 2 mana per absorbed damage point. At least, I'm fairly sure that nothing lowers the mana loss, MDR definitely doesn't do it.
    And a sidenote is that ES does not lower mana damage, so physical Mana Burn uniques will empty your bubble very rapidly. You can expect hits on Hell to take away a few hundred points at the very least. (MDR does apply to mana damage, though, so there's another reason to stack it :p)

ES is still a nice skill, but I see it more as a one point wonder (although it kinda takes 4 in most cases..).
    A little bonus is that the healing portion of % absorb is calculated before ES, while the damage portion is calculated after. So with ES, you get a bit more out of the % absorb that you have.
    For example, if a hit of 50 lightning damage comes in while you have 50% lightning absorb equipped and a 40% ES active, you will first heal for (50*0.5=)25 damage, and then only take (25*0.6=)15 damage afterwards. Assuming 0 lightning resistance. A small but nice bonus if you happen to have % absorb equipped.
    Fun fact is that ES applies to the initial tick of poison damage, at least that of Spectral Hit. Might save you a couple of hitpoints :p

Also, I had a question for those with a Barbarian: Do you land critical strikes? Like, at all?
    I ask, because I don't.
    My mastery does not seem to add any chance to land a critical strike. At first I hoped it was just a visual bug where the overlay just wasn't displayed, but even with 20% chance (according to the description), I have still not seen a single attack that did double damage. The mastery does increase my damage, so it's not like I've skilled the wrong thing.
    Maybe this was already known, and I've just missed the information about it? (It would be very Blizzard-like to try and fix this bug and then end up with the 100% chance bug in 1.09.. :D)

15. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

It's not that you never do critical strikes, it's that you always do them. Masteries were bugged to give 100% crit chance up until 1.10 I think.

16. Fruit

Fruit IncGamers Member

Hmm. Hate to be annoying, but has it been tested in 07 specifically? :/
    When I go from mastery level 0 to mastery level 1, I am very clearly not doing double damage. I still hope you're correct, because I'd rather have bugs working in my favor than against, but it just doesn't look like there's ever a critical hit.
    To test, I've set up a 1000 health target, while I do ~98 damage per hit without a mastery, but when I put one point into a mastery, I just go from 11 hits to 10 hits to kill the target. I've only checked one-handed weapons, but I doubt that's the issue?

Any suggestions helvete, or someone else?
    Thanks for the reply regardless :)

Edit: For sake of ruling out, I checked some two-handed swords, but results were no different. Damage of around 98 gets boosted to about 106, and in turn I need one hit less to kill the target. The damage part is obviously working, but I still haven't seen double damage.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  17. IQuitWoWForThis

IQuitWoWForThis IncGamers Member

Tyvm for your info so far :)

E: Do u guys use a merc ? I am NM A2 atm and im sticking to the barbarian right now, cause drag/drop-potting the A2 merc all the time was too annoying.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  18. Fruit

Fruit IncGamers Member

Took another look, and I'm convinced that none of the barbarian masteries give any chance of applying a critical strike. I've seen a fair amount of assumptions in this thread about 1.07 that were based on the theory that the patch is similar to 1.08 or 1.09, but most assumptions were never tested I suppose.

Claw Mastery also does not give a chance to apply a critical strike, but I don't think it's a bug since the description doesn't mention anything about it. CM does have the bug where it applies the listed +%AR bonus to +%damage. This is not the case for barbarian masteries.

Critical Strike (the amazon skill) seems to work as intended.
    (And Deadly Strike from gear works just fine on assassin and barbarian.)

Most of the time I do, they can be decent body guards. But until they have got some gear or/and are high level, they'll barely be helpful.
    They'll definitely always be squishy and some areas/situations will just eat'em up in 2 seconds, so sometimes you're better off not reviving them because you'd just burn through your cash for no reason.

You could consider shopping for an item with Life Tap, they'll make your mercenary leech and it often keeps them alive for much longer. Well, if they have a decent weapon, that is. :) These charges can spawn on knives, wands, axes, and shrunken heads, on both magic and rare items.

And for necromancers, Bone Armor is a decent skill because it comes after %reduction and integer reduction, and it also works on physical ranged attacks like those from the quills and corrupted ladies. So if you really don't know what to do with your skills, it's a consideration :p

19. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Hmm... Does your barb rely on +str or +dex from gear/charms to equip the weapon?

Fruit likes this.
  20. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

@Fruit oh, that would be quite the news if masteries didn't work like we always thought.

Thumbs up for getting your hands dirty and doing all the testing work!

Fruit likes this.