Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.07 - 7 of 7 - Matriarch Widowmaker – Trapersin

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TheNix, Dec 9, 2014.

1. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Matriarch Widowmaker, the Trapersin.

Level: 76

St – 105 (109)
    Dx – 105 (109)
    Vt – 240 (240)
    En – 25 (48)

HP 1014
    Mana 712

L. Sentry: 181 – 191
    D. Sentry: 152 – 162 + BOOM!
    B. Fury: 117 – 119 per blade (Yeah right!!!!!)

Resists:

Fire: 75
    Cold: 75
    Ltning: 75
    Poison: 75

Skills:

L. Sentry: 20 (24)
    D. Sentry: 20 (24)
    B. Fury: 18 (22)
    S. Master 17 (22)

Psychic Hammer, Claw Mastery, BoS, CoS, S. Warrior, Mind Blast 1 (6)
    Fire Blast, Shock Web, B. Sentinel, CB Sentry, WoF, 1 (5)

Equipment:

Weapon 1:

Magic Hand Scythe +2 Skills, +1 Wake of Inferno
    Prismatic Large Shield with pdiamonds

Weapon 2:

Lower Resist (level 2) Grim Wand
    Tower Shield with pdiamonds

Magic Tiara with +1 Skills & Life
    “Um” Skin of the Vipermagi
    Frostburn
    Lesser Caster Boots
    String of Ears
    Beads of Telling
    Lesser caster rings
    Shadow Skiller, Resists and Heaps of Mana charms

Merc (Act 2 – BA/Might)

Guillaume's Face
    “Um” Duriel's Shell
    eth Pierre Tombale Couant with fervour / 20% ED jewel

Random musings:

Well, it’s done. A 1.07 Sept. Trapersins are often my “go to” build and was in fact the second character I started after the sorc. It was the bane of the constant “Exception Errors” and made me shelve this build, but of course, I had to come back to it eventually. The S. Master tripped the errors so often that it was frustrating, but interestingly I had no errors in Act 1 and as the acts progressed the errors became more frequent. This happened both in Nightmare and in Hell and it didn’t matter if the game was played in windows mode or full screen, or with or without Glide Wrapper. It just kept happening! So, 17 skill points wasted there. Talk about wasted skill points, on paper Blade Fury looked quite good; lots of little throwing stars doing reasonable damage quickly I thought. Nah! So, more wasted points there. Between the LS, DS, Mind Blast/Psychic Hammer and the regular use of the LR charges, all went fairly smoothly all things considering. I must say that the Ancients were a stroke of luck though, no LI!!!!!! Of course the merc died instantly, it ended up just LR, lay down LSs and running. Slow, but effective. Baal was more or less same and if not for the clone appearing in front of me and zapping me with an instant death, it would have worked perfectly. So, 1.07 is done, and the future? 1.08? I’ll try a sorc and see how I go, but a think a sept is out of the question.

[​IMG]

2. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

Whew, nice sept! That was a tough one, having to give up so many skill points. I like that character screen, especially the aptly named level 8 "RingRoller"

So in retrospect, which build was your favorite in 1.07?

3. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

Congrats! Any ideas about what caused the errors with the shadow master so we can avoid them in future?

4. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Probably my LK/PJ Amazon. I enjoy planning a build as much as playing it and she went according to plan, more than any of the others anyway! :)

I really don't know why the SM crashed the system so much nor why no crashes happened in Act 1 but several in Act 5. First I though it was due to my habit of always holding down my "show items" button, but stopping doing that didn't change anything. Glide or normal rendering, window or full screen it didn't matter. It did appear to occur immediately after the sound of the CE element of the death sentry, but why would it crash at the sound only on the SMs DS and why not in Act 1 beats me? The 1.07 build guide pretty much says that the SM is the was to go, so others seem to have had no problems with it, perhaps some sort of hardware conflict on my machine? I'm baffled!

5. BulletJon

BulletJon IncGamers Member

Nice, i've always wanted to do a sin