Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.00 News, Info and Gossip

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Treeharl, Feb 15, 2017.

1. TedDeeBoy

TedDeeBoy IncGamers Member

@helvete, your point about the affixes and gambling lvl is the exact reason I am very interested in @Grape efforts to get a dual leecher and also my original point that I have not seen or heard of anyone finding or gambling a dual leech rare and several members of the SFP have been playing 1.00 for up to one year. Theoretically it should not be difficult yet there is no evidence that I found. I am tempted to break out my LL gambler once I find a better rare ammy for these toons

@pharphis good work, sounds like you will never go without an SoJ again. gotta love the 1.00 cheese ;)

2. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

ya and I just checked the fingerprints. There are 4ish different fingerprints, maybe more. I didn't care enough to check if it was split by image (of the ring) or random. Now my enchantress in 1.07 gives 900 fire dmg! (only gained 75 more after +2 skills)

3. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz IncGamers Member

Yeah it's great how easy SoJ's are to obtain. Hell i've only ever seen like 2 in LoD SP the rest were on bnet (and you know those most certainly aren't dupes lol).

My barb is lv 84 and I've been gambling some amulets. No dual leech yet. But it's still nice and great if you want to make a LLD character. The problem is neither Diablo or the Cow King drop ammy's as there regular TC so your basically stuck gambling.

A little more info after testing with De Seis. Crashing may occur if:
    1) A character picks an item up off the ground while being thieved
    2) A character uses an uninterruptible attack whilst being thieved
    3) Moving items in inventory while being thieved (f***s up the item buffer AFAIK)
    4) Drinking the potion being thieved (partially fixed in 1.03)
    5) Die while being thieved (fixed in 1.01, fully fixed in 1.03)

So long story short, if you want to avoid any crashes with De Seis, I would do the following:
    1) Join game with guest and use TP to De Seis
    2) Don't use any uninterruptible attacks
    3) Don't pick up any item or use any item or move any item
    4) Go to town to heal instead of using potions. If you can't make it S/E and don't die. Leave game and rejoin once De Seis is dead.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  4. TedDeeBoy

Thanks for investigating this. So in my case De Seis is dead.The Frost Nova death explosion hit me previously and thieved the potions . So when you say "being thieved", does that also included potions that are previously thieved by De Seis when he was alive and even if he is dead those potions are still bugged because that what seemed to happen to my necro.

I think your point 1 is important when self MPing in the CS. The host should just chill somewhere.

Also on the dual leecher topic, after further research, @Treeharl posted a LL dual leecher ring in one of the item find threads. Just scanned 200 of his posts since mid 2016 to find that. There were two

5. GalaXyHaXz

Just re-read your issue and you fall underneath #1. More testing would be needed to confirm exactly if the potion becomes bugged once it is thieved, but I recreated your issue as well. So yeah, it may be a good idea to empty your belt before doing De Seis as well. That way there isn't any conflict with the potions.

Treeharls rings are pretty nice. I'd like to find a 15 all res dual leech stat to bring forward to my 1.09 characters (where dual leech was removed from the game)

6. TedDeeBoy

Thanks for the explanation. one of the nice features of running a necro against de seis is the ability to create many tanks that can outnumber his pack and use the same curses he uses against his pack to even the contest. Most of the time De Seis is too busy decrepifying or shooting bone spear at the revives so very rarely uses thieve on the necro. So game crashing is not a regular problem with the build, just an unusual event. The necro gulps down the super mana potions regularly when fighting that pack. I think we are all curious the specific events that cause those crashes

Also the Treeharl's [email protected] stat ring may make an excellent PvP ring if character does not require FCR to hit a BP. That dual leecher wish list you describe is very rare because of the elemental damage possibility on prism rings

7. GalaXyHaXz

A wishlist indeed. Maybe Santa will bring it to me if I'm good? ho ho ho holy sh** my elves will find you one of those
    [​IMG]

8. TedDeeBoy

Only 1 in 2.6B for the ammy and 1 in 2.8B for that ring. It is more likely than I thought. :p

9. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

^ sounds easy enough, eh?

@TedDeeBoy Yesterday I gambled with a lvl 5 char. Keeps affix pool really small. I'm now debating however should I go for little bit of higher to be sure each gamble can get the leech(es) as well, because the amount of affixes wouldn't increase so dramatically. (btw is it the even the same -5/+4 rule with the ilvls as in the LoD patches?)

I came across @imakeigloospat 's post where he explains his gold finding tactic (that is also done in this thread) and also lists equipment. There's one dual leecher.

I bet imakeigloospat has more, judging by his gear he must've played 1.00 by far the most on this forum. By far. If you happen to see this, thanks for the gold finding tips! Slowly getting there:
    Screenshot26.jpg

10. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

It's the same (+4/-5). The only thing different is the magic_level of amulets (+2).

11. GalaXyHaXz

Wow Imakeigloospat had one hell of a haul there. Maybe a GF barb is the best way to go instead of king. I might try that when I play 1.06 in a bit.

12. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

In 1.06 it would easily be the way to go. Lances drop, and I believe they fixed bows, swords and 2h maces as well. WW isn't as OP, so might not want to use the uniques.

EDIT: Yeah, @imakeigloospat really has some awesome gear, which must have taken billions of gold to gamble and tens of thousands of runs to find. And lvl 96 barb.... 96!!!

pharphis likes this.
  13. Barl

Barl IncGamers Member

Has anyone experimented with forwarding items from 1.00 (or any classic version) directly to 1.13/1.14, to see if any items get unusual or otherwise impossible stats? Would it be considered cheating or unethical if so?

14. GalaXyHaXz

Items when brought directly past 1.09 will simply be rerolled with the new affix pool just as if you found a new rare item. Nothing unusual will happen.

15. pharphis

I don't remember what happens but some of the set items get borked when you forward them a specific way. @frozzzen should know

16. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

That goes for rare items. Uniques and sets are a different story altogether. Doesn't really matter for LOD, but forwarding uniques to classic 1.10+ can make for some interesting items.

Sets too, they may change base item. May make for some interesting twink equip at least.

17. pharphis

soo uhh why are life bars so weird for party members and mercs in NM?
    It's different in A1 (dark green/grey) and A2 (sand coloured)

18. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

No idea, but life bars, and the exp bar.... they're not properly coded. You can think you've almost beat Izual, but his bar will keep refilling. And as soon as you go past lvl 70, try to keep an eye on the exp bar. Doesn't work properly. At all.

pharphis likes this.
  19. pharphis

lol alright

20. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Cool to classic getting some more love around here and not just for forwarding stuff to LoD!
    Regarding dupes poofing I'm pretty sure that DOES happen in 1.06... its been a number of years since I played it but I remember discovering the whole identical rares/monsters spawning in LK when running objects there.
    Did anyone experiment with MF-breakpoints ala 1.07? I remember reading up on them on the lurker lounge (which might still be on webarchives) but not sure if its applicable or relevant to 1.00. I didn't play 1.06 long enough to test it out.
    Martels remain broken in 1.06...
    As for outleeching Iron Maiden in CS. This was a goal of mine on my 1.09 HC lvl 91 Martel Barb. In 1.09 you get the partial set bonuses known from later patches so with Sigons and Deaths you can reach up to 40-50% LL which is enough to see you through a WW with 3k life.
    I love the 800x600, players command and ATMA support of 1.09 but it's definitely the worst of all classic patches in terms of farming gear. Between me and the 2-3 other guys I was playing with I think we took 30+ chars to lvl 76 to imbue Martels before finally getting a decent one. If only 1.09 had the 1.06 affix table it would be perfect IMO.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017