1.00 News, Info and Gossip

TedDeeBoy

Diabloii.Net Member
@pharphis

Good to see you trying 1.00
What characters have you started with in the 1.00 playthrough and what plans do you have for them?

Just to emphasize Helvete's point on enchant, I have an Enchantress/Hydra 1.00 sorc build experiment with 7 other characters and the enchant damage to only useful for early mid act 1 normal due the low base damage and no fire mastery bug. If I recall correctly the LCS gave me 37-40 fire damage for a lvl 26 enchant and the theoretical max lvls is 29, 28 with a +1 skill ammy and max other gear.

While this is ok for the den and cold plans I do not if this is faster just rushing the characters to act 4 hell and lvling in a MP game

Also I needed a leech ring, used level in the black marsh in a p5 game with some MF to find rings or ammys because they are so expensive to buy when you are start out before you get the gidbinn quest
@Barl
Bloodbag is taking shape, what are your build plans for skills after you finished adding skills pts to CE and IM

Last edited:

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I have 2x sorc, 2x barb, pally and necro. Only really using the barb but will of course use the sorc eventually I'm sure.

Are you saying fire mastery doesn't boost enchant at all? If so, that sucks! I was thinking it would at least add a few hundred damage

TedDeeBoy

Diabloii.Net Member
I have 2x sorc, 2x barb, pally and necro. Only really using the barb but will of course use the sorc eventually I'm sure.

Are you saying fire mastery doesn't boost enchant at all? If so, that sucks! I was thinking it would at least add a few hundred damage
Yep the damage is worse than I thought originally for a Lvl 26 enchant 32-35 12 min duration on a partied character. I have the screenie on a lvl 1 mule

The Enchantress is equipped with Culwen's Point, Tarnhelm, +1 Sorc Rare Ammy, SoJ, Magefist, Silks of the Victor, Bladebuckle, Tearhaunch.

+5 all skills, +1 fire skills,

She also has another Soj and Sigon's Shield lent to another character while she levels

max dam possible is 35 - 38 at lvl 29 in a partied character which would include a +2 Sorc ammy.

The Fire Mastery bonus is included in the LCS calc if that Sorc is enchanted

I made her a Hydra,ES Sorc after experimenting with Enchant. Hydra and SF can kill stuff but not efficiently like orb. But ok for normal and she will be just a char to rush normal characters and Hydra is for a change from Orb

Attachments

TedDeeBoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Just had an awesome day just loading up some revives for a cow run with Necro and

Screenshot104.jpg

That got more awesome after gambling all of the sales for the last weeks in one go and got
Screenshot113.jpg

Number 4

Screenshot116.jpg

However, a muling mistake meant that the ammy and another nice 5%ll, 100+ AR , 49%CR and 45% FR and some other gambled grailers such as eye of Etlich were lost as cyber dust and the day is now less than awesome, but good because the Ume's and SoJ were not lost

The toons lvled are on maggots 80-81, Necro made 77

@pharphis I am finding a pally weapon difficult to find so hopefully have some better luck

TedDeeBoy

Diabloii.Net Member
So load him up with Sojs culwens Tarn sigons silks and a +1 Pally ammy and get a Level 27 concentration or might for the OHKOs before WW, or lvl 27 meditation for the Sorc, manas problems gone but relocating him could be a bit painful

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
So how much dex does my barb need? I've finally leveled everything enough to kill some canyon maggots (barb just reached 21) and it's annoying killing 1 target at a time and missing 20% of the time...

It says ~80% cth with 45 dex for lvl 21 monsters and the maggots are lvl 19... any idea ho high my cth is? Is it worth boosting dex further? Can't wait to get WW!

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Oh, and is there any useful recipes I can use to reroll a pike I gambled into something else or?

TedDeeBoy

Diabloii.Net Member
@pharphis if I recall correctly the cube does very little in 1.00 compared to 1.06 or later. Gems, 3 rings and 3 ammys and quest items

If you can spare the gear and the chipped topazes, cube and create some MF armour and a helm and hope for a lucky rare to drop while lvling. Getting 50+MF is enough IMO and works on normal monsters

Also once you get a rare weapon it usually comes with AR which boosts the CTH a lot so try to avoid boosting dex too much. My L81 barb has str 80 , 60 dex vit 285 saved pts 75. If a godly rare ornate plate drops in hell, you need up to 170 str to equip it and still keep life over 2k after BO. Keep at it the first time around is slow but unavoidable without a lucky drop such as a rare poleaxe with leech and good damage which I got but it still took a long time with a single attack. Act 1 2 and 3 normal first time around is a grind

What weapon is the barb using at the moment?

I also lvled the sorc with 1 pt GS and 8 pts SF with 1pt wonders and the rest in warmth which was painful because of mana problems but getting blizz at 24 helps. Party the main barb only and find a quiet part of the Canyon for the rest of the toons. If the sorcs can find a mana shrine and well nearby that helps and wells regenerate super fast compared with later patches

If you don't mind turning one of the toons into a useless mule in hell I heard blaze or firewall with SF can also kill maggots in normal and is available because the maggots chase you everywhere. I also used a Nova SF sorc which was dangerous but killed ok. Again mana problems though. Keep in mind once the group gets to A4 hell, you can quickly create another toon to get the builds you want quickly. I just continued

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
my barb is just using a spetum with increased dmg and attack speed which is serviceable but if I can get a fast pike it should make a huge difference. I just want to kill huge crowds of maggots faster since it will be ages until I get WW. Maybe i'll run into a rare spetum or other spear that is better than what I currently have...

GalaXyHaXz

Diabloii.Net Member
My barbarian was using Frenzy and 2xwar swords with like 15-30 damage each up until act 4 hell. Then, I painfully did maggots until 30 then got a pike to finish off Diablo. Frenzy is a quicker solution, but definitely level in normal!

TedDeeBoy

Diabloii.Net Member
@GalaXyHaXz maybe that is something to add to the guide for starting to lvl between 24 and 30. I used concentrate, with howl and taunt to break up the groups. A war sword should be easier to come by than a spetum. Death's sash and gloves is obtainable but you either end with the wrong weapon mastery for your main character at end game or sacrifice the use of weapon mastery for those lvls.

Did you lvl the barb in a MP game at all and what players setting did you play on while questing. L30 is quite low for Hell act 4

As it was only 6 lvls from 24 to 30 I used the Sorc to lvl at A4 normal maggots using SF, Blizz and GS and the barb become the XP leech until 30. I think act 2 and 3 took the longest but I quested in a 1 or 2 player MP game using the Barb so I could join the mules when needed to complete quests. Frenzy would seem to make the end of Act 2, Act 3 and start of Act 4 normal questing quicker until the City of Damned Wp and it makes an interesting experiment to find out what is faster.

@pharphis. Act 3 you can get a pike from drops. I found 2 magic pikes and a rare pike with 90 max in a LK superchest in Normal A3 . The problem is, the pike is slow with concentrate or bash so I needed lots of red potions even though I had IAS gloves. All until WW is available

GalaXyHaXz

Diabloii.Net Member
I beat the game with a sorc. I used her to rush barb to Inner Cloister. There I did runs until level 18 (Flamespike, Boneash, and 2-3 uniques each time). XP is heavily weighted towards uniques pre-1.10. I then rushed him all the way to act 4 and leveled in outer steppes til 23. Finally, rushed him to act 4 hell and continued leveling until 30, then he did Diablo. I went back and did maggots until 82.

Long story short, here is my barbarian sequence (going to use this when I make a untwinked necro). XP is done at P1 until Maggots, then P8.
1-8 Tristram (had a charsi'd two hand axe)
8-18 Inner Cloister (had a bardiche)
18-24 Outher Steppes (gemmed bardiche)
24-30 City of Damned/RoF HELL (2x War Swords with Frenzy) (do normal instead)
30-82 RoF Maggots HELL (Pike)
82-89 Urdars/Oblivion Knights HELL (Pike)
89-99 See you in 10 years

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
I just rushed to Canyon of the Magi, leveling both the sorc and barb at the same time (clearing the entrance to each area, then moving up the other toon) and used firewall/SF to kill maggots while the barb was chilling in a corner. Didn't get them to lvl 30, but by around lvl 25, the sorc kills well enough to get to act 4, where it's far easier to level the barb one mob at the time.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
My barb is a few levels ahead of everything else and I suspect I'd get myself killed if I tried playing sorc now so I'll stick with barb until at least 24-25 killing maggots. Then since I'll have BO I'll try duriel. I've been using bash but it's so boring lol

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
Duriel is very fond of killing mercs before he tries to kill you. Just saying. Mercs don't go between acts, and are generally useless, but as extra safety, they do pretty well.

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Won't he like 1-hit them? I've got about 330 life (woo bloodfist or whatever those gloves are called) and I'm at lvl 23. 1 more for BO!

Is there any reason to believe battlecry doesn't work, btw? I think it works (I've been using it on big maggot crowds, though shout seems even better despite the tiny duration). I'm hoping I can make duriel relatively safe

GalaXyHaXz

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah (s)he will one shot them. But that's enough time you can land 2-3 hits before you need to town. Rinse and repeat. I would definitely use a sorc to static him. Then use war cry to lower his damage and finish him with leech barb. He really isn't that difficult, he's actually much harder post-Lod. Diablo on the other hand... just don't wake the neighbors.

TedDeeBoy

Diabloii.Net Member
I beat the game with a sorc. I used her to rush barb to Inner Cloister. There I did runs until level 18 (Flamespike, Boneash, and 2-3 uniques each time). XP is heavily weighted towards uniques pre-1.10. I then rushed him all the way to act 4 and leveled in outer steppes til 23. Finally, rushed him to act 4 hell and continued leveling until 30, then he did Diablo. I went back and did maggots until 82.

Long story short, here is my barbarian sequence (going to use this when I make a untwinked necro). XP is done at P1 until Maggots, then P8.
1-8 Tristram (had a charsi'd two hand axe)
8-18 Inner Cloister (had a bardiche)
18-24 Outher Steppes (gemmed bardiche)
24-30 City of Damned/RoF HELL (2x War Swords with Frenzy) (do normal instead)
30-82 RoF Maggots HELL (Pike)
82-89 Urdars/Oblivion Knights HELL (Pike)
89-99 See you in 10 years
I like the approach I think this might be faster for pure rushing.

With the Sorc beating the game through was this a rush of just the required quests. Did you complete other quests such as skill pts and stat quests also. How long did that take you and what lvl did the Sorc finish at? I think this is the important part of the 1st pass through puzzle that first time player are looking for because of the difference in rushing the sorc in 1.10+ with no mana pots and no players command and 1.13 with no respecs

One thing I found is don't forget NM Act 4 first time around if you like to MF and lvl at the same time as
1) Most of the same stuff drops in NM as in Hell, just prismatic rings don't if IIRC
2) They level as fast because they near the right level so the level gap is lower than in hell
3) Your toons can load up on MF because the res penalty is lower and the finds can be decent as you go. Maggots have limited drops and with a Barb you make less gold because of all of the weapon repairs

I think that mid 50s for lvling is best but when MFing at the same time two of my chars got to 60 for progressing to Hell

GalaXyHaXz

Diabloii.Net Member
My sorc beat hell at lv 26. I played through all of normal. But then rushed passed everything in NM/Hell. Skipping all the quests. Sorc beat Normal in about 3 days of gameplay (5 hours a day). NM/H was rushed all in one day. It was very difficult later on due to mana problems. My spells didn't do jack and melee was poor with low AR. So I just did bosses only and towned for the mana.

Barb was rushed the same way. I gave him the Waypoints and let him level on his own. Sorc rushed him doing bosses only. I had a new barb from 1-50 in one day. Then 50-80 the next. 80+ took much longer.

Nightmare isn't a bad idea at all, considering you have no elite items. I assumed maggots in hell would give the most XP so I rushed to them. But a pit stop In NM til 45-50 is probably optimal. Especially on players 8.