Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.00 Help

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Treeharl, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Treeharl

Treeharl IncGamers Member

I have two problems while playing 1.00 on windows 10.

1. 1.00 till 1.06 can only be played in windowed mode, thats a given. But is there a possiblility to stretch (the windowed mode fills 1/5 of the screen), I can't lower my laptops resolution because I will lose my warantee.

2 Before windows 10 I could remove the playdisc after starting 1.00 and placing d2music.mpq in to the main d2 folder. Nowdays it does let me play without the disc but every 5 min a warning about no disc pops up. If I don't cancel that popup my game keeps frozen. Since these 1.00 discs are quite old and unstable I rather don't want to keep em in the lpt.

Thanks in advance

maxicek likes this.
  2. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

1 - Google "Sven's Glide Wrapper" and run the game in glide, that will allow fullscreen or resized windows.

2 - Get some image making/mounting software (Alcohol 120% works well) and start the imaging process of the play disc. Cancel it when it reaches 6 or 7 percent, but choose to keep the file anyway. This results in a partial image of 30-40MB which can be mounted to start the game. Just make sure to NOT correct read errors when making the image (they're not errors, they're copy protection) and have "read subchannel data" enabled.

Of course, such an image is useless to install the game, it only works for running an already legit installation. Thyiad has given the OK to distribute such images for 1.00 and 1.07 play/expansion discs but I haven't gotten around to making them, much less hosting them publicly.

Treeharl likes this.
  3. Treeharl

Thanks Helvete,

1 worked perfectly with Glivde.

2 Works a bit because the game doesn't ask me for a disc after I started the game. If I use my playdisc Iso from my F drive it still asks for a Cd-drive however, I run D-tools light. (Mod disclaimer: I own legit cd keys so I am not pirating anything)

Another question, I believe there was a dll that removed the one instance of d2 might be running at one time. Is there a link to that dll because I want to timetravel some of these items.

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

You can use the one for 1.06b. The first working link I found was at the Frozen Keep.

5. Treeharl

Works like a charm thanks Helvete!

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

There are no charms in classic, so that statement could be misinterpreted ;)

RadTang and Treeharl like this.