Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

1.00 fcr breakpoints.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Eriklop, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Eriklop

Eriklop Diabloii.Net Member

http://d2.noobcore.net/?cat=basics&sub=gambling

I got my info here, Im currently holding 30+ skulls that i will try to get to pskulls with shrines. Im also curious about that. But Diablo drops are always magic> ( ive seen him drop rare only once. He's giving good xp atleast.

I have around 7 million on my mules, im hoping for atleast a magic 2 skillers just to confirm.

oke im 86 woohoo

Attached Files:

2. Eriklop

So after gambling away 4 million or so. 1 amulet showed its possible. Its not what i was looking for^^

i did get a 69mana 1 skill 8 str nec amu. thats an upgrade.

Attached Files:

3. imakeigloospat

imakeigloospat Diabloii.Net Member

I've played 1.00 probably more than anyone here, but it's been almost two years since I quit. I still have all my characters and items though.

All the observations you have made is them I have made myself too. When it comes to item generation in particular it is pretty interesting. By having the same map seed and doing "runs" one can basically get the same items over and over again, even rare items. I have multiple rare items which are identical but the name of the item. Even identical rare items that are different item classes (sword and axe with same stats for instance.).

The main reason to play 1.00 is to get gooooooodly gear for classic in 1.13d patch or whatever. It's actually insane. -40 req ornates, etc. are all crazy good. And of course gambling rare items.

I thought I started 1.00 to gamble SoJs but it quickly became apparent that what I stayed for was gambling rare items. I probably have more than 50 Sojs in 1.00 just for the fun of it. Gambling 'caps' or 'leather boots' while having the respective unique item in your stash generates a ton of rare items for cheap. Getting insane items this way is actually not that hard, but of course very cheesy. :)

Harpoons do sell for a lot of gold. Gold don't drop more with player count, so I farm gold with my gold find barbarian. He runs a map seeds with champions near WP in river of flame and city of the damned cashing in on tons of gold in gold piles and items and have a great chance to find some good rare items (12,5% chance for item to be rare from champions). I think each champion dropped 20k gold if they dropped gold. It's also a great way to get EXP, I think my barb is level 93 by just playing with '/players 1'.

By the way, a barb is by far the best character. Necro's CE is ridicolous and fire sorc are pretty good too but if you can get a high damage ancient axe on your barb it's pretty much game over. :p

maxicek likes this.
  4. Eriklop

Super cool to hear your story, i have 2 decent weapons. i really wanted the -40 req. Its insane how much atri that saves on a bec de corbin. i believe its got the best range.

How did u get Attack ratting. what items did u wear. Im really curious. Im a ww noob.

Attached Files:

5. imakeigloospat

You honestly don't need it. You will hit once every frame, 25 times a second. If I can theorize a little I would say that if you have decent life leech on both rings and weapon you can probably go a lot into dexterity and less in vitality to be able to hit more... Probably not a bad idea.

Blocking is of course super over powered considering every monster have four times the attack rating they are supposed to making defense terrible in the early patches. Hence why I use light armor (cheap to gamble) on my characters.

Just so you know, Executitioner sword does 1 handed damage even while wielding it as two handed. This is probably the case for all swords. Also, I run 2x The Patriarch on my gold find barb and melt champions in Hell... :p

So yea, a pike like that or axe will do wnders. However, you can get a lot stronger roll than that. To bad mauls does 1-1 two handed damage in this patch and there is no lance, but ancient axe is not to bad although the range sucks. With -40 req you can spend more in dexterity hitting more monsters! ^_^

6. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

Is it possible to socket using SoJ and skull(s)? I don't even remember the recipe as Larzuk quests are easier to farm than SoJs and pskulls in LoD

My barb is melting everything p5 NM act IV with a rare pike, and it's only 29-131 damage.

What does one do with pgems in this patch? Forward to 1.07 to make prismatic amus there?

7. imakeigloospat

Yes, no need for pgems in classic. Use them in 1.07.

You can socket items with SoJ indeed which is what I use most of mine for. However, this is only possible after 1.09 I think. It was created to remove all the duped SoJ's on battle.net.

By the way, you can transfer items from classic directly to 1.13d and get bugged items. Not sure how legit this is here on the forums but a way to get some fun items.

8. helvete

I want to keep the stats (higher goldfind, strength on boots, higher resists) as is, and I've heard the way to do this is the following:

1 - Stick items on mule in 1.00
    2 - Open said mule in 1.07 and convert it to LoD
    3 - (Optional) Open the mule in whatever later patch the items will be used in.

Do the level req on rares change? I know uniques get their level reqs when converted to LoD, but who'd want to do that, seeing how they are all inferior to their LoD versions.

So bottom line is that no useful item can gain a socket in classic pre 1.09 then. Any knowledge about the rare reroll recipes? If they were even there, and what ilvl they output?

9. imakeigloospat

Yes, the method you describe is the way to go. However, if you try to skip going to 1.07 first with set or unique items you will get some buggy results with a lot of items (Unique War Staff for instance). Level requirement of rares I am not sure...

And no, you cannot socket items pre 1.09. But you can bring it forward with a 1.00-1.06 SoJ and socket it there.

Here are some of my bugged items in my GoMule stash. Again, these are legitimately found and brought forward with no 3rd party software involved. Note that the result is the same every time.

Code:
    The Iron Jang Bong
    War Staff
    Two Hand Damage: 24 - 56
    Durability: 243 of 250
    Required Level: 28
    Fingerprint: 0x3097d746
    Item Level: 80
    Version: Legacy (pre 1.08)
    +2 to Paladin Skill Levels
    +20% Faster Cast Rate
    100% Enhanced Damage
    50% Bonus to Attack Rating
    +2 to Nova (Sorceress Only)
    +2 to Blaze (Sorceress Only)
    +3 to Frost Nova (Sorceress Only)
    +30 Defense

Steelclash
    Kite Shield
    Defense: 54
    Chance to Block: 33
    Durability: 166 of 168
    Required Level: 17
    Required Strength: 47
    Fingerprint: 0x1b4d4ade
    Item Level: 82
    +1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
    +20% Faster Block Rate
    25% Increased Chance of Blocking
    +82% Enhanced Defense
    +20 Defense
    All Resistances +15
    Damage Reduced by 3
    +3 to Light Radius
    +18 Maximum Durability 

Being level 1 requirement you pretty much one shot everything up to a good part of the game, especially with two SoJ's that add lightning damage as well and blood fists.

I also have a 275 page long document written in 2001 about Diablo 2 classic patches. It has some useful stuff.

Just remembered also another instance with bugging items. If you transfer a Gull from 1.00 (50% MF) directly to 1.13d it will get 100% MF. But by going to 1.07 first then 1.13d it will be 50% MF. So it can be exploited in a lot of ways.

You can also bring forward rare exceptional weapons to essentially re-roll them in later patches in classic if they are terrible items in 1.00-1.06. Also, set items becomes super bugged and you can have some pretty creative set combinations as the set bonuses remain even though the base changes.

Here are some of my items on my Sorceress that have been all obtained in 1.00. It's pretty crazy..

Code:
    Beast Veil
    Cap
    Defense: 3
    Durability: 11 of 12
    Required Level: 41
    Fingerprint: 0x27c94467
    Item Level: 58
    +20% Faster Hit Recovery
    +11 to Dexterity
    +97 to Life
    Cold Resist +21%
    Lightning Resist +43%
    Fire Resist +26%
    1 Sockets (1 used)
    Socketed: Perfect Ruby 

Hailstone Jack
    Quilted Armor
    Defense: 8
    Durability: 18 of 20
    Required Strength: 12
    Fingerprint: 0x1c4f6c72
    Item Level: 58
    +20% Faster Hit Recovery
    +13 to Dexterity
    +51 to Life
    Cold Resist +25%
    Lightning Resist +49%
    Fire Resist +27%

Dire Chain
    Sash
    Defense: 2
    Fingerprint: 0x6413675e
    Item Level: 43
    +17 to Strength
    +4 to Dexterity
    +56 to Life
    Cold Resist +26%
    Lightning Resist +16%
    Fire Resist +24% 

Raven Spur
    Boots
    Durability: 12 of 12
    Required Level: 1
    Fingerprint: 0x44275c77
    Item Level: 28
    +30% Faster Run/Walk
    +20% Faster Hit Recovery
    +18 to Strength
    Cold Resist +40%
    Lightning Resist +43%
    Fire Resist +31%

And these are just on my Sorceress. I have many more and even better items too just from gambling in 1.00.

Grape likes this.
  10. Grape

Grape Diabloii.Net Member

Just crazy!

Those boots are just... I'm speechless

11. imakeigloospat

Glad you like them! There's a 7% chance to gamble rare items and 3% chance gambling uniques. Having Hotspurs in the stash while gambling makes it so every ten boots one gamble is rare and boots are only 2500 gold you get to roll one pair of boots for 25000 gold. Imagine how many great boots one can get this way (or any other item for that matter).

Edit:
    Found these by browsing through also, pretty decent. They are in 1.00 so no GoMule print out. I should have added support for 1.00 to 1.06 in GoMule. That would make things a lot easier..

Code:
    Gale Stalker
    Boots
    Required Level: 22
    Fastest Run/Walk
    +17 to Strength
    +23 to Life
    Cold Resist 24%
    Lightning Resist 44%
    Fire Resist 35%

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  12. RadTang

RadTang Diabloii.Net Member

Wow.. what a crazy stuff.. these resists on boots are just OMG :) Congrats. By the way, why they are only a normal items? Due to how rare are exceptionals in classic?

13. helvete

It's because gambles do not upgrade to exceptional items. Defense doesn't matter much at all, so the price (2500 gold at any level) is what matters. You get more than twice as many boots for the same price as heavy boots.

14. RadTang

They are locked in the game's code as gamble result then? Haven't played any other version than 1.13c and checking out Median XL once. I think I should do it at least once, for fun / challenge / both. :)

15. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Quoted for truth !!!

16. imakeigloospat

What do you mean locked in? The gamble screen is populated like in 1.13d but one can only gamble the normal version of the base item type.

So if you gamble 'boots' you will get boots. 3% of them will be unique, 5% will be set, 7% will be rare and 85% will be magic. Only one unique item can be in game so if you already have the unique boots you will increase the chance of the item being rare by 3% as a failed unique item will spawn as rare (with triple durability).

17. RadTang

Thanks for explaining this to me, @imakeigloospat . I meant that the items you get in gambling are marked as gambled ones (in the way which is invisible to a player). Probably the ability to get exceptional / elite upgrade in gambling was added in LoD.

18. helvete

Actually, the durability is x5, same as uniques are. I really really wish for a failed unique pike with 130+ max damage, since that would be 5x more comfortable than my current one. Also wish for mana leech and barb skills on it, since that would free up a gear slot and add a little to BO duration (BO is much less impressive in 1.00).

19. helvete

Cow King in NM just dropped me 5-6 high end rares/uniques even though it was a 1 player game and it was run number many. We're talking battle hammers and exec swords here. Anyone else had that happen, or know if it can be replicated? That would sure speed things up for me.

Currently lvl 54 barb while sorc is more or less parked. Haven't gotten around to pushing through hell yet, but seeing how easy NM cows is, that should be no problem (except for hell chaos which will be a pain).

20. Eriklop

I have had i think 2 of the super drops at cows, im really unsure how it is caused though. I know others hace had this aswell.